4,032 results
All reviewslarge hotelriver cruisetrain stationbusy hoteleiffel towerbreakfast buffetmini barconvenient locationcroissantsmontparnassefloorconciergegaiteconferenceeurosaccorsupermarket
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed as a family of 4 in one room in July.The rooms were clean and had great views of Paris.
They did have some renovations going on when we stayed which had a little bit of noise on the 19 floor.You cant keep a hotel up to speed with out renovations and it wasn't over the top.
(I dont think any have views of the Eiffel as it faces the wrong directions). The beds were very comfortable and we had free wifi in the rooms.They also had about 6 computers in the lobby as well for free use.We received a free cocktail for 2 as I am an Accor card holder which was a nice touch.The regional and subway stations are located about 5 min walk.The Air france bus service which any body can use leaves from accross the road which is handy to the airport at about $16 euros one way direct( 1 hr 15 mins) .It is about 4-6 stops on the train to the centre of Paris and takes about 15 mins or a 45 in walk.There is lots of restaurants and super markets located close by and most restaurants have happy hours at about 1700-2100 for large Beer and cocktails at about $6 euro each.
Only issue was the mini bar stops you from placing your own stuff in there and charges you if anything is moved as it has a sensor on it.This was rectified on our bill but is annoying.They do offer an Ice machine on each floor.
All staff were friendly and spoke great English.I would recommend this hotel and would look to stay there next time.

Room Tip: Go high for views and ask about what floors renovations might be on to avoid in next few months.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Patrick_Arnoult, Directeur général at Pullman Paris Montparnasse, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear NoodlesNilsson,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Pullman Paris Montparnasse on TripAdvisor.
It is always a pleasure to read that our guests enjoy their stay with us, the quality of our teams members and our location.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon in our establishment.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

4 star hotel which is overpriced considering the experience. We stayed in a old room where we had problems with the bathroom, which made it impossible to have a decent shower without running the risk of burning yourself. I will have to say that the relation manager has solved this well by upgrading us to a luxury suite.

The breakfast was lousy. Pullman should definetely get their act together on this. 25% of the food was missing and it took way to long with resupplying. This was my worst breakfast in a hotel with dirty glasses and chaotic crew. Last but least the quality of the food is mediocre. All combined certainly not a 4 star experience but more 3 and a half considering the upgrade which was great.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear JuliusCare,

Firstly, thank you for having taken the time to post your remarks about our establishment.
We are sincerely sorry to read about your dissatisfaction. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience incurred and be assured that our managers will take the necessary actions so as to improve the quality of our service.
I sincerely wish to have the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with a totally Pullman experience.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Arrival and check in was fantastic but the rest of the stay went downhill from there.This is not the best place for tourists attractions to Paris as there are better places to stay (Latin Quarter area) for one.Housekeeping needs to be addressed as I needed to clean around the Hairdryer and on the wall /red deposits on and around the vanity mirror./ don't know what this was..nor do I wish too.Toilet brush was broken in two and only replaced upon notification.Our room had great views but the housekeeping has a lot to answer for.One of our two bedside lamps/lights had electrical problems with the on/off switch/static - voltage issues.I only turned it on/off via the card inserted at the door as I was not willing to turn it on/off any other way.The disposable plastic Coffee cups all of 2 could have been replaced (which they were not) after the first day without the need to purchase Cups/Spoons after from the local Supermarket.Not the best of stays mainly due to poor Housekeeping but Reception/front house were however excellent..

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank darren524

Dear darren524,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Pullman Paris Montparnasse on TripAdvisor.
I am sorry that the hotel did not provide you the outstanding experience you were expecting.
Be sure, we pay all our attention to the comfort and well-being of our clients, so immediate actions have been taken to remind our teams of the quality of service that a hotel of its category must offer to its guests, as well as the Pullman values ​​that must be effectively implemented.
Best regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Out of all the hotels I have stayed in in Paris the Pullman Paris Montparnasse is probably the best. Somehow it still managed to be disappointing.

Pros: Clean and spacious room. Good bed. Location near railway and metro station. However I found the location to be too far for walking to main tourist destinations.

Cons: Breakfast was chaos. Food items finished every day, tableware finished every day, you had to ask for tee and coffee several times before you got it and sometimes it was cold and they brought the tee of their choice. Not once there was a spoon on the table or anywhere else, you always had to ask for it. No green stuff available (salad, cucumber, tomatoes).
No complaints about the cleaning but they didn't fill up the minibar at all. There was supposed to be complimentary water (2 bottles a day) and we counted on that but they didn't bring new bottles even when called to reception and asked. There were disposable cups for coffee in the room but they never brought new ones. They changed the bath towels but not the smaller towels that were soaked.

All in all hotel is good, rooms are good, but the service could be better.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Gummerrus,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience among us. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At the Pullman Paris Montparnasse, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problems regarding the Breakfast service and the Minibar, and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

If I try to look back in time and fairly rate our two night family stay in Pullman Paris Montparnasse hotel I would still insist that however the negatives slightly outbalanced the positives.
Among the pros certainly belongs the location of the hotel – in the heart of Montparnasse, right next to Gare (train station) Montparnasse and subway station. I would surely accentuate the quality of beds and sleeping globally (with absolute perfect shape and thickness of pillow), perhaps the best within our entire recent holiday stay in France. The room was also clean and tranquil. Internet connection was also good.
Regarding the breakfast (included in the room price), the American style of breakfast was served. Unfortunately we missed more traditional French products (for instance I have found just three different sorts of cheeses, not all were French). But on the other hand I absolutely understand that for hotel of such size like a Pullman Paris Montparnasse is this style of breakfast and selection of food is the right and most convenient choice.
We decided to book the room in this hotel just from one reason. The room we have booked via known booking web page should be the room with panoramatic view over the Paris from Montparnasse. Unfortunately despite the official e-mail confirmation nobody from hotel staff have not informed us prior to the arrival that such a room is not available. We learned that just during the check in and had been offered by other room, not with a desired view but upgraded. We have been disenchanted but decided to accept that as my wife and children have been tired after the transport from Lorraine region. Whether the room was really upgraded and in higher standard I could not estimate as I had no possibility to see the former room.
Hotel restaurant seems to be overpriced, especially if I compare food that is being served and attitude of waiters with prices of the meal those are being served. The food as itself is not bad, rather good but prices for such an arranged food are effusive in my point of view. And price of the half liter Belgian beer 13,30 EUR is really out of scope (especially if the same beer in hotel's bar cost 9 EUR).
But the biggest negative of whole stay in this hotel was parking lot. As we have been informed in advance during booking procedure, hotel has no private parking place and customers can use subterranean public parking place, located right next to hotel with direct entrance by medium of lift to the lobby of hotel. But the fee for 24 hour parking is 34 EUR, for 48 hours 56 EUR etc., what we have found out just after our arrival. We have left the car in garage approximately 40 minutes after 48 hour period and we had to pay fee for another 24 hours, altogether cca 73 EUR. Therefore if you plan to park in this public parking place count that price per room and per night will be about 34 EUR higher.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ludo_Limbach

Dear Ludo_Limbach,

First, I thank you very much for having chosen the Pullman Paris Montparnasse for your recent stay in Paris and for having taken the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor.
I have noted your positive annotations with a great interest and we thank you.
However, I am sorry to read about your dissatisfaction regarding our Food and Beverage service, as well as for the rates of the parking lot. Please, accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience incurred and be assured that your observations has been brought to the attention of our managersso as to improve the quality of our service.
Besides, the public parking, which does not depend on the hotel, will be notified of your remarks about their rates and about the absence of offer to the attention of our customers.
We hope to have the pleasure to be up to our reputation while a next stay with us.
Best regards,