Floride Etoile Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$206
US$224
US$202
Official Site
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Eiffel Seine(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$633
US$542
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsarc de triompheavenue klebereiffel towergreat locationside streetmetro stationten minute walkrecommend this hotelwithin walking distancesmaller sideeach eveningrooms are smallroom keythe hotel staffthe hotel is cleanlate at nighthotel is located
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Some of the staff are nice at reception, some are rude.
I'm not referring to the others in hotel as cleaners, etc , they were ok .

Excelent hotel position , bad breakfast(kind of normal, food was ok as quality) , although you pay more for position I had an extraordinary breakfast 1 year before at best western le jardin de cluny but I will give a TERRIBLE because how rude was at our leaving a man at the reception . He had a bad behavior as I saw with all strangers , all non-french.

We were checking out on 3 january in morning and we gave them the key and asked if it's ok.
His answer : Noo , it's not ok
Why ? because they had to reenter the agency card numbers again , as it was paid threw booking they had to charge at the end .
I mean, we knew this ... why would they be so Rudeeeeeeeeeee , really rude ?

Unfortunately I will not revisit this hotel because that man was so rude, I mean they should have a better treat for foreigners , he has laughed in our face by his behavior , I don't know , maybe they thought we wouldn't pay or something , although I visited many hotels and never happened this at check out.

I would give an average but in this period , like one of the most crazy period in year they did a renovation in the whole hotel, everywhere was smelling like paint or some formaldehyde smell (it was written about renovation on the booking site when we booked, didn't thought it would smell so awful )

Room Tip: Room 410 ok and good sleep , if it's not the smell from renovation Room 510 , too cold in winter , not good sleep as you have to start the heater and will buzz you
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrewfranc2014
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I am a bit embarrassed that I am only just getting around to reviewing this hotel, but I suppose it’s a matter of better late than never … I stayed at the Floride Etoile for one week during a conference in spring 2013, and the price and location were very good for my needs. The place felt like it had been recently refurbished and was very clean, and having a Carrefour next door made it easy to eat in cheaply.

The downsides …. The hotel could be noisy. Sounds travelled very well in the hallways, and it often sounded like my neighbours were going to enter the room. The room was also on the street, so earplugs were put to good use. As mentioned, it seemed that the room was renovated and while doing so the closet door was not adjusted properly, meaning it constantly slid open (either that or there was a poltergeist). The wifi was very spotty and could not really be relied on.

The other issues revolved around the bathroom. The shower seemed to have been designed by someone who had never actually taken a shower in their life. There was no shower curtain or barrier between the tub and the rest of the room, so despite all efforts to be careful, I still managed to soak half the bathroom each time I showered. This wasn’t helped by the position of the (not adjustable) shower head, which meant you had to almost straddle the bath taps in order to get wet. All that being said, water pressure and temperature were excellent.

The provided hair dryer was laughable in its attempts to dry my admittedly thick hair and I eventually just gave up. The bathroom also seemed to run dangerously low on toilet paper on several occasions, and I’m not sure why housekeeping was opposed to putting an extra roll or two in the room (I ended up nicking a few from a housekeeping cart one morning just to be on the safe side).

All this being said, the good value and location made this a decent stay, especially since I was at the conference or touring most of the time anyway.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher room to minimise street noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Pros:
The hotel was in a great location and in walking distance to the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Champ Elysse, and cafes.
Clean room and bathroom
Reasonably priced

Cons:
The room and the bathroom was a bit small and felt cramped.
The wi-fi was not working for me during my stay.
You have to leave the door key at the lobby every time you left the hotel, which I thought was weird.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 November 2013

This was an amazing hotel! Friendly staff and we loved our week there. We stayed there in november of 2011 for our honeymoon. Very clean and nice staff the hotel was quite and romantic. We were close to the eiffel tower next door to a store.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2013

we stayed there in august 2011.The room was small but enough for 2 people.The room was very clean.Housekeeping did a awesome job and kept the room clean everyday.We stayed there for 5 days.The hotel is walking distance to Arc de Triomphe and The Eiffel tower.Its is even very close to a Metro Station.Its a very good hotel for this price.Indeed a best value hotel.Front desk manager is friendly too.We had a wonderful time in Paris.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple