“nice find”
Review of Hotel Edouard 7

Hotel Edouard 7
Ranked #103 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 29 July 2014

being a top tourist destination, hotels in paris are overpriced. not to say that this one is. but I think it is good value.
we had two connecting rooms facing the ave l'opera. it had a picturesque view as you go out on the balcony. a little noisy though in the morning so you may want to choose a room on the side street. It is in great location - within walking distance to the opera shopping district on one end, and the louvre on the other.
I liked the modern design but with french designer elements. the rooms look brand new and practical but keeping the old aesthetics.
I took breakfast included in the rate, which was held in the lobby restaurant. it's a small hotel so same food everyday of breads, egg, meats, cheese, fruit and yoghurt. generally helpful and attentive staff except for a tall, french lady who didn't smile or greet the guests even when serving them.
wifi is a little slow and expires in 2 or 3 days. you need to ask for a new password if you are staying longer. and it automatically logs you off but you have to manually log on again everytime you're back in your room.
the aircon in our room was not as cold as in the other, so the thick duvet was not appropriate. I asked for a blanket but the did not have one.
overall a good stay. I would say comparable to the grander hotel but at a better price. it's a haven in the hot, busy summer day in paris.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HotelEdouard7Paris, Head assistant manager at Hotel Edouard 7, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for having chosen us during your stay in Paris and also for sharing your experience on Trip advisor. It is essential for us to improve our quality of service and received comments are a good way to do it.

We are really delighted to read your feedback and to know that your stay was enjoyable !

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back at the hotel !

Do not hesitate to contact us personally if you need any more information to plan your next trip in Paris.

Warmest regards

Head Manager Assistant

Write a ReviewReviews (1,093)

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Spent three nights at this hotel, the hotel is in a beautiful area, two blocks from the Opera, Rosybus stop from or to airport is next to Opera, 10.50Euros one way, took the 05:15am to airport, was there in 30 minutes (longer during day).
Metro station is right there, 15 minute walk to louvre area, can't beat location.
Hotel looks great from outside, beautiful from inside, people were very friendly with good english.
Rooms were very nice and a decent size, has a hallway where I could put luggage, very nice size bathroom also, very comfy bed. on the small bed a stuffed doggy awaited my 9 year old daughter and slippers, she loved it.
Did not try breakfast because was very expensive, 30E I believe, but it's Paris, why would you eat at the hotel?
The view from balcony was amazing, Opera to the left and could see Sacree Coeur (6th floor) also.
If it rains, don't buy an umbrella, they are right there in the lobby for guests.
Free WiFi.

Room Tip: busy road, was on the sixth floor, couldn't hear a thing.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HotelEdouard7Paris, head assistant manager at Hotel Edouard 7, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comment after your stay at Edouard7 Hotel.

We are delighted to read that we have met with your expectations. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you want to come back to our hotel, that will be a pleasure a welcome you back.

Best regards,

Head Assistant Manager

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I booked this hotel through booking.com, however, due to a pricing error on the hotels part, I ended up having to spend several hours of my vacation trying to work out a solution to the price issue.

The hotel ended up refusing honour the original price that was advertised and that I booked on the website and I was forced to have to work out a solution with booking.com.

The location is fantastic as it is steps away from the Opera House and a short walk to the Louvre. However, the service was not particularly good and the hotel rooms were extremely small for the price.

The cleaning/hotel staff walked into my room twice without first verifying whether I was in the room and when I mentioned it to the front desk, they were not particularly sympathetic.

The air conditioning unit didn't work in my room and as the hotel is on a main road, it was fairly noisy when leaving the window open.

I would not stay at this hotel again as there are many better options available in Paris for a more reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank aftereffect
HotelEdouard7Paris, head manager assistant at Hotel Edouard 7, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you to having chosen our hotel for your trip in Paris.
We are really sorry if our services have not met yours expectations.

You booked a room by booking.com and the price is fixed at the moment of your booking, so we do not understand why we are talking about a different price?

However your night in Paris was chosen during the Fashion week, it is one of the period with the most important activity. You booked a deluxe room, and I confirm you that you got it. After, it is true that we have less choice (high floor, view on the Opera etc) because the hotel is fully booked at that time.
If we had the possibility to upgrade you, it would be a pleasure for us to do it.
Concerning the air conditioning, please accept our apologies, there was a problem in your room but it was repaired the following day.

We are truly sorry about all the inconveniences you have met during your stay and we hope to welcome you again at the Edouard 7.

We stay at your disposal for any further assistance.

Best regards

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The most helpful, friendly staff I have ever encountered. Accommodating our every desire with special food requests and helpful reservations to local sights. Walking distance to all the main sights and a very safe environment. Bus stop and subway as well as bikes all just minutes from the door

Room Tip: We visited friends in other rooms and all the rooms were different . I liked that ours had a full ba...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelEdouard7Paris, Head Manager Assistant at Hotel Edouard 7, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to say thank you very much for your kind comment, the entire team is delighted to see that your stay was enjoyable.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you at the Edouard 7 again.

Best regards

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My wife and I like to stay in the 9th Arrondissement, near the Opera, because it is close to the department stores, many shops, and the museums. In about 6 previous trips to Paris, we have stayed each time at one hotel or another, but have never repeated because we were not satisfied with the hotel, especially the room size. This time I chose the Hotel Edouard 7 because the superior room I chose had enough space, and we would not feel like sardines in a can!

Our room was Room 411. The room faced Rue d’Antin and we could not hear any street noise at all, in the morning or at night. This was good because I am very sensitive to noise and will be unable to sleep if there is any noise at all. I think that the windows are triple-glazed to eliminate all exterior noise. There were blackout drapes that made the room completely dark when closed. I need a very dark room to be able to sleep well.

Our room had two twin beds placed side by side. The beds were very comfortable and looked like they were new. They were covered with a comforter. There was a large brown upholstered headboard. There were reading lamps beside the beds and small bedside tables to store your things. The predominant colors in the room were brown and tan. The wall behind the beds was covered with a tan-colored fabric with a diamond design. At the foot of the bed there was a long chest for storing things, and this was covered with a leather-like brown fabric. The beds rested on a large square carpet. The rest of the room had a wooden floor.

There were two closets with shelves, with adequate storage space. These closets were covered with curtains in a tan fabric. There was a writing desk covered with glass and with handy electrical outlets above it. The chair for the desk was made of wood and had a plaid fabric upholstery. Above the desk was an LG TV set. The room also had a small round table with a glass top and on each side of the table there was an upholstered yellow chair that was quite comfortable. There was a floor lamp beside this table to provide light.

The bathroom was quite dramatic because it was all white and had a walk-in rain shower. There was plenty of light in the bathroom. The sides of the bathroom were paved with ceramic tile that had a marble effect. However natural marble has many defects, while this ceramic tile had no defects at all. It was also whiter than natural marble. Beside the overhead rain shower, there was a hand held shower. Both were easy to use. I have been to many modern hotels that had showers that were very difficult to use and it took much time to learn how to use them. There was also an electronic scale on the floor of the bathroom so that you could see if you had gained weight!

The room had two luggage racks, where most hotels have only one. One of the racks was beside the door and the other one was in one of the closets. There was a minibar that was glass faced so that you could see what was in it, without opening the door. Above it was a small safe.

The breakfast buffet was adequate. There were scrambled eggs, small sausages that were very good, bacon, and ham. There were nice small pastries, a variety of bread, fruit cocktail, and different types of juice. There was also a salad with lettuce and cut tomato slices.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, always attentive. We asked them for 6 more coat hangers and smaller pillows, and we got them immediately. For me the attitude of the staff is very important. We felt at home with the staff at the desk. The concierge arranged for us to take a tour to Versailles, a tour in which they pick you up at the hotel in a minibus. When it was raining, the assistant to the concierge (a very friendly and charming young Polish man by the name of Pawel called us a taxi. At the breakfast buffet there was a young Chinese lady by the name of Lily who remembered exactly what type of coffee my wife wanted. We asked the desk every day to have the maid make up our room early and when we got back after lunch the room was made up.

The location of the hotel was very convenient. The Opera was about 3 blocks away, and beside it was one of the main metro stations. We were able to walk to the Galeries Lafayette and the Printemps Haussmann. We were able to walk to the Rue St. Honore and see the stores there. The Rue de Rivoli was also close and there were many stores there that were interesting. The Madeleine Church was walkable. There were some museums we walked to, which included the Musee d’Orsay, the Orangerie and the Musee des Arts Decoratifs. The Louvre was close by, but we did not go to this museum on this trip.

We will definitely return to this very good hotel in the near future. I think I have found my home in Paris!

I would like to mention that there is a good supermarket nearby, called the Monoprix (21 Avenue de l'Opéra). A restaurant about two blocks away that is good and reasonable priced is the Café Brasilia (36 bis, Avenue de l’Opera). An elegant Chinese restaurant nearby is the Passy Mandarin Palais Royal (6 Rue d’Antin). Boulangerie Paul is at 25 Avenue De L'Opera and has very good and inexpensive macaroons, as well as other yummy baked goods.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelEdouard7Paris, Head Manager Assistant at Hotel Edouard 7, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind and long comment with all these descriptions. All the team was very happy when we received your post.

By reading your lines, I can see that you spent a very good stay in Paris, and it seems that we have matched with your expectations.

Looking forward to welcome you back very soon.

Kindest regards.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed there July 4 through July 10, 2014 with my family of 4. I booked this hotel last September 2013 and requested 2 rooms with a city view and balconies connected and breakfast included. When we checked in we got the "only" two rooms available. Top floor back corner sloped ceilings very small facing an alley and another building. None of us could sleep in these rooms. It was like being in a small attic. I was feeling very uncomfortable and like I was in a dark prison the whole week. Not to mention that breakfast wasn't included in my price. I paid for the city view rooms with balconies and got screwed. I couldn't look at the staff behind the desk all week out of my anger for being treated this way. These reservations were made a year ago and confirmed. Not sure why we were taken advantage of??? When we asked if we could pay the extra for breakfast we were told it would be 30e a day per person or about $200 a day! We went to Starbucks instead since we had already been messed with enough. Overall it was a disaster and we couldn't wait to get out of there. If you are told you get room numbers 705 and 706 RUN!!!!!

Room Tip: Just go somewhere else.
2  Thank Danila12014
HotelEdouard7Paris, Executive Manager at Hotel Edouard 7, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Sir,

First of all, we would like to thank for having chosen our hotel for your trip in Paris.
Please accept our apologies for the fact that our services at the hotel has not met yours expectations .
However we are very surprised by yours comments and the way that you have described our services .
I wish to take this opportunity to clear out some of the points that has been mentioned in your review:

Concerning your rooms:
You have booked 2 deluxe rooms through internet and we give you 2 adjoining deluxe rooms of the Couture Collection situated in the higher floor of the hotel .
We regret to hear that you did not appreciate your rooms because we do very often give the rooms on the seventh floor and usually have a very good feedback from the clients.

When you made your booking on internet, you have put the request for connecting rooms but it is only a request. The connecting rooms were never confirmed to you ( because it depends on avaibility) .
We are doing our best all the time to respect all the requests from our guest but during busy period ( fashion week in Paris) we can not confirm everything.
The best thing to do if you wish to confirm very important requests is to send an email to our reservation department in order to clarify all the points before your arrival. We never have received an email from you asking all those details.
Concerning the view and the balcony, we did not have those requests on your bookings .

Regarding the breakfast:
Unfortunately you have booked a rate excluding breakfast. So, breakfast was not included for both rooms.
It costs 30€ per day and per person for a buffet breakfast with very good and fresh products and a lot of choice ( pancakes made by our Chief , different cheese, types of eggs, lettuce, tomatoes, pastries, whole-bread, nature bread, marmalade, butter, bacon, juices, coffee, chocolate and tea, etc)
We are very sorry to read that you only talk about the cost , but we can not compare our breakfast and breakfast served in Starbucks … because it is completely different.

Once again, we are truly sorry about all the inconveniences you have met during your stay and we hope that you will understand our anwers.
We do regret the fact that our services has not met yours expectations and that you describes our hotel as a waste of money despite of all our efforts .
Be sure that I will share yours comments with the entire staff but we would have much preferred if would have taken the time to share your impression on our hotel while you was staying with us in order to be able to present our apologies and find a way to make it up to them .

We stay at your disposal for any further assistance.

Best regards from Paris

Cathy Lammens

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I have stayed twice at the Hotel Edouard 7 for business, once in November 2013 and once in June 2014. Both stays were great. The staff is very friendly and provides excellent service. The rooms are very nice with comfortable beds and modern in-room decor. The location is also fantastic - right in Central Paris - with the Opera and Pyramides metro stops just a few steps from the hotel. I will definitely plan to stay here again on my next business trip to Paris.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that fronts onto the Avenue de l'Opera if you want a fantastic view of the Opera...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jonathan B

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the Edouard 7 team, I would like to thank you so much to write us your feedback after your stay at Edouard7 hotel.

All the team was very happy to read your comment and it will be a real pleasure to welcome you back during your next business trip to Paris.

Best regards.