“Negatives slightly outbalanced positives”

Pullman Paris Montparnasse
Ranked #513 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 July 2014

If I try to look back in time and fairly rate our two night family stay in Pullman Paris Montparnasse hotel I would still insist that however the negatives slightly outbalanced the positives.
Among the pros certainly belongs the location of the hotel – in the heart of Montparnasse, right next to Gare (train station) Montparnasse and subway station. I would surely accentuate the quality of beds and sleeping globally (with absolute perfect shape and thickness of pillow), perhaps the best within our entire recent holiday stay in France. The room was also clean and tranquil. Internet connection was also good.
Regarding the breakfast (included in the room price), the American style of breakfast was served. Unfortunately we missed more traditional French products (for instance I have found just three different sorts of cheeses, not all were French). But on the other hand I absolutely understand that for hotel of such size like a Pullman Paris Montparnasse is this style of breakfast and selection of food is the right and most convenient choice.
We decided to book the room in this hotel just from one reason. The room we have booked via known booking web page should be the room with panoramatic view over the Paris from Montparnasse. Unfortunately despite the official e-mail confirmation nobody from hotel staff have not informed us prior to the arrival that such a room is not available. We learned that just during the check in and had been offered by other room, not with a desired view but upgraded. We have been disenchanted but decided to accept that as my wife and children have been tired after the transport from Lorraine region. Whether the room was really upgraded and in higher standard I could not estimate as I had no possibility to see the former room.
Hotel restaurant seems to be overpriced, especially if I compare food that is being served and attitude of waiters with prices of the meal those are being served. The food as itself is not bad, rather good but prices for such an arranged food are effusive in my point of view. And price of the half liter Belgian beer 13,30 EUR is really out of scope (especially if the same beer in hotel's bar cost 9 EUR).
But the biggest negative of whole stay in this hotel was parking lot. As we have been informed in advance during booking procedure, hotel has no private parking place and customers can use subterranean public parking place, located right next to hotel with direct entrance by medium of lift to the lobby of hotel. But the fee for 24 hour parking is 34 EUR, for 48 hours 56 EUR etc., what we have found out just after our arrival. We have left the car in garage approximately 40 minutes after 48 hour period and we had to pay fee for another 24 hours, altogether cca 73 EUR. Therefore if you plan to park in this public parking place count that price per room and per night will be about 34 EUR higher.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ludo_Limbach
Patrick_Arnoult, Directeur général at Pullman Paris Montparnasse, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Ludo_Limbach,

First, I thank you very much for having chosen the Pullman Paris Montparnasse for your recent stay in Paris and for having taken the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor.
I have noted your positive annotations with a great interest and we thank you.
However, I am sorry to read about your dissatisfaction regarding our Food and Beverage service, as well as for the rates of the parking lot. Please, accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience incurred and be assured that your observations has been brought to the attention of our managersso as to improve the quality of our service.
Besides, the public parking, which does not depend on the hotel, will be notified of your remarks about their rates and about the absence of offer to the attention of our customers.
We hope to have the pleasure to be up to our reputation while a next stay with us.
Best regards,

Patrick Arnoult

Write a ReviewReviews (4,020)

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel has been refurbished recently, the room are nice and clean and all of them have good views of Paris.
The location is prime, in front of Montparnasse station, 4 tube lines, train, and shuttle bus to airport. The neighborhood also has Lafayette Galeries, Monoprix and lots of cafe and restaurants. Easy to go everywhere.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Meyhofer
Patrick_Arnoult, Directeur général at Pullman Paris Montparnasse, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Meyhofer,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about the Pullman Paris Montparnasse on Trip Advisor.
It is always a pleasure to read that we offered a "brilliant" customer experience.
We hope to welcome you back soon.
Best regards,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Great hotel, arrived late/early (1am) on Saturday morning and they kindly upgraded us as no more rooms available. The staff were cool and all in all this was a nice hotel with comfortable beds, great TV and really nice view. This, I believe, was the Double Classic Room. For the price it was good value for money. There is also a great Air France Airport shuttle over the road, which all saves on the transport to and from Airport (32 Euro Return).

Room Tip: Whatever website you decide to book through, refer to booking.com before you pay. Even if you don...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear BojanglesMacDaddy,
Thank you for sharing your experience in our hotel on TripAdvisor.
It is always a pleasure to read that our guests enjoy our stay with us, the quality of our team members and our location.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon at the Pullman Paris Montparnasse.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is ok and location is convenient. Breakfast is good w variety of choice. But the concierge is v unhelpful and is rude. We ask them where we can get a SIM card for iphone 5
and he told us to do to DARTY nearby in a rude manner. We went to DARTY and find out they dont have any SIM card.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Mimi L,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor.
I am sorry that the customer experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
Be sure, we pay all our attention to the comfort and well-being of our clients, so we have put the necessary checks in place to ensure the situation you encountered does not recur.
I sincerely wish to have the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with a totally Pullman experience.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I think it provided all that is needed during a trip to a new place,
Safe comfortable,Central, close to Eiffel, easy access (Buses ply from Airport reaching this Hotel and ending here), Good Brreakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear drsamgeorge,
What an honor to be described as "excellent"!!
We are pleased that the Pullman Paris Montparnasse has meet your needs during your Parisian stay.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed in Montparnasse Pullman hotel for a total of 4 nights.
Book a room for a single occupant-myself, but was given a twin bedded room.
Went to the reception to request for room with a single queen bed but was told that all rooms were booked, though I highly doubt so since my friend whom I booked together got a room with a queen bed when he checked in a little later. The reception also mentioned that a single queen bed is usually reserved for couples... well ... too tired to argue... reception also said want a queen bed room come down tomorrow and check... no customer service... well...i need to sleep.

Buffer breakfast - scrambled eggs, bacon and ham, felt like I am in the US, when I am in Paris...
The bed was fine.
The housekeeping was okay as well.
The hotel block is pretty tall, believe if my room was high floor and facing the effiel tower direction, the view would be good. Mine though high floored faced the cemetery .... gloomy.
The hotel room was generally fine, though "recently renovated",
the room did not have the newly renovated feeling,
renovation was just on some areas of the room and looks like needs basis.
In summary, the hotel is not located centrally, you can probably get a hotel nearer to the centre at the same rate.

Room Tip: Request for high floor room facing Effiel Tower for good view. Prior to booking, tell the hotel exp...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank leeyslee

Dear leeyslee,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Paris Montparnasse. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We used the Metro exclusively for moving around the city and this hotel was excellently placed next to a large station with many connecting lines. There are also several good places to eat nearby and the information desk is quick with a suggestion and a map of how to walk to it. Be careful moving things around in the mini fridge tho. We moved some things around to fit in a wine bottle and they tried to charge us for consuming them. Once we explained they were happy to reverse the charges.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor of rooms which in the USA would be called the 5th floor and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear mdw50,
I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience.
Your satisfaction is exactly what we are searching for, therefore your compliments are a great reward for us.
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.