“Great for location”

Melia Paris Notre-Dame
Ranked #322 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I booked this hotel on the recommendation of a friend who knows what kind of travel I enjoy. This is clearly a boutique hotel with local flavor (not a big chain hotel). The on-site breakfast was good although the room feels like a dungeon. The staff did everything to make it pleasant, although when my eggs were noticeably overcooked, nothing was done to redo them. I didn't push and just ate them! There was a buffet with delicious yogurts, fruit, salmon, meats and pastry. Most things were wonderful as the location is premium, the hotel is in a nice neighborhood with good restaurants, the bathroom had nice amenities such as large towels nice soaps, a toothbrush, razor, and vanity pack. On the down side, if you are there and it hot outside, the AC is not like in the US where it gets very cold. There were no wash cloths, the wifi wasn't great as it cut in and out and was very slow at best, and i thought the pillows were too hard. They were unable to find softer pillows. I do recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: It's a small hotel with, I think, only 39 rooms. I didn't have a problem or know of any room...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank pgrbocaraton
MECOLHO, Directeur général at Melia Paris Notre-Dame, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear pgrbocaraton,
I appreciate that you took the time to write a comment and I would like to thank your friend for having recommended Meliá Colbert Hotel.
I am happy that you have appreciated our breakfast and19th century on-site breakfast. My apologies for the eggs overcooked, if you plan to come another time, please do not hesitate to ask your preferences to our waiters.
I’m glad to see that you appreciated the location, the neighborhood and the room and all the amenities that we offer you.

I inform you that we also propose cleaning service.

It would be pleasure to welcome you back again in our hotel.

Cécile Costenoble

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Our sweet retreat for 3 nights was a dream! View from our bedroom window of Notre Dame was fabulous. Close to all the 5th Arrondissement cafes and restaurants as well. The staff was very helpful every day to guide us to some local favorites as well as arrange our drive to and from the airport.

Room Tip: Great View of Notre Dame Cathedral
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
MECOLHO, Directeur général at Melia Paris Notre-Dame, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Karyandrobert,

Thank you for your lovely words! We are really happy to know you found your holydays a dream!
We really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We were at the Melia Colbert in Paris for 3 nights in May of 2014, the hotel is very clean, and the Rome was simple and small, but that is very expected in Paris! I only gave it 4 stars as I tried to contact them before my stay, but never got any answers.

But with that being said, they could not have been nicer once we were there, all the staff was helpful and warm! When we checked in, very early in the am Paris time, the girl at the front desk took one look at us and said, hahn you are tired from your long trip from America, let me get you a room, and she did, which was excellent since we did not sleep on the plane! I would definitely stay here again, and the location was wonderful! Near many spots, including Notre Dame being right across the street!

Room Tip: Lots of walking, but close enough to things like Hop on Hop off bus and cafés !
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rhonda Y

Dear Rhonda Y,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Meliá Colbert Hotel.
I am sorry that you could not have reached us before your arrival in Paris, it is really not our philosophy to let a customer with no answer to his request.
We would love to welcome you back again in our Hotel.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I was staying at the Melia Colbert Hotel and had a wonderful stay - my only drawback was there should have been coffee making facilities within each room otherwise room was clean and tidy and had a wonderful time. The staff provided us with all the info we needed to tour Paris and guided us every step of the way

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Dear Michael,
Thank you very much for your review.
I am happy to see that you have had a wonderful time.
Regarding the room, I would like to let you know that we offer different kinds of rooms with their own facilities and equipments.
I invite you to choose our Premium room in your next visit.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

My fisrt trip to Paris for our 14th Anniversay, my wife has been to Paris 2 times before and she loved the hotel and location also. Staff very helpful and freindly, clean rooms, actually a little larger than I expected for Paris, full baths with tub & shower that had been newly tiled, breakfast expensive, go for a morning walk and you can get a much better price a few blocks away. Location is outstanding! Saw all the major sites by using the Batobus - River Taxi. Buy a 1 or 2 day pass and it stops at 8 locations along the Seine and the Notre Dame stop is 1 block from the Hotel. 2 blocks from the Latin Quater with lots of restaurants, many others within walking distance in all directions. Be aware of 2 scams in Paris, the gypsey ring scam and the string wrist scam, look them up on the internet to be aware, they are all over the tourist places.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MKF526

Dear MKF526,
Once again congratulations for your 14th Anniversary!
Thank you very much for your very positive comments about Melia Colbert.
I’m glad to see that you appreciated the comfort of your room, the amenities, the staff, the location and the bars and restaurants nearby.
Concerning the breakfast, we propose a wide choice of fresh and quality products. But I would like to let you know that we offer a special price for our guests if they have the Melia loyalty card (the card is free of charge).
Do not hesitate to ask for the card next time you come to one of our Meliá Hotels.
We hope to welcome you back to celebrate your 15th Anniversary.
Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Late writing this review, but I was always planning on doing so!

My girlfriend and I stayed in this wonderful hotel in March. The weather was stunning and the location is perfect – so close to Notre Dam.

The area around the hotel is beautiful, and very romantic. Personally I'd recommend keeping a relaxed attitude and sampling local delights (restaurants, louvre, cathedral, etc.) rather than trying to cram too much in.

The hotel gave us champagne on arrival, and the concierge was diligent and helpful and went out of his way to make sure we had a nice stay. All the staff were friendly and also tried to help us out with anything we needed.

Room was good size (reading reviews on tripadvisor I was worried hotel rooms were nearly all tiny) and although it got cold with the air-con on, it didn't matter.

Bathroom facilities were excellent and tbh I can't fault this hotel at all.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sam D,
I am grateful you took the time to share your observations and your recommendation sabout Meliá Colbert hotel.
We were very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us!
We really hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My daughters are back from Paris and this hotel made them fall in love with Paris on multiple levels. We were the ones reviewing that awful hotel Prince de Conti. Two waisted days...with no help and bad conditions. Not here! They welcomed them like family. Directed them on tips for shopping, traveling and eating. All understanding that they had a budget but still giving them outstanding information. The hotel itself is well located, appointed and wonderfully staffed. The people you meet define the city and are an incremental part of the memory that is your vacation. For them the memory was saved by this hotel and it's staff!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Rsb155,
Thank very much you for your fantastic review of Meliá Colbert Hotel.
We were very happy we made you feel comfortable and you enjoyed your stay. In fact, we really try to make the difference and to do our very best to impress our guest delivering a personalized and helpful customer service.
Yours Sincerely,