“A real Palace for little price, in the heart of Paris-Opera”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of London Hotel

London Hotel
Ranked #995 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“A real Palace for little price, in the heart of Paris-Opera”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

The first part of my holiday in Paris, I've stayed about one week in hotel HELDER OPERA, very disappointed, as, it was very dirty, and I've seen many times a lots of MOUSE in the rooms and bathrooms. Which was a big nightmare for me, I've decided to change my hotel and I found London hotel which is just few minute walking distance of this disgusting hotel Helder.

I was sooooooooo pleased to find London hotel after one week of nightmare that I couldn't sleep because of the mouse and run-down building like waste disposal with yob/Hooligan director.

I've staid in London hotel for a few days in mid July 2012. And i really enjoyed the nice, sunny and large room No 110, with king size bed, a huge bathroom with jakousy bath. A real palace for just €105 per night/p, breakfast included. The hotel is completely renovated, refurbished, very clean, comfortable and brand new. Staff are very kind and polite, and supervisor is very attentive.

I'll return there shortly, I feel "at home". Very very good price for this location and standard of the hotel is very high. You can also negociate the price in function of the period of the year.

Room Tip: Upper floor, rooms in 5Th floor and 6Th floors have a nice scenery, 110 and some which are completel...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank SEDA133

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

It is back to 2000, but I wanted to give my experience, at that time teh hotel was very clean, just old one, center location, amazing location, at the opera area, shopping places are walking distance, just too many stairs. Loved it

Room Tip: I took triple room and it was a good size room for three.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

This was the second time I stayed at this hotel. There are pros and cons.

Pros
+ great location
+ clean room
+ free WiFi

Cons
- 29 steps to walk up with your luggage
- elevator is a joke, so small and old it is
- personnel is not very effective

This year, I had room 402 (on the 4th floor). It had a window giving into an internal courtyard (see picture). Problem was that only 1 light was working (none in the bathroom). Went back to reception where the man said it was too late to do something tonight (9:30 PM). Next day, the lights were fixed. Overall the room was clean, but the rug was really old and was starting to thread. It was large enough for one person (this was a single).

I only had hand luggage, so it wasn't too much an issue; but I would avoid this hotel with major luggage. You will indeed be carrying it yourself (this is only a 3* hotel) to the first floor (where the reception is). Then, it may not even fit in the elevator, which is stated for 1 person only. The second day, the elevator was even stuck in between floors, and I couldn't get out on my floor. After that, I simply walked up and down!

Not advisable for families with small kids due to the numerous stairs.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Daniel1200
Dublin Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

We had been recommended the Hotel London and it proved to be a good tip. The hotel is not luxurious by any means but IS comfortable, clean and, above all, very well located for those who do not want to spend hours walking to and from the Metro. It is just a short walk from the Place de Opera-a spectacular building-where the Metro has lines 3, 7 and 8 running through it.

The hotel rooms, like many in Paris, are not large but are adequate, the linen was changed daily, the shower excellent and the windows soundproofed-so the traffic outside was not a problem. However when you arrive check out the aircon. Ours did not work very well and unfortunately we were not able to report it until Sunday morning. The owner was unable to get somebody to fix it on a Sunday and offered to move us.It was not fixed by Tuesday morning when we checked out.

Across the road is a nice bar-cafe the Venetian where they have a terrific happy hour which all (substantial) cocktails and pints of beer €5! In Paris that is a real bargain. And it is from 5-9 pm!!

For a special dinner the nearby Au Petit Riche is excellent.

Room Tip: Check out the air conditioning before you unpack!!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

For my first visit to Paris I was very impressed with this Hotel, the room was very nice and cosy, the shower room excellent and very clean.
A great Hotel for anyone and yes it is sound proofed.
Close to bars and the metro.
I felt at home.

Room Tip: if you can't manage stairs there is a lift, one person at a time. We chose to walk up to the 4t...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Cluj Napoca
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2011

Excepting its location, which was close to the Music Academy, I didn't appreciate almost anything here
- Reception was at the 2nd floor, or premiere etage, so once arrived there, had to climb up about 30 stairs with luggage, children, baby strollers and other attachements.
- the elevator was the size of a tall, small box, I could barely fit in with my son, together weighting under 75 Kgs
- room was spacious, but dirty, with the carpet stained. Didn't mind the fact that it looked old, but it should've been clean.
-bathroom seemed renovated, but still the same problem with the cleaning
-didn't try the breakfast as I considered too expensive- we've had across the road at Starbucks croissants and freshly squeezed orange juice at a fraction of the cost.
Wouldn't recomend it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

new york
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

Stayed here only one night, my other hotel was booked for that day. The location is great, a 3 minute walk to the Opera, close to all the other attractions.
I have been to Paris many times, I have traveled through Eastern Europe when it was really "Eastern Europe", I have stayed in some fantastic hotels but I also really can appreciate a good value. I can understand the appeal of a hotel that is not expensive in the heart of Paris. I am also of the thinking that a hotel is only a place to sleep while seeing beautiful sights and experiencing a great city. I really did not like this place. First of all, it needs to be mentioned that as I stepped from the taxi with my luggage there was no one there to help. Normally that would be fine but there are, I counted, 30 STEPS TO GET TO THE RECEPTION. This is something that needs to be said for those who just cannot manage that! I am still young and capable of lugging my suitcases up 30 stairs but felt badly for someone who could not. The guys at the reception seemed less than thrilled with his job. I got to my room, or should I say broom closet, and was barely able to squeeze my suitcase into the room. Yes, I know about small European rooms, stayed in plenty of them, but this one was ridiculous. I had to put the small garbage can on top of the desk to make some room. The bathroom is also tiny. The room was clean, I have to say that. The pillow was very hard, heavy and uncomfortable. One more thing, the hotel is next door to a movie theater, as I was falling asleep I felt the base of explosions. It felt just like when you are stopped at a red light and behind you there is some dude with his car stereo on full blast and, although you cannot really hear the music, you can feel the base in your gut. It was not something that I could not fall asleep with but it is good to know what is next door to a place where you will be sleeping. The bottom line is this: a cheap place that is clean, tiny, ton of steps, but a great location.

Stayed June 2011, travelled solo