“Very Nice place (Word of Caution though: a child counts in the total person count)”
Review of Brittany Hotel

Brittany Hotel
Ranked #864 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We ended up with a very nice suite after learning that in Paris your 5 year old counts the same (in the total person count) as an adult. Since we booked only 2 adults, we had a problem. We were "forbidden" to check into the standard room we booked. We ended up paying an ADDITIONAL 100€ per night (on top of what we had already paid Hotwire) just so that we could stay together as a family. We had of course not budgeted that, so that extra expense made things difficult. The room (suite actually) was one of the better rooms we've ever had in Paris. The view included a peek of Sacre Cour. It was clean and had a hair dryer (important to us ladies). The suite had a bed area as well as a separate couch (that folded out to a bed) and TV area. It was like two separate areas connected in the middle. The toilet was on one end of the room and the shower was near the bed area. There were 3 separate windows that opened up to the outside.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mizzdiane
BrittanyParis, Propriétaire at Brittany Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dera Client,
I would precise the rule about the occupancy in rooms in France.
The size of the room (without the bathroom) determine how many person are allowed inside the room.
The size of the Standard room in hotel Brittany can accept only 2 people. The size of the bed is 140 cm large. The Police give us the authorization for the maximum of person inside each type of room and total inside the hotel (83 persons maximum).
The Standard room occupancy has been authorized for 2 by the Police.
We are able to propose Family room, or Junior Suite, the size is much bigger, and the price more than for a standard room. It is free of charge for children under 12 years old.

ThePolice is very strict on that point since hotel Paris Printemps Opéra (nearby us) burned in April 11th 2009 (25 persons died among them 11 children). All hotel managers are very focus and strict about the room occupancy.

Be sure, that all our strength is focus on your comfort. All team work hard everyday to make your stay the enjoyable it could be.

We we'll be very pleased to welcome you again in Hôtel Brittany next time you'll travel to Paris.

Yours sincerely,

There are newer reviews for Brittany Hotel

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Having stayed in this hotel for 4 nights on a trip to Paris with my partner, I can definitely recommend this as a decent, value for money hotel. The rooms were clean, the staff were particularly friendly, and the location was fantastic! It is within walking distance of the Sacre Coeur, Moulin Rouge and Gard du Nord, and there is a Metro station around the corner. There are also some lovely restaurants, bakeries and cafes within a 2 minute walk away from the hotel. Although the rooms were quite small and the hallways were interestingly decorated, you get exactly what you pay for here and we would visit again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ksh125
BrittanyParis, Propriétaire at Brittany Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Clients,
I thank you very for taking time to write a review about your stay in our hotel.
Our team will be very happy to see that you've appreciated the service, your room and the area which is very parisian.

Be sure, we'll very happy to see you again in our place.

Best regards
Michel Cadin

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We really enjoyed our stay. The room was great and comfortable. The staff was always helpful (I did not catch her name but the only woman we saw at the front was especially helpful). I did not care for how one gentleman tried to have us turn in our room key every time we left the hotel but other than that, the service was good.The only downside to the room itself was that it was too hot in the room but we had no other issues.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank catsai2386

Dear Client,
It is always a good feeling for us to see that you've appreciated the servcie and the comfort of the room.
The reason to turn back the key room at the receptio each time you left the hotel is security reason. You could loose it or it could be stolen. With this proceedure, you are sure that only you can use your key room.

The reason for heat is that some clients ask for more heat. Normaly, you could regular the heat inside the room. We have checked all the system, everything is in order.

We are at your disposal if you ever come back Paris.

Best regards

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel reception was unbelievable the room booked was not the one supplied. Loose wire hanging on wall outside room. Laundry bags left in hallways and straight across front of stairwell. Great for falling down stairs. Floor mats given for towels. Hotel manager was extremely rude. What a unbelievable service provider

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Palmerem

Dear Miss,

First of all, I thank you very much to take time to leave a review about your stay in our hotel.
You complained about the type of the room which wasn’t the one you've booked in January (Triple room with 3 single beds). Meanwhile, we’ve done renovation and changed our booking engine. This triple room described in this old booking engine (sofa bed, 2 single beds) did not exist anymore. Then we gave you a triple room with a double bed and a single bed.

An hour before your arrival, you’ve called the reception to inform us that you’ll be 4 persons instead of 3 as originally booked. When you’ve checked-in, you asked to Marion to put an large mattress instead of the single bed to be 4 in this room allowed only for 3, which has been done.

Marion (front desk receptionist) called me (I was not in Paris myself) to know how to do about the fourth person. When she explained me the situation, I told her to call the hotels around to find a single room for the fourth person. That, she has done. In a second time, I ask her to have the large mattress removed out of the triple room and replace the single bed because this room is allowed only for 3 not for 4.

The large mattress has not been removed. I asked her why. She assured me that you’ve asked her to keep the large mattress inside this room. Then, you and your 2 sons have stayed one night (Saturday) in this particular room with 2 large beds.

For Sunday and Monday, we gave you the Junior Suite which could accept 4 people. Your friend shared this room with you and your 2 sons without extra charge.

On Monday you were not happy about the Saturday night situation and asked me for compensation. That I gave, taken in consideration the trouble you felt for the first night.

I’ve been very firm about the legally occupation. I did show you the Police form with the occupancy allowed in each room of the hotel. ThePolice is very strict on that point since hotel Paris Opéra burned April 11th 2009 (25 persons died among them 11 children). All hotel managers are very focus and nervous about the room occupancy. That’s could be the reason you’ve felt me rude. I apologize for that.

About the loose on the wall, it was telephone wire which has been fixed. This was the last part of renovation to do.

About the laundry bag, we repeat every day to our chambermaid, do not leave the laundry bag in the corridor. You should leave the passage for the clients. Sometimes, during the day, the laundry bags are not properly putting away. We must improve on that subject.

I thank you again for your review, this give us the opportunity to improve the service of the hotel. I understood that you are not happy with me, I hope that feeling didn’t spoiled your stay in Paris.

With my best regards.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed here with my friends for a short weekend. The hotel is in walking distance of the Gare du Nord (10 minutes). The metro station is just around the corner. A lovely area and a lot of nice restaurants nearby. For an exclusive meal in a ** restaurant, just cross the street. The Sacre Coeur is also on walking distance as are the grand magasins, if you are interested in some serious shopping. A lovely museum to visit is Musee Jacquemart-Andre on the boulevard Haussmann 158 or Musee Marmotan Monet on 2, rue Louis Boilly.
The hotel staff is very nice.

Room Tip: Have a room on the inside, if you want a quiet room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Anthony V
BrittanyParis, Propriétaire at Brittany Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear client,
Many tanks for your veru nice review. We are very happy that you've spent a good time in Paris and more precisely in our neighborhood.
The description you gave is gorgeous and reflecting very well the area.
For next time, you could visit either Musée de la Vie Romantique (George Sand house) (10 mns walking). There is a winter garden where you can eat for lunch or having a tea in the afternoon.

Paris has lots of small places not very known but absolutly surprising.

All the team is absolutly involved to make the stay of our clients as comfortable as it could be.

We expect you visit sometime futher.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Good location for exploring Paris, and friendly hotel staff. The barman deserves a special mention - Stephane - he was brilliant, serving lovely cocktails with a smile!

Really comfy beds and pillows! Although road noise was a bit of an issue on the first night.

Our shower door did not close properly meaning you had to have a very quick shower to avoid flooding the bathroom. The main double doors did not close securely. There was only one socket in the room (one extra one in the corridor next to door into the room - no use when trying to straighten your hair etc) and no main room light, just bedroom side lamps.

Whilst decorating needs to take place, I do not feel it is neceassry to have every floor of the hotel started at the same time. There were ceiling panels missing down our corridor with wires exposed, and masking tape all over the doors, even on the room handles!

Shame these points let the hotel down as there are some really quirky, cool things about the place too - the bar area is nice, as is the breakfast room - both are decorated nicely.

Had a great time in Paris though, and wouldn't rule our returning for a budget stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank TomsMummy
BrittanyParis, Propriétaire at Brittany Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Client,
I thank you very much for taking time to leave a coment about your stay in our proprety.
You re the first to give a coment about Stephane our bartender. He will be very happy when I'll tell him this evening.
The door of the shower has been fixed.
Concerning the socket. It is a security choice. We had to removed some sockets, because there were used by client to use an iron inside the room which is absolutly forbiden. There is an hairdryer in the bathroom.
The lights choice in the room was a mistake. In fact, we follow architect advise, given more importance to the decoration setting than the effeciency. We try to manage it with powerfull electric bulb.
The works in the corridor will be finished at the end of april. The ceiling is done, the electricity will be finished today. The painters are preparing the wall and doors to do the final painting and at the end, the new carpet will be posed.
We had to do all floors in the mean time. It is easier to manage.

After all of that, we'll do the smoking room, in the bassement of the hotel.

It seems you've spent a good time in Paris. Which is very important. I'll hope you'll come back to see us again.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our first trip together to Paris. Being in the 1st Arrondisment was perfect for seeing tourist sites. The hotel is very close to the metro station making it easy to explore the entire city. Beautiful hotel and rooms, delicious breakfast, great service. We even loved that Depeche Mode was always playing in the lobby. Don't hesitate booking this hotel. We have since sent other family members there and they had a great experience as well.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tami75d

Dear client,
I thank you very much for your compliments and confidence. We are glad that you've enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
Thank you for the recommandation to your family who has been satisfied either.

Depeche Mode is a choice of our bartender who is a fan of 80's song. Which, I confess, could be annoying sometime.

Yours sincerely,