Hotel Square
US$347
US$283
Official Site
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel WO - Wilson Opera(Paris)
US$185
US$241
US$233
Orbitz.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsradio franceeiffel towermarble bathfull service hotelclassy hoteltrain stationlarge bathroomspent nightsi highly recommend this hotelperfect hotelcentral parisslhseinetaxiluxuryrerkey
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Just got back from a trip that included Hotel Square....
The hotel is quite elegant, to be sure. But what was truly exceptional was the staff. Every single person was helpful, courteous and accommodating.
However- extra special kudos go to Marie Line.
Here is the story: on the day that we arrived, I was horrified to discover that I had left one of our bags in the back seat of the taxi.
Marie called the hotel we had just come from to get the name of the taxi service they had booked for us, then called the taxi company....and to make a long story short, tracked down the bag. Within three hours of our arrival, Voila!!!: the taxi company delivered the bag back to us at Hotel Square! What are the chances of that happening in New York? And all because Marie jumped on the problem, and helped to get it solved!
Alors: merci, merci a vous, Marie, et a toute les personnel de Hotel Square!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
hotelsquare, Directeur général at Hotel Square, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this comment.

We are really proud of our staff and comment like this just make us more proud of them, hospitality is about service and devotion, core value of our team at Hotel Square.

For your next visit please contact us directly through reservation@hotelsquare.com so we will help you plan your journey in Paris.

Looking forward to welcome you again soon at the Hotel Square.

E. Daehn

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Enjoyed my first stay at this hotel. As noted in a number of other reviews, the staff was quite friendly and helpful. The hotel itself was great….very updated, clean and well-appointed. There are any number of restaurants and interesting looking cafes within easy walking distance from the hotel, as is the Eiffel Tower and the Seine. The only drawback I found was poor wifi coverage (also noted in other reviews). When I asked if there were any issues, the staff helped me to try and access wifi from my iPad to no avail. When I returned that evening, there was a note in my room with instructions for how to access a different wifi option. Nice initiative and customer focus from the staff; unfortunately the second option did not work in my room either, but A for effort and going the extra step to meet a guests needs.

I will definitely stay there again on my next trip to Paris.

Room Tip: Maybe specify desire to have a room with good wifi reception
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
hotelsquare, General Manager at Hotel Square, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear madam, dear sir,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this helpful comment.
As you probably know we are very proud of our dedicated staff, they are doing their best to help the guests and fit with their expectations.

Regarding the wifi connexion, we are really sorry for the inconvenience and we are still trying to find the best solution as we have very thick walls. But be sure that the next time it will be fixed.

Please for your next trip, contact us directly through this email reservation@hotelsquare.com and remind us this conversation.

We will be pleased to welcome you again very soon and stay at your entire disposal.

E. Daehn

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Great attention to detail, welcoming pastries in the room and a local tea to take away as a NYE present with a personal note left in the room.
Staff are very easy to approach.
Down side-15-20 minutes walk before you see more life, so it is a little out of the centre where there are shops and bars so gets very quiet in the evening. Has views of the Effiel Tower and would recommend a chauffeur driven car around the twinkling sites of Paris one evening as a treat-cost about €40 with in car ipad music of your choice and drinks.

Room Tip: Try to be higher than 2nd floor as we could hear the traffic
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ango S
hotelsquare, General Manager at Hotel Square, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this comment.
Each day offers us new possibilities to improve our service, we are very proud of our dedicated team.
Your tips for our upcoming guest will be really useful.

For your next visit please contact us directly via reservation@hotelsquare.com so we would help you organize and customize your trip in Paris.

We are looking forward to eating from you soon.

Kindest regards.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

It's been almost a year since I last stayed in Hotel Square, and I must say that it was very nice coming back.

This time I stayed in a Classic Square room instead of a Deluxe, but the size of the room was still quite big and the amenities and comfort were the same.

I adore their shampoo and body lotion as well as the white marble bathroom with their abnormally big bath tube.

The staff was as nice as last time, and despite I saw new faces in the team all of them were extremely friendly.

As good points I have to say that the breakfast improved drastically since last time, and the concierge service was incredibly helpful when asking them about directions in Paris.

Wifi was working perfectly well so I could work from my room (not as in many other hotels where I have to go down to the bar to send my emails and work late at night). No pens in the room though... just the pencil... which wasn't a big deal.

Towels and bed sheets we inmaculate and as last time fresh flowers everywhere.

In my oppinion, the only thing missing is a little gym... which I hope to find next time I come back, as the guy in the front desk told me that they may have soon.

It was nice seeing that the new GM kept the good things going on. My advice: Keep the club sandwich in the room service menu, and put mor coke in the minibar.

See you soon

Room Tip: If you can choose, get a room with a bath tube... it's a rare pleasure for tall people like me finding a bath tube big enough for me where to relax, after a long day walking Paris, with the jazz music selection that this guys have in each room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Flawless T T
hotelsquare, General Manager at Hotel Square, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

We really want to thank you for taking the time to write this comment which help us improving our level of quality,

We appreciate the fact that you came back and notice all our modifications. As for your recommandation we will do our best to change them.

We will be pleased to welcome you soon again at Hotel Square, for your next booking, contact us directly at reservation@hotelsquare.com so we will be able to help you planing your trip.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

This is a wonderful, small luxury hotel off the beaten path. The location is right across Radio France and most of the clientele are VIPs and visitors to Radio France. If you are visiting Paris for the first time and want to be in the center of typical tourist attractions, this is not the ideal place for you. On the other hand, the location is ideal if you want a relatively calm oasis close to the Eiffel Tower and the 15th arrondisement (right across the bridge).

The hotel staff (especially a new Russian reception staff whose name I cannot recall) and the general manager (Vincent) in particular are absolutely wonderful and repeatedly went out of their way to be helpful. We had made an earlier reservation with the hotel directly. When I found a lower rate on commercial website just prior to arrival, they agreed to match the price AND upgraded both our rooms!! Believe me, this is NOT typical of most Paris hotels.

We did not use the hotel restaurant as we had friends and family in the area. There is a fantastic cafe/brasserie across the street (Les Ondes) that serves fabulous croissants and A+++ coffee in the mornings. Highly recommend. The hotel has a modern design that can be a plus to some and a negative to others. The rooms are generally quiet and have a warm feel, but this also means that they can be a bit dark at night with the lighting being a bit too weak and too "soothing". We asked for extra lights and the staff accomodated us without a problem. The other reviewers' comments about the regular rooms being too dark are accurate, but this is mainly because of the wall paper colors and lack of strong lamps in the rooms. I hope the management will consider this when they do their next renovations / design changes. The deluxe rooms are somewhat small for what one would expect in a 5-star Paris hotel and they also suffer from not having a proper wall shower (ie it is a hand-held shower in the tub that can be attached to the wall). The suites (we had one of the smaller ones) are fantastic with a superb bath / shower and plenty of space. The final price / quality ratio for our two rooms was absolutely outstanding and we will definitely stay there again since we have family in the area. One last note: the area across the bridge in the 15th arrondissement has improved immensely during the past 5 years and the new luxury shopping complex / movie theatres etc have added substantially to the area.

Room Tip: The suites are well worth the splurge, especially if you can get a reduced rate.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank xanadu1963
hotelsquare, General Manager at Hotel Square, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write this comment about the Hotel Square. We are glad that you appreciate that much, your stay with us.

All the details you gave to us through this comment will help us increase our level of service. Regarding the lightening we are trying to find the best solution. Ekatarina, Vincent and all our staff are pleased help you and guide you through your stay.

We hope to welcome you again at the Hotel Square and wish you the best for 2014.

Kindest regards.