“Charming hotel with great staff”
Review of London Hotel

London Hotel
Ranked #1,028 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I stayed here for two nights on a business trip. The hotel is in a lovely part of Paris, very convenient for RER and Metro and reasonably close to the centre of Paris. The rooms are reasonably spacious (for the centre of Paris) and are kept well. Breakfast is a little spartan, even for a continental breakfast.

What made the hotel for me were the staff. Everyone I dealt with during my stay was incredibly friendly and helpful. They couldn't do enough to help, never acted like it was anything other than a pleasure. As usual, I forgot (once again) to bring a UK/Ireland plug adapter with me and they gave me one - it's only a small thing but one that made my stay much better and one that larger and more expensive hotels frequently let me down on.

When I'm going to Paris for a holiday next time, I'll definitely stay here.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank markpb

Reviewed 3 August 2012

The Hotel is placed in the nearness of Opera square. The place is perfect to get to any place in Paris. The RoissyBus to CDG is quite near also. The location is the only good thing of this Hotel.
Several issues to improve. Internet is claimed as "free wifi" in the website. But when you arrive to the hotel, depends on your room, the floor, or even, if you have booked your room by agency or in Internet. Weird!.
The breakfast is just awful: just industrial croissants, stale bread, jam, butter, juice and coffee. Just that. It is better to have breakfast at the McDonalds that is close to the hotel.
The rooms furniture is old, the carpet smells like old, the corridors are occupied by additional beds, ... and the quality of sleeping is just bad. Even with conditioned air switched off, there is a continuous noise that does not allow you to correctly sleep. Bad, bad.
Next time, I would definitely not select this hotel. For sure.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jator-C
Reviewed 18 July 2012

The first part of my holiday in Paris, I've stayed about one week in hotel HELDER OPERA, very disappointed, as, it was very dirty, and I've seen many times a lots of MOUSE in the rooms and bathrooms. Which was a big nightmare for me, I've decided to change my hotel and I found London hotel which is just few minute walking distance of this disgusting hotel Helder.

I was sooooooooo pleased to find London hotel after one week of nightmare that I couldn't sleep because of the mouse and run-down building like waste disposal with yob/Hooligan director.

I've staid in London hotel for a few days in mid July 2012. And i really enjoyed the nice, sunny and large room No 110, with king size bed, a huge bathroom with jakousy bath. A real palace for just €105 per night/p, breakfast included. The hotel is completely renovated, refurbished, very clean, comfortable and brand new. Staff are very kind and polite, and supervisor is very attentive.

I'll return there shortly, I feel "at home". Very very good price for this location and standard of the hotel is very high. You can also negociate the price in function of the period of the year.

Room Tip: Upper floor, rooms in 5Th floor and 6Th floors have a nice scenery, 110 and some which are completel...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank SEDA133
Reviewed 3 July 2012

It is back to 2000, but I wanted to give my experience, at that time teh hotel was very clean, just old one, center location, amazing location, at the opera area, shopping places are walking distance, just too many stairs. Loved it

Room Tip: I took triple room and it was a good size room for three.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This was the second time I stayed at this hotel. There are pros and cons.

Pros
+ great location
+ clean room
+ free WiFi

Cons
- 29 steps to walk up with your luggage
- elevator is a joke, so small and old it is
- personnel is not very effective

This year, I had room 402 (on the 4th floor). It had a window giving into an internal courtyard (see picture). Problem was that only 1 light was working (none in the bathroom). Went back to reception where the man said it was too late to do something tonight (9:30 PM). Next day, the lights were fixed. Overall the room was clean, but the rug was really old and was starting to thread. It was large enough for one person (this was a single).

I only had hand luggage, so it wasn't too much an issue; but I would avoid this hotel with major luggage. You will indeed be carrying it yourself (this is only a 3* hotel) to the first floor (where the reception is). Then, it may not even fit in the elevator, which is stated for 1 person only. The second day, the elevator was even stuck in between floors, and I couldn't get out on my floor. After that, I simply walked up and down!

Not advisable for families with small kids due to the numerous stairs.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Daniel1200
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We had been recommended the Hotel London and it proved to be a good tip. The hotel is not luxurious by any means but IS comfortable, clean and, above all, very well located for those who do not want to spend hours walking to and from the Metro. It is just a short walk from the Place de Opera-a spectacular building-where the Metro has lines 3, 7 and 8 running through it.

The hotel rooms, like many in Paris, are not large but are adequate, the linen was changed daily, the shower excellent and the windows soundproofed-so the traffic outside was not a problem. However when you arrive check out the aircon. Ours did not work very well and unfortunately we were not able to report it until Sunday morning. The owner was unable to get somebody to fix it on a Sunday and offered to move us.It was not fixed by Tuesday morning when we checked out.

Across the road is a nice bar-cafe the Venetian where they have a terrific happy hour which all (substantial) cocktails and pints of beer €5! In Paris that is a real bargain. And it is from 5-9 pm!!

For a special dinner the nearby Au Petit Riche is excellent.

Room Tip: Check out the air conditioning before you unpack!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2012

For my first visit to Paris I was very impressed with this Hotel, the room was very nice and cosy, the shower room excellent and very clean.
A great Hotel for anyone and yes it is sound proofed.
Close to bars and the metro.
I felt at home.

Room Tip: if you can't manage stairs there is a lift, one person at a time. We chose to walk up to the 4t...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple