4,030 results
All reviews large hotel river cruise train station eiffel tower breakfast buffet montparnasse floor concierge conference euros supermarket minibar neighborhood
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for just less than a week. It has the potential to be a fabulous hotel, even if it is overpriced.

The rooms are reasonably well appointed. However you are only supplied with paper cups for your coffee, which is the first time I have struck this in a 5 star hotel. There are some very cheap tumblers to drink your champagne, if you can afford it from the minibar fridge, which has a sensor on it to notify the front desk as to how many times you open it.

The food in the dining room is really good, apart from being cold. The chairs and tables are jammed in very close to each other. The toaster is on one side of the room while the butter and jam are on the other side and the plate are elsewhere.

The outlook from the first floor dining room is through a flash architectural feature entrance portico which has not been cleaned since the building was constructed, although the interior of the hotel is spotless.

We have stayed at a number of Pullman hotels around the world, but this was the most disappointing of all. This was made all the worse as we are Gold Accor Partner members.

Cheers

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Patrick_Arnoult, Directeur général at Pullman Paris Montparnasse, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Noel A,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Pullman Paris Montparnasse.
I am sorry to read that the hotel did not provide you an outstanding experience.
Please be assured that we took notes of your remarks related to our breakfast service, and the in room tea & coffee facilities.
We really hope you would give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future and to offer you the memorable experience you were expected.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 9 August 2014

It just felt very generic and lacked character. But the bed was massive and the bathroom was very spacious and had good freebies like vanity kits, slippers, shower caps, ect.
The area however is surrounded with adult shops, and brothels , which was disgusting.
Also the mini fridge was a rip off . For a small can of diet coke it was 8 euros!

Room tip: We booked a room with the biggest bed possible , because I sleep diagonally. And the bed was massive.
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Patrick_Arnoult, Directeur général at Pullman Paris Montparnasse, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear tasha a,

Thank you for having taken the time to tell us about your stay at the Pullman Paris Montparnasse.
I am sorry that the hotel did not provide you the outstanding experience you were looking for, and that our location was not up to your expecations.
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I think I've been a bit spoiled by where we stayed in Paris on prior visits; we were always located right next to the Eiffel Tower, which was fantastic for us. This time, we stayed in this Pullman Montparnasse hotel, but I have to say that although I loved the hotel, I didn't particularly love the location of the hotel, and wouldn't stay there again for that reason only.

The hotel itself was really great (for us); the rooms were clean, and I had the most comfortable sleep there I had for our entire 2 week trip. The room was extremely quiet. We were on the 18th floor and had a nice view looking out toward Sacre Coeur. I loved the breakfast buffet - fresh croissants of all types, awesome coffee, great service. It was a little chaotic as they do cater to tour groups, but they seemed to handle all the busy-ness with ease. I never had to wait for anything while I was there. We had a super early morning flight out, and we only had about 15 minutes to eat breakfast, so we were waiting when the breakfast doors opened right at 6:30, along with about 30 other people dragging their suitcases. They herded us all in immediately, put our luggage aside for us, and we were able to eat right away and had no issues catching our ride when we needed to. Hotel reception was very friendly, and the concierge was very helpful in helping us get out to Versailles for the day. We also spent a nice evening in the lounge area, watching the World Cup games on the gigantic TV screen while we had a cocktail.

My main issue just came with the location - I didn't care for the Montparnasse area very much, and so we either had to walk quite far (a mile or more) to get to the sites, or else take the Metro. There were two fairly convenient metro stations nearby, which helped somewhat, but as I said, I think I was just a bit spoiled having stayed right by the Eiffel Tower before. I much preferred that area - any walking that needed to be done was along the Seine River, as opposed to here, where all walking was just down normal suburb-type streets and housing. The one benefit of being in a more rural area is there were more "normal" type things nearby - a grocery and pharmacy are right around the corner, which was helpful. It was definitely less touristy and so probably had more authentic Parisian restaurant options, which some folks might enjoy.

If we could pick up this Pullman hotel and put it nearer to the Eiffel Tower or Notre Dame it would be fantastic and would become my most favorite hotel ever, but as it is, we'd probably choose a different location for us next time. Just a personal preference thing I think.

Room tip: Not sure if you can get rooms facing the Eiffel Tower, but if so, the view would be stunning.
Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear female_wanderer,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Pullman Paris Montparnasse on TripAdvisor.
We are very pleased that our establishment has meet your needs during your Parisian stay, even though you have not appreciate our location.
Thus, we hope nonetheless to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.
Best regards,

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Pullmanhotels.com