Our family of 4 stayed here for about one week, in Room 203, and had a very pleasant stay. I would agree with most of the comments in recent reviews, although not to the same extremes (positive or negative). Here's my quick take:
- Great location. You are a short walk to the Censier-Daubenton Metro stop, and can get to everything. Luxembourg Gardens is also a fairly short walk, and so is a botanic garden. (Caution: Listen carefully to the manager, Isabel, when she tells you about station closures on the key Metro lines. There are a few that are a complete pain right now!!)
- Close to food, too. We ate breakfast at the dining table in our room every day, having stocked our kitchen the night before with goodies (bread, yogurt, juice, cereal, coffee) from the many boulangeries and markets along the Rue Moufftard, just a few blocks away. (We also brought in a few dinners...after a long day of touring, gourmet cheese and sliced meats on fresh bread with a bottle of wine tasted pretty good!) Kitchen has a good coffee maker, toaster, microwave, ample fridge, and enough dishes for 4.
- Freshly painted rooms. We got used to the pink! Some rooms are blue.
- New, comfortable (although very typically "Euro-firm") beds.
- Good sized apartment; we never felt we were right on top of each other.
- Great staff, very friendly and helpful in resolving issues/questions.
CON's, as reported by others...
- Typically "Euro-tiny" bathroom, with high step-up into the tub/shower that would be problematic for older or unsteady folks
- Funky dishwasher, brand new but sort of toy-like; the IKEA plates are too big for the bottom rack, so the spin-arm gets blocked!! I would have rather had the clothes-washer that this machine apparently replaced, because we were forced to use the laundromat to wash clothes (only 1 block away, but ridiculously high-priced)
- New, yet always dirty-looking, bathroom and kitchen floor material. It's textured vinyl, and the texture seems to require more effort to clean than the housekeeping staff is willing to expend
- Somewhat lax housekeeping. The floors never seemed completely swept or vacuumed. The sofa-bed in the living room was folded open when we arrived, and when we folded it up so we could sit down, we found dust and dirt on the floor in front.
- Balcony door does not lock (although you'd have to be a good cat-burglar to climb up to the 2nd floor balcony.
The biggest problem we had was that the hotel's illuminated sign is mounted directly next to the bedroom window in 203 and light up our room at night. The staff took a while how to figure out how to defeat the timer and keep it turned off for us, causing me to visit the lobby in my PJ's a few times! But Isabel's team did try hard to keep us happy.
On the balance, we'd come back here because the location, the space, the conveniences and the overall value were great -- and so were the people. We'd just bring a few housekeeping supplies and be prepared to pitch in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Villa Daubenton is an Apart Hotel in Paris center. Ideally located in the Latin neighbourhood, near the Pantheon and the Cathedral of Notre-Dame, two steps from the rue Mouffetard in the 5th arrondissement. The apart Hotel Villa Daubenton has 17 spacious studios and apartments that can welcome between 1 and 6 people, and offers unique comfort and services. Our apartments are perfect for families. Feel like at home ! As a hotel member of the HappyCulture Collection, enjoy of a free access to Netflix and popcorns in all apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Villa Daubenton by HappyCulture reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Villa Daubenton Hotel Paris
- Residence Hotel Daubenton
- Residence Hotel Paris
- Villa Daubenton