“Ideal location BUT!!!! ;(”

Floride Etoile Hotel
Ranked #632 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“Ideal location BUT!!!! ;(”
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Me and boyfriend decided to go to Paris for a relaxing 3 day trip. We booked at Floride-Etoile Hotel months before our trip. I booked a Double or Twin Room and specifically requested a double room. Upon arrival, the lady who was in the reception, greeted us less jovially than the Europeans before us. I told her my name and they had a difficult time looking for my reservation, thus I handed them the confirmation letter that I had received from Booking.Com, only then did they found our room number. When we came to our room, instead of a double bed, they gave us twin beds that were put side by side. I mean honestly, what's the point of putting your requests on the booking slip if your not going to honour the booking itself. In their website, the double room option was pictured as having twin beds put side by side but with a double bed mattress on top. Honestly!!! and when I made a complaint about it, they suddenly pretended not to understand english!! I mean what the crap!!! When we arrived, I specifically asked them , in French, if they could speak English. They're such a bunch of [--]!!! The rooms are quite small and the walls are thin. Because we can hear talking and the the television set blaring from across the hall! and I mean across the hall. Plus, the room next to us was smoking. We can smell the cigarette smoke, and it was coming from our bathroom, thus we have concluded that it was the one next to us.

Don't bother to book the rooms with free breakfast. Because for 13 or 16 euros it really was not worth it. It was just a selection of 1 or 2 cereals, a few pastries, and some fruit salad (that came from the can) . I would've preferred eating at the kiosks selling waffles, and crepes or the hotdog stands at the Trocadero for a lot cheaper. Plus there are a lot of restaurants and cafes around, you can have your pick.

For the pros:

Location is good. It's near 2 metro stations. You can get there via the Boissiere Metro station. It's also like a 10-20 minute walk to the Champs Elysees and Trocadero.

That's it.

Will I be staying here again?? hmmm... maybe not... There are a lot of budget hotels around for the same price. Maybe, if they change their staff, especially the snotty lady who greeted every other European national with a smile. And just because we are Asians, she cannot be bothered by us. Really, it was really downright insulting. Especially since, if not because of paying guests they would be out of a job. The least they can do is actually be accomodating!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
ELYS16, Responsable commercial at Floride Etoile Hotel, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We would like to inform our guest that each room category is available with double or twin beds upon request at the time of your booking. We feeel very sorry that we didn't meet your expectations and we will remind our staff to carefully note guests bedding preferences in order to avoid such desappointment.
We remind our dear guests that the hotel is a Smoke free Property and we apology for the inconvenience beyond our control. Finally we would like to say that we do care about each one of the guests whatever is his nationality.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights and couldn't have asked for a better hotel. It's about a 10-15 minute walk from Champ De Elysee and about a 20 minute walk from the Eiffel Tower. There are 2 metro stops in the area (one closer than the other, but both very popular lines). The staff were friendly and the concierge were extremely helpful. The room was clean, spacious, and the BATHROOM was straight out of a 5 star hotel! Free wi-fi in the room was the cherry on top.

I recommend visiting the food mart right next door to stock up on fruit, snacks, and sandwiches. This will save you time and money (and allow you to eat if you get back late -- restaurants and shops close pretty early in the area!)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed here for two nights for the Paris marathon. We didn't have breakfast as it seemed expensive but there are plenty of local cafes in the surrounding streets. The room was small, but clean and perfect for our needs. You can't beat the location, especially for the marathon it starts and finishes a 5 minute walk away! It's great for sight seeing too. The staff were unfailingly cheerful and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel for a short break in Paris.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Byron Bay, Australia
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Stayed here for four nights in January 2013 in a Classic room.
This is a nice three star hotel in the 16th arrondisement.

Pros :
- Location. Well located for easy access to the metro. Walking distance to the Arc de Triomphe, Trocadero and Eiffel Tower. On a side street that is quiet. Plenty of restaurants and cafes in the area.
- Room. Comfortable and clean. Small, but nothing unexpected in Paris. Still had room for my case and space to hang and store clothes. My room had no view to speak of, but from the fourth floor I had at least some sky and light in my window. Work desk and chair. Not luxurious, but still perfectly comfortable with good quality fittings. Not shabby or worn. Wouldn't recommend this size room for a couple, but good for a single.
- Wi-fi. Free, fast and reliable.
- Comfortable bed, good sleep. Quiet at night.
- Service. Staff were friendly. No five star style service here, but practical and helpful. 24 hour reception.
- Bathroom. Clean, decent size, good shower, nice towels.

Cons :
- None really.
This is a Paris three star hotel, well located, clean and comfortable. Nothing flash but a good reliable option and reasonable value for Paris.

Would stay here again. Well located, friendly service. Fair price for the location and quality.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Booked this hotel cheaply using last minute.com. The rooms are small and very basic, but clean and well maintained. The shower was tiny and the bathroom was a little tricky to move around in but the bed was comfortable and my boyfriend and I enjoyed a pleasant 3 night stay here.

The hotel staff were lovely, the offered to look after our bags whilst we explored Paris on the first day when we arrived to early and on the last day when we checked out. The location is th best thing about this hotel, your are 5 mins from the Arch de Triumph and style Eiffel Tower. There are loads of restaurants around and the metro is a couple of steps away. A perfect hotel for a city break as you can explore and get to know the city by being in the heart of it, but if you need to you can easily pop back for a quick nap or to drop off shopping bags.

Quick hint - don't go in December it's freezing! We spent more money than intended because we kept needing to go in coffee shops to warm up.... Brrrrr!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2013

I booked a night at this 3* hotel, new to me, because it is convenient for the Museum of Modern Art (it is also less than 10 minutes from the Arc de Triomphe, with 2 metro stations and bus routes close by). As other reviewers have found, it is being refurbished (on 4/5 February, 2nd to 4th floors front) but in a way which allows several rooms to be closed off without affecting guests. My wife and I had a newly finished room on the second floor, which has been decorated and fitted to a high standard. What is more, almost no paint smell! Comfortable bed (including decent pillows) and welcoming and helpful reception staff.
The hotel is in a quiet street off Avenue Kleber; our room was at the back, so very quiet. If the refurb continues to the present standard, the final result will be good.
Note that my visit was in February and cold weather: the hotel was comfortably warm but I don't know what the air-con is like (effectiveness or noise level), as we didn't need to use it. There are the usual partition walls - our fellow-guests appeared to be on business and were quiet.
Breakfast adequate but pricey for what it is (€16) but the breakfast area is on the ground floor, with windows, not down in the basement as is often the case. Certainly a place to return to when we need a hotel in this part of Paris.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Europhile-7
Carrickmacross, Ireland
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Ideal location . 5 mins walk from Eifell tower . Plenty of little restaurants nearby . Minimarket next door to keep costs down on food. Highly Recomended . As for rude Staff .We speak English in France so we expect it .

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple