“Very Good choice in the heart of Paris”

Hotel Atala Champs Elysees
Ranked #438 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Nizhni Novgorod, Nizhegorodskaya obl., Russia
“Very Good choice in the heart of Paris”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Overall Atala Hotel is very good. Perfect location: it's 3 min walk to Champs-Elysees but still situated on the quiet street, so there is no noise. Our room was rather large and perfectly furnished: stylish, functional and tastefully. The breakfast was fabulous, though it's rather expensive but it is worth money: 4-5 kinds of cheese, salmon, cherry tomatoes and cornichons, 3-4 kinds of sausage, fresh juices, fruit salads etc. Service was also good. One thing which prevents me to evaluate this hotel is excellent is trouble which happened on our first day. Water drain in the bathroom malfunctioned, water is quickly accumulated in the bath which didn't make possible to take a shower. We complained in the evening but there was no technician and malfunction was repaired only next day. I would suggest Atala to prepare rooms more carefully, so to identify such issues before complains from customers. All other things are good. Probably I will stay here again next time in Paris.

Room Tip: Check all facilities immediately when you get the room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank MaximLeykin
hotelatala, Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Atala Champs Elysees, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear Mr. Leykin,

Thank you very much for your comment.
We are really pleased that you enjoyed the location, the room, the breakfast and the service.

Concerning the shower not working well, I present you my apologize. You are totally right, we should have noticed and repaired that before your arrival.

I remain at your disposal, do not hesitate to contact me.

I hope to welcome you again in the future.

Jessica

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I booking in this hotel after carefully reviewing the comments here on trip advisor, made a reservation for 4 nights for a room Aug 2013, I arrived late at the hotel at 23:00 for a 8hrs long flight from dubai on the 22nd Aug as per the booking. on arrival I was greeted by a very rude member of staff at the reception. He confirmed my booking and took my credit card and charged it for 145 Euros (as per my booking details and confirmation).

After he charged my card, he says that the booking is incorrect and wants me to pay 40 Euros extra to hand over the room keys - he mentions that the booking is for a single person and as I was with my wife. I showed my booking confirmation copy and argued about my booking, I was told in a very rude manner either to pay and take the room or to leave the hotel.

Being very tired after the long flight and having stood in the reception of the hotel for nearly 30 mins, I paid the 40 Euro EXTRA and took the rooms keys. On going to the room I find out that room allotted to me was a single room and not a double room (I paid 40 Extra Euros in the middle of the night for a confirmed booking) and yet was given only a single room - moreover the room was really dirty and the beds seems to have been used. Called the reception again enquired about this, requested for a different room a couple of time (and for a double room), and having been denied - we were asked to leave the hotel at mid night after a really long flight. without any alternative rooms or arrangements I was left in the road with my really tired wife.

Room Tip: Choose better places - lots of hotels offer better prices and better services than this hotel - I ma...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank S B
hotelatala, Responsable Hébergement at Hotel Atala Champs Elysees, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear Sir,

You made a reservation for a single room for one person.
In the hotel, we do have single rooms and double rooms. In a single room, we can only accomode one persone.
You arrived by yourself and did not say that your wife was with you.
The night receptionnist made you pay one night upon arrival because your credit card was refused for a pre-authorisation, this is the procedure.
Then your wife arrived. The night receptionnist told you that you cannot be 2 persons in a single room. This is the security law.
That is why he told you that you have to change room and pay an additionnal cost for the second person.
Then the room he gave you was far from a single room as the last room available we had was a Superior Family room very spacious. You called the receptionnist because there was 2 twin beds (and a sofa bed) instead of one big double bed. But this was our last double room available.
The night receptionnist called me at 11pm to try to find a solution.
He then called you back telling you that we could make one double bed but only in the next morning and if this was not enough, we could change the room.
You decided to leave the hotel.
We should have charged you 2 nights as our cancellation policy is 48 hours.
However we have refunded you for everything.
Is this a nightmare?

Regards

Bloomington, Minnesota
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights during a recent business trip. The property and rooms are quite small but the place is very fun. The place is very typically European. The service was outstanding as was the breakfast and laundry.

The workout "room" is really just a workout "corner" but the equipment is decent.

The location is perfect - just a block off of the Champs Elysees in the heart of Paris. If you ask for a room on the top floor, there is a beautiful view of the city from your outdoor balcony.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your nice comment.
We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Providence, RI
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I just returned from a week-long business trip in Paris. As I have mentioned in a previous review of another hotel, my company is cheap and so my hotel budget is pretty small. With advance payment, Atala C.E was able to accommodate.

Basically, anyone who has ever done business travel in Paris should really not complain about this place. I have stayed in a lot of places, and most range from terrible to disappointing.

My experience at Atala was exceptionally good. I showed up early on a Sunday morning. Even though check-in was not until later in the afternoon and my room was busy, the lady at reception was able to move me to another room so I could check in, shower and put my stuff away. I do speak French, but I heard her interact with other customers. Her English close to bilingual. She was equally professional and accommodating to them as she was to me.

This stay at Atala was great, because it beat all the low expectations I had, based on prior experiences.

I expected a room the size of a broom closet. By Paris standards, especially given the location (Champs Elysees), the cheapest (read: smallest) room they had was enormous. I’d say it’s about 25 sq. meter, or 250 sq. feet. And I had a queen size bed (praise the lord…).

I expected no or faulty air conditioning. This was the middle of a heat wave early August 2013 but the air conditioning unit above the front door delivered more cool air than I needed, to the point where I had to turn it off at night (it got chilly!).

Because this is right on Champs Elysees, I expected noise. Turns out my room was on the back yard and I heard – quite literally – nothing at all, day and night.

Expected a painful lack of amenities: Safe worked great. I asked for an iron and board, got both for free. Wifi worked perfectly and (a real shock!) was free. Room was spotless and cleaned daily. Got refill of bath products daily, and towels were changed roughly every 2-3 days even though I never asked for the change (you can get clean ones every day if you ask).

Overall, Atala overshot on all my expectations by miles and miles. The things I did expect to be nice were there. From the hotel, a 2 minute walk will get you to metro station George V. 10 minutes to one of Paris’s transportation hubs Etoile or more lines at FDR station. There’s obviously a million bars and restaurants around there but my advice would be stay away from Champs Elysees (tourist trap central) and explore the parts to the East (Friedland, Berri…).

Apparently, the hotel has a good restaurant and a free gym. I did not use them.

Finally, I’ve kept the best for last: One BIG, BIG plus is the public C’NET Laundromat about a quarter mile from the hotel. Address is 48 rue de Berri. If you like to travel light, and you’re staying at Atala, you can use this place to get laundry done. It opens at 7 am and a 5 kilo wash / dry with powder will cost you about 8 euros. Bring coins.

Great little hotel. I was very pleased to have stayed there.

Room Tip: If you're travelling alone, the smallest room should do just fine. For a couple, this could be a...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank karelva
Good morning,

Thank you so much! It is really nice of you to have taken the time to write such a nice comment!
The Atala Team is working for the guests to be satisfied, to feel confortable and to leave with a nice memory of the hotel. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I had some trouble finding the hotel when I first got there. In reality it could not have a better location. It is five minutes away from either of the metro stations (Etoile - Charles de Gaulle or George V). Yet it is far enough from the main thoroughfare that you do not hear the tourist traffic that is customary for Champs Elysees.

The hotel and facilities have some age. You could see it was recently renovated however you still saw the exposed plumbing in the bathroom. Overall the room looked like something from the early 80s. It is very likely I had asked for a king bed but I probably ended up with a twin. Hopefully you do not like watching TV as that looked as it was from the 80s as well. I did not even consider the breakfast option, something like 22 euros.

In the end none this mattered as it was my intention to see as much as possible on foot and metro. I would get to the hotel late that the bed felt just fine and no time for TV. I was able to get by with breakfast at a cost of 10 to 12 euros at any of the cafes or bakeries.

A great experience considering the location. I could not have imagined staying close to Champs Elysees at a cost equivalent of $150 per night. Also congratulations to the staff, very helpful and good English in the event my French was not functional.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
hotelatala, Responsable Hébergement at Hotel Atala Champs Elysees, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear Chillinathtown,

I would like to apologize for the room and the TV as you did not like them.
As you could see, the Atala hotel is a small independant hotel and we are renovating the rooms one by one. Therefore if you wish to stay in Atala in the future, you can ask for another room type.
Concerning the TV, we do agree with you and we will change everthing next year hopefully.
About the breakfast, I understand that 22 euros is more expensive than the 10 or 12 euros that you found in cafes or bakeris, however for 22 euros, we propose a buffet with coffee, tea, hot chocolate, different fruit juices, water, milk, different types of breads, mini viennoiseries, yogurth, cheeses, cold meat, smoked salmon, cereals, fruits, fruit salads, eggsand you can serve yourself as much as you want. If you wish to take all this in a parisian cafe, the price would be a lot more than 22 euros!

Thank you for your nice comment about the staff, the entire team is really pleased!

I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again in the future.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We stayed as a couple for 2 nights and were very impressed by the hotel.

The hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful from the moment we checked in. We had a superior double room which was a good size, very well decorated and had all required facilities along with a balcony with a view of the Eiffel Tower.

Hotel is in an excellent location, in a quiet road but only a couple of minutes walk from the Champs Elysees. The George V metro station is also only a couple of minutes walk away.

We did not use the bar facilities or the garden due to the limited time we had but they looked quite impressive.

We considered the hotel very good value for the standard and location.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
hotelatala, Responsable Hébergement at Hotel Atala Champs Elysees, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Dear Richard and Alison,

Thank you so much for this nice comment.

It is such a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel.

We look foward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

We stayed at the Atala over the weekend of the tour de France climax. Great location for the race and for sight seeing - only 2 minutes walk to the champs elysees. Our room (602) was a suite with 2 balconies overlooking the eiffel tower. It was a large, clean and comfortable room that was well air conditioned. Tea and coffee making facilities provided. Staff were friendly and accommodating. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Lynn W,

Thank you so much for this nice comment.

The entire Atala team is delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
We hope to welcome you again in the future.