“Fantastic - Can't wait to come back..”

Hotel Madeleine Plaza
Ranked #351 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Liverpool, Merseyside
“Fantastic - Can't wait to come back..”
Reviewed 25 May 2011

Chose this hotel after reading about it on tripadvisor. We knew the location as we had stayed nearby twice before, but this time was for a special occasion with my husband and my parents for mums 70th birthday. We paid for the superior rooms and I emailed ahead to request at least one room with a balcony for my mum and we were told that the balcony rooms were smoking rooms, but that they would do their best. On arrival at 12 noon, we were told that we had been upgraded to "deluxe" - one with balcony and one without. Our room without the balcony was on the 2nd floor (room 206) and was on the corner of the building so we had fantastic views from all around - the windows are floor to ceiling and you can open them right out and there is a guard rail halfway up outside, so it practically WAS a balcony!! The room was beautiful - all pale creams and pale blues and the bathroom was sparkling and, I think, brand new. (The bathroom also had one of these huge windows so everywhere was so light and bright.) The hairdryer was pretty powerful and their was a minibar in the room so you could buy your own wine and store it in there - nice and cold. Plenty of space for clothes in the room and the bed was really comfortable. Not a lot of noise from outside considering we were right opposite the Madeleine - just a fantastic view, even when lying in bed - perfect!

My parents room with the balcony was on the 5th floor, again on the corner so with fantastic views all around, but this had a wraparound balcony - bit high for me but my dad loved it! The decor in this room was a bit dark for my taste, but aside from that it was exactly the same room as ours - same layout, bathroom and lovely huge windows. (I think the decor is dark as it was a smoking room, but it did not smell one bit of smoke - my parents arent smokers but would have put up with a bit of smokey aroma in exchange for a balcony but it was fine and fresh and clean.)

As everyone has already said, fantastic location, close to everything, staff were lovely and very helpful and we were very sad to leave. I cant wait to go back. (By the way, we were in room 206 and my parents were in room 506 - with a balcony).

Room Tip: Email ahead with any requests
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank MrsGormley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Saddle River, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 May 2011

My friend and I just spent 6 nights at this hotel while visiting Paris. We selected it through Tripadvisor, and were so pleased to find it just as others had described. Our room had 2 twin beds which they told us meant there was a little extra space, no problem for us as we were out enjoying the far too much to be concerned over room size. Although it cost extra, we opted for the continental breakfast at the hotel in the interest of saving time. It wasn't anything elaborate, but was satisfactory. All the staff were wonderful! We never passed the desk without having a barage of questions, and everyone was extremely helpful. The location was better than I imagined, very central and near everything: Shopping, trains, museums, etc. We walked just about everywhere except for the day spent and Versailles, an easy train ride and education in the Paris subways. Rooms have "soundproof glass" windows which means most city noise is blocked, with the exception of police sirens.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front view the Madelaine cathedral.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pugdom
Felbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2011

The hotel has a good central location, within walking distance to most of the sites and close to a variety of restaurants.
The staff were welcoming at the front desk, we spent most of our time out away from the hotel and only returned to sleep.
Our bedroom was basic, with slightly tired decor and a view that didnt encourage you to look out of the window again (straight out onto other rooms), however it was quiet and as we only used it as a base, met our needs.

Room Tip: Good for a central location
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 1LR
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Great location, within striking distance of Madeleine metro and walking distance to Concorde with which both has most of the lines to bring you to the major places in Paris.

Rooms and furnishings of decent quality. Don't expect large rooms as this is Paris! It's unfair to rate them poorly for small rooms. Free wifi with good connection speeds were welcome. We didn't bother with the hotel breakfast and just went downstairs to Fauchon for breakfast.

Love being able to walk up to Opera within 5 mins and get quick access to main shopping boutiques along Rue Fabourg St Honore and to Lafayette/Printemps.

Location is probably a bit thin on the value for money food and you probably have to travel out for that.

Overall no complains and the stay was very pleasant. Staff was very friendly and helpful throughout.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank garygraphy
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed 12 February 2011

This 3* hotel is located right in front of the Madeleine Church. This means being well located but, somewhat on a busy street. The hotel is clean and the service excellent. The rooms are surprisingly large for Paris and for the price. Also, the bathrooms are very clear and nicely appointed. Finally, wireless internet is available in all rooms and for free. I certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank BBreton
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 4 January 2011

The Hotel Madeleine Plaza is my favourite hotel in Paris: I slept there for the third time
and, as usual, I was satisfied with service; the rooms are not too large (but in Paris it is the rule) but very clean; we had the room facing the secondary street as the ones facing place de la madeleine have a wonderful view but are a little bit noisy for me; wi-fi connection is on request and it works well;
buffet breakfast is not cheap but it's worth; the staff is nice and helpful;
I will come back to the Hotel Madeleine Plaza for sure in my next trip to Paris.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank depexmode
Natchez, Mississippi
Reviewed 14 November 2010

Stayed here on first trip to Paris- Oct. 29 thru Nov. 6. Superior room on the 6th floor with a balcony- perfection! Traveling with my 71 year old mother who had a health situation after the long trip over from the US and the hotel staff was immediately helpful and attentive. Throughout the remainder of our stay, they were caring and always making sure we were comfortable and all was well. The front desk personnel spoke excellent English and even endured my pitiful French! They were always willing to help us with directions, suggestions for restaurants nearby (of which there are many), Taxi and Metro assistance.
The rooms were very clean and the bathrooms were beautifully updated, but be aware that the showers aren't like American showers- the "door" is only about 1/3 of the way down the tub, so you have to stand right under it with the nozzle pointing down or you'll spray water all over the bathroom! Only a minor inconvenience- and the only one that I encountered my entire stay.

I would not hesitate to recommend this fine establishment to anyone planning a trip to Paris! Its in an outstanding location- within walking/strolling distance to many of the main attractions, and with easy access steps from the lobby door to Metro entrances and bus lines to easily get around this fantastic city. If you are planning a trip to Paris- you can't go wrong with the Hotel Madeleine Plaza!

• Stayed November 2010