I am appalled that this hotel calls itself 4 star. We were in need of a hotel in Paris for one night due to a change of plans caused by the train strike. After a frustrating day we arrived at the hotel to what can only be called an indifferent reception. Taking the elevator to our room should have been a warning. It reeked of a foul smell from what I think was a leak from garbage. Our room was right next to the elevator with a hole in the wall near the door. The room itself was totally run down and extremely shabby. Mildew in the bathroom. A towel rack held together with duct tape. The room description described it as heated. What a joke. The hair drier was a hose blowing not much of anything. To be fair they did send up a hair drier when I requested one. The wallpaper was peeling pretty much at every seam. We paid top room rate for this. I feel we were given a substandard room. Under the circumstances we were desperate and I believe it was the only room available in the hotel. But charging us the full rate was disgusting. I did complain and was offered a free breakfast which I don't eat. When I checked the room rate online the higher rate was if you wanted flexibility with any changes. Considering that we booked it that day and were only staying one night we should have paid the lower advertised rate that was 45 euros less than what we paid. We were told by the way that there was a problem with the credit card system when we checked in so we paid in cash. What was that about? I feel totally raked advantage of. Other than a great location there is nothing 4 star about this hotel. We are staying at 2 other 4 star hotels during our stay both of which are true to the rating and are paying less!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wonderful hotel of the 18th century situated in a beautiful environment; the St Germain with its terraces, its art galleries but also fashion boutiques (Dior, Yves St Laurent, Vuitton, Armani ...) all easily accessible on foot from the hotel. Le Relais Saint Sulpice, whose facade is listed as an historic monument, has a magnificent view of the back of the remarkable church of Saint Sulpice: Baroque architecture, paintings by Delacroix on the inside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Relais Saint Sulpice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Saint Sulpice Hotel
- Relais Saint Sulpice Paris