There are a few major positives about the hotel, mostly it's location and the helpful staff. The location is really unbeatable. This section of Paris, however, also happens to be our favorite! It is quintessential Paris - with cafes, shops, history, museums, restaurants and gardens abound. Some of the best... The Church of St Sulpice is right across the street with it's beautiful organs, St Germain des Pres is a 10 minute walk, St Sulpice and Mabillon Metros are a few minutes walk, the Luxembourg Gardens are at the end of the street, a treasure trove of great and affordable shopping on Rue du Four/ Rue de Buci, Rue Bonaparte and all of the surrounding small streets, great restaurants like our top favorite - Da Pietro for amazing Italian food.
However, I'm so sad to say that our experience at the hotel was really ruined by getting very, very sick and we think it's from the mold in the hotel. We were married in Paris this fall and other guests stayed at the hotel who also had allergies and colds from the mold. We are really healthy people who rarely get sick, so we knew something was up at the hotel. As soon as we walked in each night, my sinuses and breathing got very tight. As soon as we would leave, we felt much, much better. By the 2nd day, I had a full sinus infection. I can't say anything bad about the staff not accommodating us because we never brought it to their attention since we were so busy. We even had to postpone our honeymoon! We checked out as planned but stayed another few nights to recover in an apartment that other guests had rented for the week. So, if you are the least bit sensitive to this sort of thing (which I don't think I've ever experienced a reaction like this!), I wouldn't recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wonderful hotel of the 18th century situated in a beautiful environment; the St Germain with its terraces, its art galleries but also fashion boutiques (Dior, Yves St Laurent, Vuitton, Armani ...) all easily accessible on foot from the hotel. Le Relais Saint Sulpice, whose facade is listed as an historic monument, has a magnificent view of the back of the remarkable church of Saint Sulpice: Baroque architecture, paintings by Delacroix on the inside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Relais Saint Sulpice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Saint Sulpice Hotel
- Relais Saint Sulpice Paris