Hotel de la Tremoille
US$1,166
US$1,132
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsavenue montaignegeorge veiffel towerright bankdeluxe roomrooms are spaciousconcierge deskhotel barthe hotel staffexcellent locationcontinental breakfastbeautiful hotelaround the cornerboutique hotelstayed here for nightscentral pariscroissants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Have just finished a four night stay at the hotel with my wife and two children. Great location, and I do not intend to use this review to comment on the state of the rooms, which I will give the benefit of the doubt with the property itself being old.

However, as a traveller having stayed in five star hotels upward of 50 times a year for the last 15 years, I would have to say I found the guest facing service to be consistently among the least friendly of all hotels I have visited, whether in Europe, Asia, Australia or the Americas. Service with a smile often overcomes the shortcomings of a hotel, but at no stage did I come away from the front desk, or the concierge feeling like a welcome guest.

Unfortunately, this is not a property that I would recommend to others, despite its fantastic location.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank richpeta
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Just returned from 14 days in Paris & Normandy with my family of 4. We stayed at Tremoille for it was one of the few hotels that actually offered "connecting" rooms. We loved the hotel.. it is in the 8th Arr so basically close to every tourist attraction possible..The staff spoke english(if that is an issue) and were very friendly & helpful. The rooms were "Big" for Paris, clean, bed was soo comfortable, all windows opened with little balconies overlooking the street. So many restaurants, cafe's, & 2 groceries store within 5 min of hotel...Would stay here again for sure!!!

Room Tip: give it a chance
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Stayed here for three nights this month and really have nothing negative to say. Except that at the price we paid (even though it was a corporate rate and bang in the middle of the Paris air Show week so every hotel was over-priced) I think the hotel should have thrown in breakfast.

The hotel is located just off ave George V, behind the Champs Elysee and that makes it a great hotel. It's also close to excellent restaurants - 2 mins from l'Entrecote and Chez Andrez on Rue Marbeuf- and those are great dining options. The food menu in the hotel is limited and a little expensive. There are plenty of dining options around the hotel. You can also walk down to Pret a Manger (also on Rue Marbeuf) if you're looking for quick fix breakfast. Not very French, but affordable and dependable quality.

Our room - one higher than the Standard category, was quite large by French standards. They also put in an extra (small) bed in advance, for our daughter as promised. The bathroom shower had some problem which they fixed the next day. Not in the evening - guess even admin/support staff in 5 star hotels in France don't work post 6pm! But there was free wifi. Which I guess is becoming standard in the West but not so in Asia, at least in some of the leading hotel chains.

We didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment on the food. In fact we spent most of our time out of our room as one should in Paris. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom had Molten Brown amenities - and five options of Bath/body gels to choose from in the bath/shower area. Not one, but five.

Though a premium property, I think I would definitely stay here again just because of it's location and comfort level. And pretty friendly staff. Always smiling. Which is a good sign.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank vman63
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Hotel de la Tremoille is just what you would expect from its website and the ratings here. its a great gem of a hotel, on a quiet street, intimate, very stylish yet quite comfortable. Our room had a terrific little balcony which we used to just look down at the street and see Paris go by. The bathroom was fine, nice fixtures, great product and very high water pressure in the shower. The Concierge was very helpful, they made several restaurant reservations weeks before our arrival, and provided numerous suggestions during our stay.

Only slightly negative item I will note is the size of the hotel room. The hotel's website says the standard rooms are approx 31 sq meters/341 sq feet. While I didn't have a tape measure, the room felt on the small side of 341 sq feet.

But that's a minor quip. Overall a great stay and I would highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

The mark of the best hotels is the service provided. From the warm and friendly check in ....to the helpfulness of the concierge staff, our stay was excellent. Good buffet breakfast as well. Great location and pleasant room make this a great choice in Paris.

• Stayed: June 2013