“Excellent hotel, beautiful location”

Melia Paris Notre-Dame
Ranked #338 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My wife and I spent a couple of dreary January days in Paris at this excellent hotel. From the moment were were enthusiastically and warmly welcomed by the front desk to the time that we had to leave we felt at home.

Thought the rooms are small, as this is a historical building, they are comfortable and well appointed with lots of fine touches and attention to detail. Since this is an older building sound does travel but it is not a party hotel and we were never bothered by noises in the night.

The breakfast buffet was well rounded and serviced by friendly staff.

In less than five minutes from leaving the front door we were sitting in the Notre Dame Cathedral. A huge variety of good restaurants are located within ten minutes walk. The St. Michel metro stop is less than a ten minute walk.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
MECOLHO, Directeur général at Melia Paris Notre-Dame, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your nice comment! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Meliá Colbert as well as the services.
I thank you also for choosing our Hotel for this stay in Paris. It is true that our location is great !
We are all waiting to the pleasure of welcoming you back !

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Small hotel in a great location. Room small but adequate. We didnt use the breakfast as it was very expensive, and there are some lovely cafeterias/panaderias within 100 yeards of the hotel. The 2 male receptionists were very helpful.

Dear guest,
Thank you for your review and for your comments about the staff.
I am sorry that you did not have breakfast at the Hotel. The quality and service are very good!
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again at the Meliá Colbert.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I often go to Paris, and Melià Colbert is probably the nicest hotel I've been to there.
Location: It's in a Mansion/hôtel particulier located in a picturesque neighbourhood down by the Seine. It's on the Left Bank just opposite Notre Dame. You can walk almost everywhere or take the nearby metro. The RER Saint Michel is within five minutes walking distance with trains that take you directly to both CDG and Orly.
Rooms: As is mostly the case in Paris, rooms are not huge. They are nevertheless quite newly decorated and very stylish. Our bathroom was nice and big..
Breakfast: Very good but expensive. However, If you sign up for a Melià membership and have breakfast every day, you get a discount.
Service: Service is excellent and VERY friendly. I even got a little cake on my birthday..

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
MECOLHO, General Manager at Melia Paris Notre-Dame, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice comment! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Meliá Colbert an that you appreciated the service.
I wouild like to thank you also for choosing our Hotel for your last stay in Paris and I really hope you will stay again with us during your next visits to this lovely city.
We are all waiting to the pleasure of welcoming you back !

Reviewed 21 January 2014

+ brilliantly located, stylish, very friendly and helpful staff. - noisy, we were too close to the service lift, also small bathroom & average breakfast for the price. Don't go near the bar unless money is no object.

1  Thank Tony Alan G

Dear Guest,

I am really glad to read that our staff was helpful and friendly!
I am sorry to know that you found the bar expensive. Most of our drinks have the same price as the restaurants and bars next to the Hotel but we also have an excellent service.
Thank you for choosing again the Meliá Colbert for your stay in Paris! We’ll love to have you back in our Hotel!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

A wonderful hidden little gem in a great area of Paris. Lots of little bistros and bars nearby. The hotel is a perfect small boutique property, very well managed, cosy and quaint. Room 15 offers you the main balcony above the hotel main entrance. Rooms and facilities spotless,décor superb and you receive service like your were a part of the family!.

Could not fault this little jewel of a hotel in St. Michelle absolutely tres bien!! Highly recommend.

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review! It is going to be a pleasure to share it with the staff.
We always try to give to all our guests a personalized service and we are glad to know that you appreciated our efforts.

We are already looking forward to welcome you back to the Meliá Colbert.

Best regards,

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Great staff. Wonderful location. I couldn't ask for a better stay. We would stay here again. Not your cookie cutter large hotel. Very romantic. They serve you a glass of bubbly upon arrival and chocolate on your pillow. Free robe and slippers. It didn't seem like a hotel, it was so homey and beautiful in the room. French doors open up into a fantastic street view. Quiet except in the AM when the garbage man comes. It's fast, the noise and I did sleep through it most days. I was warned and honestly it didn't detour me from staying nor would it detour me from going back. I LOVED this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It is always a pleasure to read a good comment about the stay of our guests at the Meliá Colbert Hotel!
It was a pleasure for us to have you as a guest amongst us and we all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Best regards,

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Decided to stay here as was looking for a nice hotel in the centre of town. Location couldn't have been better, the staff were lovely and the decor gorgeous. Only issue was wifi - only worked in one part of my room and even there the signal was hopeless. Oh and the room was very overheated, which made it hard to sleep!! Otherwise a beautiful hotel!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
MECOLHO, Directeur général at Melia Paris Notre-Dame, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! I am glad that you liked the location and the service.
I am sorry that you had problems with the wifi. Normally, we do not have connection problems.
Concerning the heating, you can adjust the temperature in your room. I am sorry if we’ve not explained during your stay.
We are all waiting to the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Meliá Colbert!