Hotel Edouard 7
US$233
US$224
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$152
Hotels.com
US$486
US$411
1,136 results
All reviewsopera houseavenue de l'operaperfect locationpalais garnierplace vendomeparis operawalking distancethe hotel staffheart of parisfront desk staffbeautiful hotelbeautiful roomsmall balconydeluxe roomwould highly recommend this hotellouvre museumperfect stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The most helpful, friendly staff I have ever encountered. Accommodating our every desire with special food requests and helpful reservations to local sights. Walking distance to all the main sights and a very safe environment. Bus stop and subway as well as bikes all just minutes from the door

Room Tip: We visited friends in other rooms and all the rooms were different . I liked that ours had a full bathtub plus shower. Some only had showers so if you prefer baths then ask for this option when booking room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelEdouard7Paris, Head Manager Assistant at Hotel Edouard 7, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to say thank you very much for your kind comment, the entire team is delighted to see that your stay was enjoyable.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you at the Edouard 7 again.

Best regards

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My wife and I like to stay in the 9th Arrondissement, near the Opera, because it is close to the department stores, many shops, and the museums. In about 6 previous trips to Paris, we have stayed each time at one hotel or another, but have never repeated because we were not satisfied with the hotel, especially the room size. This time I chose the Hotel Edouard 7 because the superior room I chose had enough space, and we would not feel like sardines in a can!

Our room was Room 411. The room faced Rue d’Antin and we could not hear any street noise at all, in the morning or at night. This was good because I am very sensitive to noise and will be unable to sleep if there is any noise at all. I think that the windows are triple-glazed to eliminate all exterior noise. There were blackout drapes that made the room completely dark when closed. I need a very dark room to be able to sleep well.

Our room had two twin beds placed side by side. The beds were very comfortable and looked like they were new. They were covered with a comforter. There was a large brown upholstered headboard. There were reading lamps beside the beds and small bedside tables to store your things. The predominant colors in the room were brown and tan. The wall behind the beds was covered with a tan-colored fabric with a diamond design. At the foot of the bed there was a long chest for storing things, and this was covered with a leather-like brown fabric. The beds rested on a large square carpet. The rest of the room had a wooden floor.

There were two closets with shelves, with adequate storage space. These closets were covered with curtains in a tan fabric. There was a writing desk covered with glass and with handy electrical outlets above it. The chair for the desk was made of wood and had a plaid fabric upholstery. Above the desk was an LG TV set. The room also had a small round table with a glass top and on each side of the table there was an upholstered yellow chair that was quite comfortable. There was a floor lamp beside this table to provide light.

The bathroom was quite dramatic because it was all white and had a walk-in rain shower. There was plenty of light in the bathroom. The sides of the bathroom were paved with ceramic tile that had a marble effect. However natural marble has many defects, while this ceramic tile had no defects at all. It was also whiter than natural marble. Beside the overhead rain shower, there was a hand held shower. Both were easy to use. I have been to many modern hotels that had showers that were very difficult to use and it took much time to learn how to use them. There was also an electronic scale on the floor of the bathroom so that you could see if you had gained weight!

The room had two luggage racks, where most hotels have only one. One of the racks was beside the door and the other one was in one of the closets. There was a minibar that was glass faced so that you could see what was in it, without opening the door. Above it was a small safe.

The breakfast buffet was adequate. There were scrambled eggs, small sausages that were very good, bacon, and ham. There were nice small pastries, a variety of bread, fruit cocktail, and different types of juice. There was also a salad with lettuce and cut tomato slices.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, always attentive. We asked them for 6 more coat hangers and smaller pillows, and we got them immediately. For me the attitude of the staff is very important. We felt at home with the staff at the desk. The concierge arranged for us to take a tour to Versailles, a tour in which they pick you up at the hotel in a minibus. When it was raining, the assistant to the concierge (a very friendly and charming young Polish man by the name of Pawel called us a taxi. At the breakfast buffet there was a young Chinese lady by the name of Lily who remembered exactly what type of coffee my wife wanted. We asked the desk every day to have the maid make up our room early and when we got back after lunch the room was made up.

The location of the hotel was very convenient. The Opera was about 3 blocks away, and beside it was one of the main metro stations. We were able to walk to the Galeries Lafayette and the Printemps Haussmann. We were able to walk to the Rue St. Honore and see the stores there. The Rue de Rivoli was also close and there were many stores there that were interesting. The Madeleine Church was walkable. There were some museums we walked to, which included the Musee d’Orsay, the Orangerie and the Musee des Arts Decoratifs. The Louvre was close by, but we did not go to this museum on this trip.

We will definitely return to this very good hotel in the near future. I think I have found my home in Paris!

I would like to mention that there is a good supermarket nearby, called the Monoprix (21 Avenue de l'Opéra). A restaurant about two blocks away that is good and reasonable priced is the Café Brasilia (36 bis, Avenue de l’Opera). An elegant Chinese restaurant nearby is the Passy Mandarin Palais Royal (6 Rue d’Antin). Boulangerie Paul is at 25 Avenue De L'Opera and has very good and inexpensive macaroons, as well as other yummy baked goods.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelEdouard7Paris, Head Manager Assistant at Hotel Edouard 7, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind and long comment with all these descriptions. All the team was very happy when we received your post.

By reading your lines, I can see that you spent a very good stay in Paris, and it seems that we have matched with your expectations.

Looking forward to welcome you back very soon.

Kindest regards.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed there July 4 through July 10, 2014 with my family of 4. I booked this hotel last September 2013 and requested 2 rooms with a city view and balconies connected and breakfast included. When we checked in we got the "only" two rooms available. Top floor back corner sloped ceilings very small facing an alley and another building. None of us could sleep in these rooms. It was like being in a small attic. I was feeling very uncomfortable and like I was in a dark prison the whole week. Not to mention that breakfast wasn't included in my price. I paid for the city view rooms with balconies and got screwed. I couldn't look at the staff behind the desk all week out of my anger for being treated this way. These reservations were made a year ago and confirmed. Not sure why we were taken advantage of??? When we asked if we could pay the extra for breakfast we were told it would be 30e a day per person or about $200 a day! We went to Starbucks instead since we had already been messed with enough. Overall it was a disaster and we couldn't wait to get out of there. If you are told you get room numbers 705 and 706 RUN!!!!!

Room Tip: Just go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Danila12014
HotelEdouard7Paris, Executive Manager at Hotel Edouard 7, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Sir,

First of all, we would like to thank for having chosen our hotel for your trip in Paris.
Please accept our apologies for the fact that our services at the hotel has not met yours expectations .
However we are very surprised by yours comments and the way that you have described our services .
I wish to take this opportunity to clear out some of the points that has been mentioned in your review:

Concerning your rooms:
You have booked 2 deluxe rooms through internet and we give you 2 adjoining deluxe rooms of the Couture Collection situated in the higher floor of the hotel .
We regret to hear that you did not appreciate your rooms because we do very often give the rooms on the seventh floor and usually have a very good feedback from the clients.

When you made your booking on internet, you have put the request for connecting rooms but it is only a request. The connecting rooms were never confirmed to you ( because it depends on avaibility) .
We are doing our best all the time to respect all the requests from our guest but during busy period ( fashion week in Paris) we can not confirm everything.
The best thing to do if you wish to confirm very important requests is to send an email to our reservation department in order to clarify all the points before your arrival. We never have received an email from you asking all those details.
Concerning the view and the balcony, we did not have those requests on your bookings .

Regarding the breakfast:
Unfortunately you have booked a rate excluding breakfast. So, breakfast was not included for both rooms.
It costs 30€ per day and per person for a buffet breakfast with very good and fresh products and a lot of choice ( pancakes made by our Chief , different cheese, types of eggs, lettuce, tomatoes, pastries, whole-bread, nature bread, marmalade, butter, bacon, juices, coffee, chocolate and tea, etc)
We are very sorry to read that you only talk about the cost , but we can not compare our breakfast and breakfast served in Starbucks … because it is completely different.

Once again, we are truly sorry about all the inconveniences you have met during your stay and we hope that you will understand our anwers.
We do regret the fact that our services has not met yours expectations and that you describes our hotel as a waste of money despite of all our efforts .
Be sure that I will share yours comments with the entire staff but we would have much preferred if would have taken the time to share your impression on our hotel while you was staying with us in order to be able to present our apologies and find a way to make it up to them .

We stay at your disposal for any further assistance.

Best regards from Paris

Cathy Lammens

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I have stayed twice at the Hotel Edouard 7 for business, once in November 2013 and once in June 2014. Both stays were great. The staff is very friendly and provides excellent service. The rooms are very nice with comfortable beds and modern in-room decor. The location is also fantastic - right in Central Paris - with the Opera and Pyramides metro stops just a few steps from the hotel. I will definitely plan to stay here again on my next business trip to Paris.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that fronts onto the Avenue de l'Opera if you want a fantastic view of the Opera house from your room. Ask for a room that fronts onto the Rue d'Antin if you want a slightly more quiet stay.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jonathan B

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the Edouard 7 team, I would like to thank you so much to write us your feedback after your stay at Edouard7 hotel.

All the team was very happy to read your comment and it will be a real pleasure to welcome you back during your next business trip to Paris.

Best regards.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Just had the May Bank Holiday weekend in Paris at this Hotel with my sister. This hotel is in a fantastic location, probably would compare it here in London to Mayfair or Kensington, located right by the Opera house. Although I booked a deluxe room, upon arrival, we were immediately upgraded to a deluxe suite which was superb. We arrived early and the Hotel were extremely happy to look after our cases before we embarked on our site seeing. We did the Champs Elysee designer shops first which were great, but beware of the chinese, koreans and japanese as they are everywhere in big forceful groups and have no manners whatsoever. We did lunch at a great place called Le Musset relatively close to The Hotel and the food was superb. The staff at the hotel were very polite and extremely helpful, nothing was ever too much trouble and most of them spoke excellent english. The Metro connections are fantastic as well as the buses and taxis. Before leaving for Paris, we were told 'don't use the metro because its dirty and dangerous' but quite the contrary, its no dirtier than our London Tubes and we never felt in danger once. On one particular occasion, a man got in our carriage and started playing fancy french tunes on his accordion…..very sweet. Its a little confusing purchasing tickets, but once you get the hang of it this is fine. Also, there is much less walking and less stairs on the Paris Metro compared to our London Tube! On Sunday morning, we did The Louvre 'Skip the Line Viator Tour' with a guide, which was over 3 hours long and quite a bit of walking, but fantastic. Its impossible to see everything at this museum all in one day, so we just saw most of the main attractions as well as Napolean's Apartments which was well worth it. We also did The Moulin Rouge on the Saturday night and we both agreed that this was one of the best, if not the best show we have ever seen. Nothing really to compare it to in the West End, but its a must see. We booked the 3 course meal/champagne evening which starts well before the show and, although the food and drink is not up to much, its worth doing because you get better seating at the tables. Although this is a fantastic venue with amazing history attached to it, be aware that this is a 'squeeze em in' theatre. If you are in any way a few pounds heavier than you really should be then be prepared, the french have no patience for people who have 'special needs'. We saw one woman who was slightly overweight feeling very embarrassed as she tried to manoeuvre her way through the tables! On Sunday evening we did the late trip down The Seine was was very reasonably priced and another must. We also did a rickshaw too, very french and our cyclist was also very friendly and informative about lots of historical facts. PS Make note that on Sundays most things are closed!
Lastly, we did Monmatre on our last day, which is a must if you want to take in the Arts, the Monmatre Museum is at the back of the Sacre Coeur to the left, make sure you go there if you want to see where all the artists drew their famous paintings, the swing from the famous Renoir painting of 'The Swing' is actually still there in the gardens and you can hire a guided talk set of headphones really cheaply….you can also see where Suzanne Valadon lived and her studio where she painted (she was originally a model that Toulouse-Lautrec used and subsequently taught to paint). Unfortunately, I became unwell during this visit (maybe it had something to do with the overwhelming fragrance attached to Monmatre!) and we had to leave early and return to our Hotel.
When we returned for our luggage the hotel were absolutely brilliant, they put me and my sister in their cocktail lounge and pulled the curtain to give me privacy as I needed to lie down. They really were fantastic and without their hospitality at the end of our trip, I really do not know what we would have done. Thank you to all at Hotel Edouard VII.

Room Tip: I would imagine that all the rooms at this hotel are lovely, but we were upgraded from a deluxe room to a deluxe suite. Make sure you are facing the road and you will have a marvellous view of the Opera House, even if it is slightly noisy it is worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FoxyKent
HotelEdouard7Paris, Head Manager Assistant at Hotel Edouard 7, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your kind and long comment that I have shared with all the Team.
We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your trip in Paris and that we have met with your expectations.
London is not far from Paris, and so we hope to welcome you back very soon !

Do not hesitate to contact me personnaly if you need any help for your next booking.

Kindest regards