“Nice and modern. Perfect for business.”
Review of Hotel Square

Hotel Square
Ranked #927 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 30 June 2013

This is by far my favourite hotel in the area. Great service, spacious and clean rooms, plenty of hot water with sufficient pressure and very comfortable beds.

The location is also pretty great to go out for a morning/evening run along the Seine.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
hotelsquare, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Square, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Madam, Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review it's a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to welcome you again very soon at the hotel and to have the opportunity to give you the best advice on how to enjoy a business trip with our tips and services.

I wish you a wonderful day.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

WOW. That was my first reaction as my wife and I checked into this amazing hotel for our first anniversary getaway. Upon arrival at the hotel we were greeted by a lovely girl on reception that who spoke perfect English and went out of her way to be helpful.

The hotel room was an ample size, with a king sized bed and an amazing marble bathroom with a walk in jet shower. The bed was extremely comfy, one of the best I have ever slept in. Some reviews on here (from a while ago) mention a noisy nightclub but this has been closed down so no need to worry. The room was well equipped with a bang and olufsen stereo and well stocked mini bar. The only small downside of the room was it was a little dark. This was more of a problem for my wife who had to open all of the curtains and move the mirror to the window sill in order to do her makeup. The hallways of the hotel were funky and gave the hotel an individual feeling, a far cry from your standard Hilton with cream hallways!

Set around 200 yards back from the Seine and a leisurely 15 minute stroll from the Eiffel tower the location of the hotel is perfect. At night I would recommend popping down to the bridge adjacent to the hotel to take in the breathtaking views of the Eiffel tower lit up above the Seine.
We ate at the hotel restaurant and the food was delicious. There was an English menu which made it a lot easier. The waitress also spoke quite good English and was very helpful. The restaurant possibly could’ve done with being a touch busier to create a bit more atmosphere.

I would not hesitate on recommending the hotel square to anyone, a great place to stay in Paris.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kevin H

Dear Madam, Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to see you again very soon.

We wish you a very nice day.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Finally something different in Paris!
It wasn't my first time travelling to this city and after some unfortunate stays in horribly small rooms of boutique hotels I just wanted something different this time.
Despite the whole look of the hotel website was at least outrageous... I was a bit fed up with hotels who seem to be 2 stars and by putting red velvet everywhere, plaster garlands and fake Louis XIV Golden ornaments ... call themselves luxury hotels.
An American friend of mine who is quite picky and a big lover of Paris, told me about this hotel. I was quite surprised when I found out that it was a member of Small Luxury Hotels and that I never heard about it...
So after a rainy way from the airport to the hotel with the train, I got to the train station just two minutes away from the hotel, right beside the Eiffel Tower and close to the original Statue of Liberty.
On arrival, the hotel in general looked very nice. In fact, it was a “wow” feeling after what one was expecting when checking the hotel website and the images in internet. To me it was an intentioned cocktail of Gustav Klimt, Andy Warhol and the millionaire pentohouses of the 80's. A funny and unusual revisit of an iconic golden era of the global luxury.
The reception is small but it transmits that lovely kind of a “home-like” feeling that I found quite welcoming after my rainy way.
The staff were very attentive and they had everything arranged for a quick check-in. They took my luggage to the room while I went to their Zebra Bar through the thick and bright carpet. In fact, the carpet on every floor and in every corridor was thick and impeccable.
On the table where I sat there was food, like canapés...which happened to be for any bar guest who wanted to have a bite with their drink.
After my drink a bellboy took my to my room and explained me all the unexpected electronic devices of the room.
I loved entering in to the room and the warm yellow lights while the jazz music was playing. It was as if they were waiting for me... like a romantic date!
; )

The room was quite big for being Paris, as my American friend told me. And it was furnished with dark and heavy chests of drawers full of CD's to play on the media system, as well as nice lamps and fresh orchids.

The bed was very comfortable and the bed sheets (good cotton and looking brand new) were tense and very well dragged, without wrinkles not even folds! The mattress was firm and new.

The closet was big and had loooooooots of hangers (which nowadays is a very unusual thing even in luxury hotels) and that I loved. Perhaps it was a bit too dark and a bit more of light would have been nice.
I liked finding the sleepers, despite I never use them.
The bathroom all in white marble was so impressive that I first thought that it wasn't real marble but a sort of fake stone material... I was wrong though!
I literally LOVED THE AMENITIES, since when I travel I never take my shampoo or body milk with me, and even 5 stars hotels don't always have nice stuff. Their "retro - art deco" amenities were just delicious... especially the body milk!!!
And the bath tube was abnormally large, so I could literally had a full body bath despite being a tall man.
The quality of the towels was excellent and there were plenty of them.
After my bath, I ordered a room service because I had to work with my laptop at the Little desk of the room, and not only the WIFI worked (don't ask me why but there are always problems with wifi wherever I stay...!!!) but the room service was super fast. I highly recommend you the club sandwich with advocado.
Before going to sleep I sinned a bit with a few things of their quite fun and interesting minibar proposals.
The morning after, at breakfast, I had the french breakfast, and the only thing to say is that I had to ask for an expresso because they were serving the other type of watery coffee that I find too soft. Maybe the toasts were a bit burnt but the waiter was very friendly and he brought me new ones inmediately.
The two days more that I spent in Paris not only working but also visiting friends were great despite the weather.
One night we had dinner there, and another we just had some drinks at their bar.
I can only say that even my Parisian friends were surprised with the place and the ambiance. They heard years ago about the restaurant for being a hot spot in Paris for celebrities, but never went till I dragged them there.
The restaurant was maybe a bit too dark for me, and some more light tan a candle would have been helpful. Anyway, the food was nice, the crockery quite interesting (matching the glamorous 80's look of the hotel) and the service incredibly friendly and attentive assisting me with menú translations.
I will definately come back, despite I'm afraid that as soon as people (specially from the fashion industry and art) will know about this place their room rates may increase.
: (
Just a very comfortable home in Paris, with lots of space and built only with the best.

I just hope that next time they won't burn my toasts!

Room Tip: Despite all the romos have a little desk or work space, on the first floor there is a lovely lounge...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We visited Paris in April of 2013. Two families with kids. Deliberated a lot before deciding on a place to stay, very fortunate and thankful we decided to stay at the Square. The hotel is located very close to some major visiting places ( if you are visiting Paris for the first time, I would imagine Eiffel Tower and the cruise are going to be on your list). The welcome was excellent, we had booked the transportation from the Airport through the hotel. When we arrived, the rooms were ready, well planned space in the hotel with the rooms of decent size (again a luxury in Paris). The staff is excellent, ready to help at every step of the way. We are vegetarian folks and have some more diet restrictions. The staff at the hotel was very helpful in getting us food delivery. The concierge was ever helpful to make sure we ended up at the right place and returned to the right place :). The only downside ( and this is very subjective to us as we were vegetarian folks) was the breakfast, not filling or lavish in any way. But was manageable.
Overall, would recommend this place to anyone, specifically families with small kids.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the tower!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I have spent one night only at the hotel and i must say that it's an excellent one! The room is big and very well furnished! You have a great designed CD player and everything is exclusive. Bed is great and confortable and the bathroom is very elegant! Restaurant is very good and also the breakfast fantastic! Staff very helpful and kind. Nothing to complain about! I also got a room upgrade since i am a honoured member of Small Luxury Hotels.
Location could be better but if you are looking for a good hotel without a specific location, this one is great!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2012

My wife and I spent 3 nights at this excellent boutique hotel which is a pleasant 20 minutes walk from the Eiffel Tower. We were upgraded to a suite style of room on arrival without any request. This was beautifully clean with a very good we'll lit bathroom, powerful shower and good hair dryer.The toilet was separate. There was a king size bed with very good mattress and luxury sheets. My only slight niggle was the poor lighting in the main bedroom. Breakfast was excellent with good croissants and coffee served rapidly by extremely pleasant staff. The reception staff could not have been more helpful. Definitely to be recommended.

Room Tip: Corner suites have small balconies.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dinners
Reviewed 5 December 2012

We chose this hotel due to its good location. Just off the beaten path, but still close to all amenities. Great service, good clean rooms, (separate WC in the room however) Luxury bedding and linens. We didnt eat or drink there, but it was reasonable and small, which we prefer. Got some great recommendations for restaurants from the concierge!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends