“New Years in Paris”
Review of Hotel Square

Hotel Square
Ranked #1,029 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Great attention to detail, welcoming pastries in the room and a local tea to take away as a NYE present with a personal note left in the room.
Staff are very easy to approach.
Down side-15-20 minutes walk before you see more life, so it is a little out of the centre where there are shops and bars so gets very quiet in the evening. Has views of the Effiel Tower and would recommend a chauffeur driven car around the twinkling sites of Paris one evening as a treat-cost about €40 with in car ipad music of your choice and drinks.

Room Tip: Try to be higher than 2nd floor as we could hear the traffic
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ango S
hotelsquare, General Manager at Hotel Square, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this comment.
Each day offers us new possibilities to improve our service, we are very proud of our dedicated team.
Your tips for our upcoming guest will be really useful.

For your next visit please contact us directly via reservation@hotelsquare.com so we would help you organize and customize your trip in Paris.

We are looking forward to eating from you soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

It's been almost a year since I last stayed in Hotel Square, and I must say that it was very nice coming back.

This time I stayed in a Classic Square room instead of a Deluxe, but the size of the room was still quite big and the amenities and comfort were the same.

I adore their shampoo and body lotion as well as the white marble bathroom with their abnormally big bath tube.

The staff was as nice as last time, and despite I saw new faces in the team all of them were extremely friendly.

As good points I have to say that the breakfast improved drastically since last time, and the concierge service was incredibly helpful when asking them about directions in Paris.

Wifi was working perfectly well so I could work from my room (not as in many other hotels where I have to go down to the bar to send my emails and work late at night). No pens in the room though... just the pencil... which wasn't a big deal.

Towels and bed sheets we inmaculate and as last time fresh flowers everywhere.

In my oppinion, the only thing missing is a little gym... which I hope to find next time I come back, as the guy in the front desk told me that they may have soon.

It was nice seeing that the new GM kept the good things going on. My advice: Keep the club sandwich in the room service menu, and put mor coke in the minibar.

See you soon

Room Tip: If you can choose, get a room with a bath tube... it's a rare pleasure for tall people like me f...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Flawless T T
hotelsquare, General Manager at Hotel Square, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

We really want to thank you for taking the time to write this comment which help us improving our level of quality,

We appreciate the fact that you came back and notice all our modifications. As for your recommandation we will do our best to change them.

We will be pleased to welcome you soon again at Hotel Square, for your next booking, contact us directly at reservation@hotelsquare.com so we will be able to help you planing your trip.

Best regards.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

This is a wonderful, small luxury hotel off the beaten path. The location is right across Radio France and most of the clientele are VIPs and visitors to Radio France. If you are visiting Paris for the first time and want to be in the center of typical tourist attractions, this is not the ideal place for you. On the other hand, the location is ideal if you want a relatively calm oasis close to the Eiffel Tower and the 15th arrondisement (right across the bridge).

The hotel staff (especially a new Russian reception staff whose name I cannot recall) and the general manager (Vincent) in particular are absolutely wonderful and repeatedly went out of their way to be helpful. We had made an earlier reservation with the hotel directly. When I found a lower rate on commercial website just prior to arrival, they agreed to match the price AND upgraded both our rooms!! Believe me, this is NOT typical of most Paris hotels.

We did not use the hotel restaurant as we had friends and family in the area. There is a fantastic cafe/brasserie across the street (Les Ondes) that serves fabulous croissants and A+++ coffee in the mornings. Highly recommend. The hotel has a modern design that can be a plus to some and a negative to others. The rooms are generally quiet and have a warm feel, but this also means that they can be a bit dark at night with the lighting being a bit too weak and too "soothing". We asked for extra lights and the staff accomodated us without a problem. The other reviewers' comments about the regular rooms being too dark are accurate, but this is mainly because of the wall paper colors and lack of strong lamps in the rooms. I hope the management will consider this when they do their next renovations / design changes. The deluxe rooms are somewhat small for what one would expect in a 5-star Paris hotel and they also suffer from not having a proper wall shower (ie it is a hand-held shower in the tub that can be attached to the wall). The suites (we had one of the smaller ones) are fantastic with a superb bath / shower and plenty of space. The final price / quality ratio for our two rooms was absolutely outstanding and we will definitely stay there again since we have family in the area. One last note: the area across the bridge in the 15th arrondissement has improved immensely during the past 5 years and the new luxury shopping complex / movie theatres etc have added substantially to the area.

Room Tip: The suites are well worth the splurge, especially if you can get a reduced rate.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank xanadu1963
hotelsquare, General Manager at Hotel Square, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write this comment about the Hotel Square. We are glad that you appreciate that much, your stay with us.

All the details you gave to us through this comment will help us increase our level of service. Regarding the lightening we are trying to find the best solution. Ekatarina, Vincent and all our staff are pleased help you and guide you through your stay.

We hope to welcome you again at the Hotel Square and wish you the best for 2014.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I love the modern decor of the hotel, but what impressed me the most is the staff.
Before my stay, I sent email to the hotel asking for good pastry stores nearby as I was desperately searching for millefeuille birthday cake for my boyfriend. Pierre Hermes has delivery but with quite an expensive charge compared with the price of the pastry itself. So I ask the hotel if there are any other options, and to my huge surprise, the staff offer to get a pastry for me! That's what I call exceptional.

I didn't need their help in getting the pastry in the end. But then they give us another surprise by leaving a small can of tea and a very lovely birthday card in the room to greet us upon our arrival. I was so touched,

During our stay, I got sick due to cold weather in paris and want to drink hot water to sooth the syndromes at night. There is no water broiler in the room. However, the staff brings pots of hot water to my room, without making me feel that I am causing any trouble to them.

We were the worst customers and were late for check out but the reception lady and the bell boy still greet us with great smile. I feel really sorry and grateful for everything they have done for us. I will definitely recommend hotel square to all my friends visiting paris.

Room Tip: We had the ivory/grey room and we loved it. They have other color themes too, you may try to request...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
hotelsquare, Manager at Hotel Square, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this comment about our hotel. We are very glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us.

It was a pleasure to help you with all your needs and we hope that next time you will not be sick so you can enjoy Paris at its own value.

We will be pleased to welcome you again at Hotel Square.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Great place, i have spend four nights there, the staff is really friendly and helpful, design is great, the restaurant named Zebra Square offers a really good quality of food.
The spa Nuxe is great.
As I booked direclty with the hotel, they booked a private taxi for me, this way i didn't have to wait at the airport.
The hotel is closed to the Eiffel tower and the Trocadero ( 5 minutes by bus) two of the mains place to visit is Paris.
I really recommended this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
hotelsquare, General Manager at Hotel Square, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write this comment about our hotel. We are very glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us.

We will be more than happy to welcome you again in our hotel.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

This is considered a 5 star "Small Luxury Hotels of the World". Rooms were fine but extremely dark and no way to have adequate light by which to read. Our breakfast; petite dejuner was included and was quite good and very abundant.
Only 5 star I have stayed in where the bar is unable to furnish single malt scotch or Irish Coffee or a choice of vodkas. Location is okay.
The staff is extraordinary. They are helpful, attentive and always right on with maps, reservations etc. I cannot say enough good things about the staff.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for reading light.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank dunven
hotelsquare, Directeur général at Hotel Square, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

We want to thank you for your positive comments about our hotel and especially concerning our staff. However we want to apologies once again for the lack of choice in our bar. Please be sure that a great selection of whiskies will be offered to you during your next stay with us.

Kindest reagards,

Reviewed 10 October 2013

So here's the deal with Hotel Square. The rooms are clean, well appointed and comfortable. The WiFi never works (seriously, if you're a business traveler and need Internet access, bring a hot spot but even that will be slow). It's a bit out of the way but there are convenient rail and Metro stops. The front desk is very friendly but not very knowledgable (We asked for some nearby restaurants and were directed to go past the Eifel Tower, over a mile away. We went on Tripadvisor and found 3 directly across the street.) We asked for a pack of matches and got them 3 days later.

So, if you're self sufficient and don't mind being a little bit out of the way, this is a decent option.

P.S. - There's a grocery store half a block away which is always a nice option in Paris.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Glen S
hotelsquare, Directeur général at Hotel Square, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

Dear Sir, Madam,

We are more than concerned about our service. Please accept our apologies for the Wifi malfunction. The problem came from the Internet provider and not from our installation. It works perfectly today but once again we completely understand your annoyance. We thank you for your comments about our staff and the recommendation of restaurants. There are indeed many restaurants around the hotel. However, we try to find other areas to our customers who want to discover Paris.

Kindest regards,