“Friendly, spacious, well-located, and very French”

L'Edmond Hotel, Paris
Ranked #514 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Keswick, Virginia
“Friendly, spacious, well-located, and very French”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Wonderful staff with personal service. Good value. We had a family room that easily accomodated two adults and two young children for over a week stay at a price that was very competitive given the quality and location of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I don’t normally leave hotel reviews but in this case I thought I must share my experiences.
Pros:
-The location is pretty good with many places to eat and a local market. There aren't many tourists in sight so you are able to appreciate the French culture and speak some French to the locals.

Cons:
-The hotel is average, in my opinion it is a low end 4 star.
- Our room was quite small and the cupboards were in poor condition. The room had a street view which basically means it is very noisy
- Also, the service was quite bad...
I asked for a robe and it arrived a couple of hours later because the assistant had "forgotten" about it.
-The cleaner left her things in our room, a sheet with the names of all the hotel guests.
-When I expressed that I was disappointed with the cleaner because of this and because she threw away my shopping receipt , the staff was very rude and instead of apologising for the inconvenience, gave me a lecture on how to store my receipts and also lectured me on how the cleaning is done at 4 & 5 star hotels, it was quite condescending as if it had been my first time staying in a higher end hotel
I travel to Paris every year and I won’t be returning to L’edmond

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank J_R_Pierre
Ledmond2011, Responsable réception at L'Edmond Hotel, Paris, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Sir,

We thank you for your comments and we regret sincerely your disappointment about your stay in our Hotel.

First of all, we would like to let you know that all our rooms are equipped with double glazed window and the smallest room in our hotel is 22m² which is the size of a classic room.

Furthermore we deplore that you informed us about your discommode only upon departure.

It is our duty to find the best solutions for our guests in order to make their stay the most delightful.

Juliette
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed unfortunately only one night in this pleasant hotel where everybody were so helpful and kind, thanks a lot to the lady who despite of my late arrival remade my bed in a double bed instead of a twin initially book by mistake.
Very good location, many restaurants and bars all around.
Will come back

• Stayed December 2013
Brescia, Italy
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

I was in Paris for a business trip and our assistant, not finding rooms in another hotel where we are used to stay, found this great location. Rooms are cool, service is great, reception staff very kind the only thing missing is a more rich breakfast, for the price we paid probably this was the "cherry on the cake" we missed to rank the hotel at the very top! Anyway warmly suggested!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Spent a couple of days with my kids, spacious, well furnished and very cleaned room. Good location, walking distance from many tourist sites. Friendly front desk staff, helpful and kind housekeeping staff specially the very patient and courageous lady the main housekeeper named Lyn who cleaned our room.
Thanks and will recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

We'll situated, stone throw distance from the Arc de Triumph, all around small cafés, restaurants and shops. Very cleaned and furnished room, friendly and helpful staff. Housekeeping very professional " Special thanks to Lynda who take care of our room during our stay"
Will recommend and will come back again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I spent a weekend with my girlfriend in this hotel. Our room was just fine well decorated, furnished and especially well cleaned. Staff very helpful, the Gouvernante was nice, she cleaned our room even thought we left late " thanks ". Many cafés and restaurants walking distance.
We shall be back for another romantic WE in this hotel and definitely recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple