“A good choice in an ideal location”
Review of London Hotel

London Hotel
Ranked #1,030 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Dublin Ireland
“A good choice in an ideal location”
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We had been recommended the Hotel London and it proved to be a good tip. The hotel is not luxurious by any means but IS comfortable, clean and, above all, very well located for those who do not want to spend hours walking to and from the Metro. It is just a short walk from the Place de Opera-a spectacular building-where the Metro has lines 3, 7 and 8 running through it.

The hotel rooms, like many in Paris, are not large but are adequate, the linen was changed daily, the shower excellent and the windows soundproofed-so the traffic outside was not a problem. However when you arrive check out the aircon. Ours did not work very well and unfortunately we were not able to report it until Sunday morning. The owner was unable to get somebody to fix it on a Sunday and offered to move us.It was not fixed by Tuesday morning when we checked out.

Across the road is a nice bar-cafe the Venetian where they have a terrific happy hour which all (substantial) cocktails and pints of beer €5! In Paris that is a real bargain. And it is from 5-9 pm!!

For a special dinner the nearby Au Petit Riche is excellent.

Room Tip: Check out the air conditioning before you unpack!!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2012

For my first visit to Paris I was very impressed with this Hotel, the room was very nice and cosy, the shower room excellent and very clean.
A great Hotel for anyone and yes it is sound proofed.
Close to bars and the metro.
I felt at home.

Room Tip: if you can't manage stairs there is a lift, one person at a time. We chose to walk up to the 4t...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Cluj Napoca
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Excepting its location, which was close to the Music Academy, I didn't appreciate almost anything here
- Reception was at the 2nd floor, or premiere etage, so once arrived there, had to climb up about 30 stairs with luggage, children, baby strollers and other attachements.
- the elevator was the size of a tall, small box, I could barely fit in with my son, together weighting under 75 Kgs
- room was spacious, but dirty, with the carpet stained. Didn't mind the fact that it looked old, but it should've been clean.
-bathroom seemed renovated, but still the same problem with the cleaning
-didn't try the breakfast as I considered too expensive- we've had across the road at Starbucks croissants and freshly squeezed orange juice at a fraction of the cost.
Wouldn't recomend it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

new york
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Stayed here only one night, my other hotel was booked for that day. The location is great, a 3 minute walk to the Opera, close to all the other attractions.
I have been to Paris many times, I have traveled through Eastern Europe when it was really "Eastern Europe", I have stayed in some fantastic hotels but I also really can appreciate a good value. I can understand the appeal of a hotel that is not expensive in the heart of Paris. I am also of the thinking that a hotel is only a place to sleep while seeing beautiful sights and experiencing a great city. I really did not like this place. First of all, it needs to be mentioned that as I stepped from the taxi with my luggage there was no one there to help. Normally that would be fine but there are, I counted, 30 STEPS TO GET TO THE RECEPTION. This is something that needs to be said for those who just cannot manage that! I am still young and capable of lugging my suitcases up 30 stairs but felt badly for someone who could not. The guys at the reception seemed less than thrilled with his job. I got to my room, or should I say broom closet, and was barely able to squeeze my suitcase into the room. Yes, I know about small European rooms, stayed in plenty of them, but this one was ridiculous. I had to put the small garbage can on top of the desk to make some room. The bathroom is also tiny. The room was clean, I have to say that. The pillow was very hard, heavy and uncomfortable. One more thing, the hotel is next door to a movie theater, as I was falling asleep I felt the base of explosions. It felt just like when you are stopped at a red light and behind you there is some dude with his car stereo on full blast and, although you cannot really hear the music, you can feel the base in your gut. It was not something that I could not fall asleep with but it is good to know what is next door to a place where you will be sleeping. The bottom line is this: a cheap place that is clean, tiny, ton of steps, but a great location.

Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank bluJ
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 23 June 2011

Absolutely fantastic budget hotel. This hotel is very well situated in central Paris, close to 2 metro stations.

Although the room was small, they managed to cram in a 42" LCD TV in there! The bathroom was small also, and it only had a bathtub. A big surprise was that the tub had some jets built in, so you could get a little well-deserved end of day massage.

Breakfast didn't look too good, I'd advise to go to another place for that. There's a McDonald's right next door, or lots of other restaurants along the same street.

A minor problem I encountered: the wireless WiFi was not working at all times, even though the signal was available in the room. Also the personnel is not very quick to check you in and out.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed 21 June 2011

The hotel was very nice. Friendly, helpful staff. The room was small but thats no surprise in the lower priced hotels in Paris.
The breakfast was simple but provided everything you need for day of walking in the most beautiful city in the world.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Syracuse, Italy
Reviewed 22 May 2011

I stayed 3 nights in this hotel with my family. Very nice little hotel, with the best rate in Paris! we had two rooms, differently decorated. in one room with the street view the bathroom was a bit broken, but second room with the view on backyard was much more comfortable and better quality! the location was right in the center, few meters from Opera, we felt like we had an apartment in Paris for few days! it was so easy returning to the hotel after long walks of site seeing any time of the day. the service was really nice, we were always assist. nice breakfast on a second floor with the view on a busy street.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family