“Overall Nice”

Ranked #191 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Overall Nice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

The hotel O has a unique design, no doubt about it. Be ready for a small room, this is Paris, and in a prime location. During our stay the airconditioning was not working properly and there is reconstruction across the street so it was noisy during the day, they do work stop at 18:00. Breakfast was very nice.

Room Tip: Select a back room (to the yard)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We spend there just one night but we are in Paris often. The rooms were very funny-design, quite big ( for Paris) . Stuff ok, breakfast was good ( even more for a french breakfast). I would come back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel based on location, price and TA reviews. It was a Eurostar deal and I really couldn't have chosen better.

The location in particular is perfect, especially if you are only stopping over at Paris for a night or two and wish to save as much time and effort as possible in terms of getting to and from the hotel. Hotel O is around five minutes from the metro, or if you feel like taking a stroll and enjoying the Parisian sights, many of the attractions are not very far at all. It also took less than twenty minutes to get to Gare du Nord for my train back to St Pancras.

Although my short stay meant I only met the one staff who helped me check in and out, I only have the best things to say about the staff at this hotel. The lady in question was extremely pleasant and helpful, and even though I had turned up more than three hours before check in time (all I hoped to do was leave my bag at the hotel then check in later), she went straight up to my room to see if it was ready (she said she would check if it was clean - it was beyond immaculate) and checked me in straight away. Then personally brought me a cold bottle of water as one hadn't been placed in the room.
I was given a wifi access code before I could ask, and was told that next time I could indicate my preferred room colour when booking.

I was given the dark pink cocoon room which was spotlessly clean, modern and comfortable. As with most Parisian hotels, the room was not big but due to the simple design it felt relatively spacious. The bathroom was magical in that there was not a single water mark or stain despite everything being white. The room has numerous lighting options and a flat screen TV and iPod dock, although I could not use the dock as it had a ten point pin. The bed was comfortable and large.

(For those who are travelling with friends or feel uncomfortable with a see-through shower room, the cocoon room I stayed in had a normal shower room/toilet separated from the room by a sliding door.)

I felt completely safe on my way back to the hotel just past midnight (by metro - les halles) - and slept extremely well. I was tired but I also think it was very quiet. The curtains successfully kept the light out in the morning.

Overall, Hotel O is a great place which I would recommend to all but especially to those planning a short stay in Paris. I will be returning for sure and hopefully for a longer stay next time.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Fantastic people, great location. We stayed in the smallest cocoon room, and it was just fine, everything you need. The "rain" shower is particularly good, Bed was comfortable and they provided more types of pillows on request. The breakfast is well worth the 16 euros. We would definitely stay again.
Small warning on the taxi- staff kindly ordered a taxi for us. Taxi charged from moment he was waiting, it cost 15 euro before we got in! We suggest just ask staff to call you a taxi when you are ready to go.
Can't say enough good things about the staff - always friendly, welcoming and helpful.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed at hotel O Paris twice in the last month. 6 nights total. The staff were very friendly and spoke English very well. They were helpful in advising best places to go and transport potions.
Nothing was too much bothere. Extremely willing to help and loved listening to our experiences on our return.
The room was not large but modern, clean and quiet.
Would recommend this place. Near the Louvre and great location to access sight seeing.

Room Tip: Stayed in 2 different rooms s Both good
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Paris
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

In the guide I bought about Paris it said, that Les Halles "is the black spot of Paris" but because the guide was written 2 years ago I definitely can't share this opinion! Felt safe all the time.
The hotel is in a perfect location for almost everything: eating, sightseeing, shopping and very easy to reach from the airport by direct train. The hotel was very clean and quiet. I will go there again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

My husband and I have just spent 4 nights in this hotel and booked it based on the excellent location and excellent trip advisor reviews. We were more than happy with what we found......the hotel is just a 5 min walk from the louvre and there are numerous restaurants and bars nearby. The staff were so friendly and although the hotel itself and rooms are small, it had everything we needed and was fantastic for a 3 star hotel. We stayed in a cocoon room which had a window opening out onto an internal courtyard and the most comfortable bed which definitely felt no smaller than a kingsize. The room and bathroom were immaculate and cleaned to this high standard every day, we stay mostly 5 star and I've never stayed anywhere this clean! The shower had a huge rainfall shower head and was fantastic, no bath but who has time when there's that much to do in Paris! Flat screen tv on the wall, fluffy towels, nice toiletries, a fresh bottle of water every day and room for a big suitcase under the bed. Room service is available 24/7 and the bar downstairs is cozy, does lovely cocktails and has a lovely atmosphere. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and received free cocktails at the bar to celebrate, which was a lovely touch. This hotel is so unique, well ran and in a great little spot, I can't recommend it enough. When we were leaving, the hotel also organised us a discounted taxi to the airport (57 euros).

When we arrived at the airport we were quoted 90 euros for a taxi so we got the metro. It was actually really simply and only approx 25 euros for both of us. Just follow signs for trains, find a ticket machine and request discounted single to paris. The entrance to the metro is just next to the ticket machines, down some stairs and we just checked with a person on the metro that it was going into central paris, which it was. We didn't have to change trains and it took approx 30 mins. You have to get off at chalet les halles (or something like that) and its a 10 min walk to the hotel from there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple