“Wonderful Right Bank Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Edouard 7

Hotel Edouard 7
Ranked #116 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Wonderful Right Bank Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I highly recommend this upscale, seemingly recently renovated hotel. The staff (multilingual) was wonderful, friendly, helpful and responsive. I had a corner suite on the 4th floor, and other members of my family had the same suite on the 3rd floor. The location was great: short walk to the Opera, Pyramides, and Palais Royal-Musee du Louvre metro stops; and walking distance from Opera Garnier, the Louvre, Place Vendome, the Tuileries Gardens, Palais Royal, the giant Printemps and Galleries Lafayette department stores, clothing stores (Hugo Boss, De Fursac, Diesel, and others), and much more. The suites were spacious with a king bed (that can be separated into two twins), plenty of alcove closet spaces, flat screen televisions, a Nespresso coffee maker, living room with comfortable couch, a large marble bathroom with separate shower and tub, many large floor to ceiling windows, and Parisian balconies with a great view (see pix). I would definitely return here again (and this is from someone who knows the city: it was my 12th trip to Paris). My only suggestion to the hotel (and it is a trivial one): abolish the annoying wifi password system (one per device, and only good for 1 or 3 days) in favor of a wifi system not limited to each device having to have separate passwords.

Room Tip: Get a room with balconies that open onto the Av de l'Opera side.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelEdouard7Paris, head manager assistant at Hotel Edouard 7, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your trust in our hotel.

We are delighted to read that is your 12th trip in Paris and from now you have found your new Parisian home!

Trip Advisor is one of the better way to increase our quality of service so your comment is very interesting.

We have read your suggestion about the wifi with a lot of attention and we are actually working on. And so we hope you will enjoy a new system when you will come back to Paris.

We will be very happy to welcome you back soon.

Kindest Regards

Head Manager Assistant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel is the one of the most expensive of my vacation--and it is Paris so it is worth it! Great location and convenient to walk to all of the main sites. Surrounded by lovely neighborhood. The service has been very good, especially front desk and maid who worked around all of our luggage. One morning in the breakfast room was chaos--seemed like every guest arrived within an hour! The quality of the breakfast was very good. The shower/bath set up was a life saver after walking till footsore.

Stepping out of the hotel and seeing the Opera House to the left felt luxurious.

The wifi codes were a bit of a pain but when they didn't work properly they brought one up to our room in about 1 minute. Watch out for bathroom sink. We both splashed our fronts repeatedly from water sloshing up.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HotelEdouard7Paris, Head Manager Assistant at Hotel Edouard 7, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having chosen us during your trip in Paris.
Also, I would like to say thank you for having taken the time to let a comment about your stay.

We are delighted to know that we have matched with your expectations.

Looking forward to welcome you back.

Kind regards.

Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

being a top tourist destination, hotels in paris are overpriced. not to say that this one is. but I think it is good value.
we had two connecting rooms facing the ave l'opera. it had a picturesque view as you go out on the balcony. a little noisy though in the morning so you may want to choose a room on the side street. It is in great location - within walking distance to the opera shopping district on one end, and the louvre on the other.
I liked the modern design but with french designer elements. the rooms look brand new and practical but keeping the old aesthetics.
I took breakfast included in the rate, which was held in the lobby restaurant. it's a small hotel so same food everyday of breads, egg, meats, cheese, fruit and yoghurt. generally helpful and attentive staff except for a tall, french lady who didn't smile or greet the guests even when serving them.
wifi is a little slow and expires in 2 or 3 days. you need to ask for a new password if you are staying longer. and it automatically logs you off but you have to manually log on again everytime you're back in your room.
the aircon in our room was not as cold as in the other, so the thick duvet was not appropriate. I asked for a blanket but the did not have one.
overall a good stay. I would say comparable to the grander hotel but at a better price. it's a haven in the hot, busy summer day in paris.

Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HotelEdouard7Paris, Head assistant manager at Hotel Edouard 7, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for having chosen us during your stay in Paris and also for sharing your experience on Trip advisor. It is essential for us to improve our quality of service and received comments are a good way to do it.

We are really delighted to read your feedback and to know that your stay was enjoyable !

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back at the hotel !

Do not hesitate to contact us personally if you need any more information to plan your next trip in Paris.

Warmest regards

Kearny, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Spent three nights at this hotel, the hotel is in a beautiful area, two blocks from the Opera, Rosybus stop from or to airport is next to Opera, 10.50Euros one way, took the 05:15am to airport, was there in 30 minutes (longer during day).
Metro station is right there, 15 minute walk to louvre area, can't beat location.
Hotel looks great from outside, beautiful from inside, people were very friendly with good english.
Rooms were very nice and a decent size, has a hallway where I could put luggage, very nice size bathroom also, very comfy bed. on the small bed a stuffed doggy awaited my 9 year old daughter and slippers, she loved it.
Did not try breakfast because was very expensive, 30E I believe, but it's Paris, why would you eat at the hotel?
The view from balcony was amazing, Opera to the left and could see Sacree Coeur (6th floor) also.
If it rains, don't buy an umbrella, they are right there in the lobby for guests.
Free WiFi.

Room Tip: busy road, was on the sixth floor, couldn't hear a thing.
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelEdouard7Paris, head assistant manager at Hotel Edouard 7, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comment after your stay at Edouard7 Hotel.

We are delighted to read that we have met with your expectations. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you want to come back to our hotel, that will be a pleasure a welcome you back.

Best regards,

Head Assistant Manager
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I booked this hotel through booking.com, however, due to a pricing error on the hotels part, I ended up having to spend several hours of my vacation trying to work out a solution to the price issue.

The hotel ended up refusing honour the original price that was advertised and that I booked on the website and I was forced to have to work out a solution with booking.com.

The location is fantastic as it is steps away from the Opera House and a short walk to the Louvre. However, the service was not particularly good and the hotel rooms were extremely small for the price.

The cleaning/hotel staff walked into my room twice without first verifying whether I was in the room and when I mentioned it to the front desk, they were not particularly sympathetic.

The air conditioning unit didn't work in my room and as the hotel is on a main road, it was fairly noisy when leaving the window open.

I would not stay at this hotel again as there are many better options available in Paris for a more reasonable price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank aftereffect
HotelEdouard7Paris, head manager assistant at Hotel Edouard 7, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you to having chosen our hotel for your trip in Paris.
We are really sorry if our services have not met yours expectations.

You booked a room by booking.com and the price is fixed at the moment of your booking, so we do not understand why we are talking about a different price?

However your night in Paris was chosen during the Fashion week, it is one of the period with the most important activity. You booked a deluxe room, and I confirm you that you got it. After, it is true that we have less choice (high floor, view on the Opera etc) because the hotel is fully booked at that time.
If we had the possibility to upgrade you, it would be a pleasure for us to do it.
Concerning the air conditioning, please accept our apologies, there was a problem in your room but it was repaired the following day.

We are truly sorry about all the inconveniences you have met during your stay and we hope to welcome you again at the Edouard 7.

We stay at your disposal for any further assistance.

Best regards

glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

The most helpful, friendly staff I have ever encountered. Accommodating our every desire with special food requests and helpful reservations to local sights. Walking distance to all the main sights and a very safe environment. Bus stop and subway as well as bikes all just minutes from the door

Room Tip: We visited friends in other rooms and all the rooms were different . I liked that ours had a full ba...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelEdouard7Paris, Head Manager Assistant at Hotel Edouard 7, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to say thank you very much for your kind comment, the entire team is delighted to see that your stay was enjoyable.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you at the Edouard 7 again.

Best regards

Malaga, Spain
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 3,057 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

My wife and I like to stay in the 9th Arrondissement, near the Opera, because it is close to the department stores, many shops, and the museums. In about 6 previous trips to Paris, we have stayed each time at one hotel or another, but have never repeated because we were not satisfied with the hotel, especially the room size. This time I chose the Hotel Edouard 7 because the superior room I chose had enough space, and we would not feel like sardines in a can!

Our room was Room 411. The room faced Rue d’Antin and we could not hear any street noise at all, in the morning or at night. This was good because I am very sensitive to noise and will be unable to sleep if there is any noise at all. I think that the windows are triple-glazed to eliminate all exterior noise. There were blackout drapes that made the room completely dark when closed. I need a very dark room to be able to sleep well.

Our room had two twin beds placed side by side. The beds were very comfortable and looked like they were new. They were covered with a comforter. There was a large brown upholstered headboard. There were reading lamps beside the beds and small bedside tables to store your things. The predominant colors in the room were brown and tan. The wall behind the beds was covered with a tan-colored fabric with a diamond design. At the foot of the bed there was a long chest for storing things, and this was covered with a leather-like brown fabric. The beds rested on a large square carpet. The rest of the room had a wooden floor.

There were two closets with shelves, with adequate storage space. These closets were covered with curtains in a tan fabric. There was a writing desk covered with glass and with handy electrical outlets above it. The chair for the desk was made of wood and had a plaid fabric upholstery. Above the desk was an LG TV set. The room also had a small round table with a glass top and on each side of the table there was an upholstered yellow chair that was quite comfortable. There was a floor lamp beside this table to provide light.

The bathroom was quite dramatic because it was all white and had a walk-in rain shower. There was plenty of light in the bathroom. The sides of the bathroom were paved with ceramic tile that had a marble effect. However natural marble has many defects, while this ceramic tile had no defects at all. It was also whiter than natural marble. Beside the overhead rain shower, there was a hand held shower. Both were easy to use. I have been to many modern hotels that had showers that were very difficult to use and it took much time to learn how to use them. There was also an electronic scale on the floor of the bathroom so that you could see if you had gained weight!

The room had two luggage racks, where most hotels have only one. One of the racks was beside the door and the other one was in one of the closets. There was a minibar that was glass faced so that you could see what was in it, without opening the door. Above it was a small safe.

The breakfast buffet was adequate. There were scrambled eggs, small sausages that were very good, bacon, and ham. There were nice small pastries, a variety of bread, fruit cocktail, and different types of juice. There was also a salad with lettuce and cut tomato slices.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, always attentive. We asked them for 6 more coat hangers and smaller pillows, and we got them immediately. For me the attitude of the staff is very important. We felt at home with the staff at the desk. The concierge arranged for us to take a tour to Versailles, a tour in which they pick you up at the hotel in a minibus. When it was raining, the assistant to the concierge (a very friendly and charming young Polish man by the name of Pawel called us a taxi. At the breakfast buffet there was a young Chinese lady by the name of Lily who remembered exactly what type of coffee my wife wanted. We asked the desk every day to have the maid make up our room early and when we got back after lunch the room was made up.

The location of the hotel was very convenient. The Opera was about 3 blocks away, and beside it was one of the main metro stations. We were able to walk to the Galeries Lafayette and the Printemps Haussmann. We were able to walk to the Rue St. Honore and see the stores there. The Rue de Rivoli was also close and there were many stores there that were interesting. The Madeleine Church was walkable. There were some museums we walked to, which included the Musee d’Orsay, the Orangerie and the Musee des Arts Decoratifs. The Louvre was close by, but we did not go to this museum on this trip.

We will definitely return to this very good hotel in the near future. I think I have found my home in Paris!

I would like to mention that there is a good supermarket nearby, called the Monoprix (21 Avenue de l'Opéra). A restaurant about two blocks away that is good and reasonable priced is the Café Brasilia (36 bis, Avenue de l’Opera). An elegant Chinese restaurant nearby is the Passy Mandarin Palais Royal (6 Rue d’Antin). Boulangerie Paul is at 25 Avenue De L'Opera and has very good and inexpensive macaroons, as well as other yummy baked goods.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelEdouard7Paris, Head Manager Assistant at Hotel Edouard 7, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind and long comment with all these descriptions. All the team was very happy when we received your post.

By reading your lines, I can see that you spent a very good stay in Paris, and it seems that we have matched with your expectations.

Looking forward to welcome you back very soon.

Kindest regards.