“This was my second try and they are forgiven”

Hotel Chateau Frontenac
Ranked #165 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 19 April 2014

After having a bad experience four years ago, we decided to give this hotel a second chance. They gave me a good rate for excuse and I accepted. We didnot see any mistake of the staff this time. We had minimum contact with them since we know Paris pretty well. As always my wife changed the room the second day with no big objection. Our room was spacious on the fourth floor taking pretty good sunshine. We were lucky to have 20 degree sunny days in Paris in mid march. Breakfasts were more than satisfying with very friendly staff. Service times were between 07:00 - 14:00 which gave us a very flexible moving time. There are all sorts of French Breakfast choices satisfying all foreign customers. Although the hotel is not new, some rooms were renovated and the old rooms' decoration was nice. I recommend this hotel to anyone who visits Paris.

Room Tip: Take a room at the top to take advantage of the sunshine
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
FRONTENACParis, Directeur général at Hotel Chateau Frontenac, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your kind comments and we are pleased to know that you had an excellent experience at the hotel Chateau Frontenac.

It was indeed a pleasure to read that you were satisfied with our services and enjoyed your stay with us.

Your enthusiasm for our staff is very much appreciated and will be a great source of motivation for them. I will certainly not fail to convey your very kind compliments to them.

We thank you very much for giving us a second chance and We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon for another Parisian experience and please consider us as your Home away from Home!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 12 April 2014

we went to paris and for the 2nd time we stopped at this hotel.All 4 of us were given excellent rooms[1 double and two single which were two doubles as single ].My wife and I had a 6th floor double balcony with a view down rue pierre charron.Bar prices are quite high but happy hour cocktails are comparable, after all this is the golden triangle of George V and Champ Elyssees.The hotel staff are pleasant and helpful i.e.taxis etc and the breakfast is good my wife having smoked salmon and scrambled eggs.Hotel is ideally placed to see the most beautifull city I know and I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: higher rooms 5/6 overlooking rue pierre charron have best small balcony to watch life go by
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your guest experience on TripAdvisor following your second visit to the Hotel Château Frontenac! We thank you for your thoughtful comments regarding the room product and our service.

That you found all the staff with whom you came in contact exceptionally friendly, helpful, and always professional, was the best compliment for all the team. Thank you for your thoughtful comments.

All the Hotel staff join me in the hope that we will see you again in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Decided to give this hotel another try after I had stayed there some years ago and it was just as bad. The people at reception have tremendous attitude and are not forthcoming to requests. Every time I stay at a hotel I specify my usual requirements, quiet room, bright, not next to elevator or service room and I usually get a very pleasant response and more importantly an honest one. Well in this case I ended up right in between a service lift AND service room AND couple rooms down the room was getting a makeover.. Luckily in the end the room was quiet but this one person at reception kind of rolled his eyes when i asked the colleague for a specific room and 'reassured' me by making me feel as if I just asked the dumbest question.
Once in the room though, it smelt really bad and not of smoke. The carpet is filthy and the bathroom very cheaply made. No tiles, just plastic look alike. Had to ask for slippers and bedside mats.
To top is all off the chamber maid pretty much kicked me out of the room after she had a huff and a puff, pointing at her watch, rolling her eyes and saying it is too late. Stomping away… And don't even think about asking for a late checkout. It is non existent! I was given a gracious extra hour because their hotel was full (as always in any hotel it seems) and literally sat in the lobby for hours without ANYONE checking in during that time. Noone! I had 39 fever. I rest my case...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank foodieMCdudey

Dear guest,

I could see from your comments on TripAdvisor that your recent stay with us was not at all up to expectations. I would very much appreciate it if you could contact us, should you be able to make the time, so that we can understand better your guest experience.

We generally are pretty good about learning immediately of guests who we have disappointed, but seemingly not in your case!

I hope to hear from when you have time.

We all hope that you will give us a second chance to have the pleasure of welcoming you back with the hope you will truly feel at home with us.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

My wife and I have been visited Paris for 100sss times. It used to be to stay somewhere in Opera or S. Germaine area as well as Mare or Latin Quarter. Last time we decided to stay somewhere between Champ Elyssees and Seine. And we have been generously awarded with convenience of this area. Chateau Frontenac is greatly located whether you are interested in night life/meal or shopping or Paris attractions such as Triumphal Arch, Eiffel Tower, Museum of Modern Art, Trocadero, Seine cruise and many more. Do not worry when you will arrive, you won't have problem where to go for dinner, lunch or even breakfast, plants of places in 100 m from the hotel. George V and av. Montaigne help you to leave all your money in famous brand name boutiques. The hotel itself is good, not brand new but exactly what you expect from Paris and more over - the rooms are bigger than you could expect form Paris hotel. I strongly recommends the junior suit 101: big, comfortable. Breakfast area is also spacey and breakfast is good enough. What is important they serve till 13:00. Concierges are excellent, they remember you room number if you ask a key, they help with e-tickets for your flight, taxi and etc. definitely, we'll stay again and recommend to our friends.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
FRONTENACParis, Directeur général at Hotel Chateau Frontenac, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read your positive feedback about your stay and we would like
to sincerely thank you for your very kind words regarding our services.

Your comments have been shared with our team which will motivate them to
continue their efforts in providing our valuable customers with quality
products and services.

We all look forward to welcoming you back during your next in Paris.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Myself and a friend booked this hotel for a four night sightseeing/leisure/shopping stay in Paris.

Location of this hotel is great, safe area and a short stroll away from the Champs-Elysee and the designer boutiques, particularly the Louis Vuitton flagship store - a Cartier boutique is located across the street from the hotel.

The staff were a hit and miss for us. Being used to staying in high end establishments I would have expected a certain level of service. However when checking in we were treated rather rudely and dismissively by the reception staff. We had to wait for three hours to check in after arrival even though I had specifically emailed the hotel when booking that our flight would be arriving in rather early and thus required arrangements. Very upsetting, particularly for my friend who does not travel well.
That being said the night staff and concierge were charming, polite and engaging individuals who were more than happy to assist (I would like to make a special thank you to the two lovely gentlemen working at reception that night when I couldn't find anywhere open for cigarettes. I never caught either of their names but a million thank you's from Ireland for your kindness and humor.)

The bedrooms are clean and spacious for Paris, elegantly decorated with everything you need for a stay. Mini-bar was well stocked and the daily cleaning service was top of the range. Our view was of the street and the Cartier boutique opposite and we had no trouble sleeping even with morning traffic.

Overall we never spent much time in the hotel being out exploring and shopping during the day and out for dinner and shows at night. I would not recommend this place unfortunately as although location is good, there are better. If you are willing, like we were, to spend the money on a high end establishment - a number of hotels along George V or the opposite side of the Champs-Elysee are far superior in both service and quality.

Room Tip: On the upper levels you would have a better view of the city.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to leave your comments on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us at the Hotel Château Frontenac.

We are deeply sorry to read that you have waited all this time to get your room. The hotel was fully booked the day before your arrival.
Our Booking Department and our Front desk will most certainly informed when you have made your reservation and upon your arrival that the check-in time is 2.00pm and for any early check-inl, we suggest you to book the day before arrival.

On a more positive note, your enthusiasm for our concierge and night staff is very much appreciated and will be a great source of motivation for them.

We all hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back with the hope you will truly feel at home with us.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

After having stayed for 3 night, I have to say that the hotel is excellent. I am very pleased with the staff's welcoming attitude, and support. The location of the hotel is helpful, and the rooms are tidy everyday. I have no issues regarding the hotel at all. In fact, I will definitely stay at this hotel the next time I visit Paris.

• Stayed: March 2014
FRONTENACParis, Directeur général at Hotel Chateau Frontenac, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay amongs us.

We were truly delighted to read such a positive review.

Thank you for being such a wonderful ambassador through your generous comments.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Booked for a business trip to Paris. The room seemed a good deal when I booked it. The room was large, but it was tired. It was decorated in a late 80s/early 90s style and, although clean, it was showing signs of age. The twin beds were rock hard - and the pillows did not help. I spent an uncomfortable night. The air-con also did not work. All is all, not a great experience and I will not be staying there again.

The only positive was the staff, friendly and efficient. But as you go to an hotel primarily to sleep, this did not help much.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
FRONTENACParis, Directeur général at Hotel Chateau Frontenac, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to leave your comment on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us at the Hotel Château Frontenac.

Concerning the negative points raised during your stay, We are deeply sorry to read you did not enjoy the Louis XV style of our rooms.
Our beds are regularly changed at the request of a large majority of our customers, so we offer a firm bedding.
Regarding the air conditioning, we inform you that, for environmental reasons, our air conditioning did not provide hot and cold air at the same time.

On a more positive note, your enthusiasm for our staff is very much appreciated and will be a great source of motivation for them.

Mr Sébastien Thomas