“Love this hotel!”

Ranked #870 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Arlington, Texas
“Love this hotel!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

The rooms were a little smaller than expected but this was our first trip to Europe so I think we just didn't know what to expect. The service was superb and food for breakfast was delicious! Big bonus that this is walking distance to all the great shops and not far from champs élysées! Very safe neighborhood. Really really loved this hotel. We will be back

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Haley M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Our family had 2 rooms in this hotel for 3 nights in mid-June. The hotel is great - the rooms are lovely, very comfortable and quiet. The lobby and bar area are spotless and beautiful. We didn't eat in the restaurant, so I can't comment on the food. Our wi-fi was free for the entire stay (you just have to follow the instructions the staff provides). Moreover, the staff at this hotel is excellent. The Concierge we worked with, Pascal, is the best in his field. He was so kind and accommodating to us, going out of his way to help us secure some pretty specific requests. We are looking forward to returning to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Philadelphia
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We just returned from a week-long stay, and all our expectations were exceeded. The front desk staff were great from the moment we walked in the door. The room was lovely, comfortable and spotless. The lobby is very nice and the bar is beautiful. The location - on a quiet street but convenient to everything by walk/metro - was a real plus.
All of that would have gotten 4 stars, but what moved this to a 5-star review was the chief concierge, Denis. Not only a font of information and great advice, after a short chat Denis was amazingly attuned to us, and what we like. His suggestions took us to places we would never have gone, and ended up being highlights of our trip. He is a gem, and his assistants are excellent.

Room Tip: Our courtyard view meant our room was extra quiet, which we appreciated.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jeremy M
East Coast
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This hotel is well appointed, beautiful lobby, excellent restaurant and classy bar. High service standards. Very well located. You can walk to many attractions.My room was very good, perhaps a trifle small by U.S. standards, but nicely done. The hotel is a little pricy, but sometimes a splurge is good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights. Using the internet you needed to sign in with your room number. I found entertainment web sites were blocked and when I checked out I was hit with a 47 euro bill as I picked the daily rate.
Concerning the room, the TV had 99 international channels, at least 10 in English. The wardrobe had many hangers and wonderful light over the sink. The shower had good water pressure. Breakfast was good but the layout took some getting used to as the cereal & fruit is in different place from the bowls; the same thing for juice vs. glasses and bread vs. plates.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank e10750law
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Pros: Safe area, very close to embassies and the English Church. Quite at night.
Cons: Decor tired. Service in general, record keeping and replacement of complimentary water, gel etc. And for the wifi to be actually free.
Location: Not lots of tourist things on the doorstep, but a short walk to most. Good business location.
The positives: nice area (business area rather than tourist), reasonable sized rooms for Paris, bed very comfortable and lovely clean crisp sheets. I am very willing to forgive the poor airconditioning given the age of the building. However, the 'free wifi' was limited to 30 mins per day - not so good if you want to look up places to go, let alone work! Very disappointing. Not replacing the complimentary water, nor the bathroom shower gel was stingy in my opinion. Finally when we checked out, we were suddenly told that we hadn't paid! When I produced an on-line statement with all the relevant details, I was made to wait for 15 mins for a receptionist to return, only to be told that I would then have to wait for a manager to discuss this matter. After waiting some more, when I pointed out that I was in danger of missing my travel connections home, was it finally accepted that we had paid. No 'sorry', just a dismissive shrug. Overall expensive for what it was, and the humiliating ending means that I would certainly not go back again.

Room Tip: Not this hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ali W
Paris, France
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Many can point you in the direction of sights, restaurants of your choosing, arrange transport etc. which is very helpful. My stay at the beginning of May 2014 met with a serious dental problem. Within 30 minutes I was at an excellent practice being treated. Guide books can help us plan most of our trip. But a foreign country, an illness...well to me that's when you REALLY need help and quickly. This was just one instance. I have stayed at L'Astor many times, many hotels in many countries. The Concierge at this hotel is without doubt the best that has ever helped me with all those problems or questions that arise.

...and the hotel is in a quiet street in the fashionable 8th Ar, recently updated with a great restaurant, typically French in style. I couldn't ask for more. A great base for your Paris trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business