Victoria Palace
Hotel Le Six(Paris)
US$334
US$309
  • Room Service
Mercure Paris Bastille Marais(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$181
Official Site
US$411
US$389
  • Room Service
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$163
US$211
US$178
  • Restaurant
All reviewsjunior suiterue de rennesst placideleft bankmarble bathroomquiet streettravel agentfront desk staffmontparnasse arearooms are largebeautiful hotelshopping and restaurantsinner courtyardside streetminute walkrestaurant recommendationsking bed
Reviewed 2 July 2013

What a fabulous place to stay, central to alot but far enough away to enjoy some quietness in the city. The bed was quite hard so if staying I would request a soft one but the atmosphere, the cleanliness & excellent staff made this an enjoyable start to our Europe vacation. The breakfast buffet is good & the whole vibe of this typical French Hotel is second to none. The staff we more than happy to assist with maps, bookings and good places to eat I cannot fault them especially as I was looking for that 'French" arrogance you hear about & didn't see it once.

Room Tip: Ask for a soft bed as they are very firm to say the least
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I loved my stay at Victoria Palace, despite the cold, distant staff. The hotel is "very French," and you definitely feel like you're in Paris. Staff members definitely don't go out of their way to be helpful or polite, which is disappointing, but from my understanding that's generally the norm here. The hotel is quite close to the subway, and it's walking distance from many attractions. If you're heading in from CDG, take the RER B to Port Royal and walk about 20 minutes. The hotel can be quite difficult to find without a map, so plan accordingly. My room rate included breakfast, so I went every day, though the spread is fairly light and the quality is fine, but not spectacular. There are quite a few dining options just a few blocks away ... I very highly recommend "Le Parc aux Cerfs."

Room Tip: The junior suites are quite nice, though they're not enormous by any means.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2013

If you are after a really genuine French experience the decor and the vibe of this hotel is truly great. The staff are so courteous and helpful we are still waiting to meet the arrogant French we have heard about! The buffet breakfast is small but satisfying but does sometimes get emptied quite early so if you are a late riser beware! We meet lots of other guests from different countries and all of them rated the hotel highly. It is located in the Saint Germain area and is an easy walk to everything. Across the street is a little cafe with some really funny interesting owners who were keen to hear about us and tell us their travel stories in return. All in all a great experience.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be very similar but make sure you stipulate whether you are happy with twin beds or not as this is common in Europe.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2013

The Victoria Palace is a lovely hotel and the staff were extremely helpful. Just be aware that the mattresses they use are those rock hard ones that feel like you are sleeping on a plank of wood. Luckily they were able to add a pillow like piece to it and so I then spent more comfortable nights.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Karyn S
Reviewed 1 June 2013

This is an absolutely wonderful hotel. It is about half way between St. Germain and Montparnasse, on a quiet side street, away from the hustle and bussle of the touristic center, but close enough to be convenient to everything. There are two metro stops within a 5 minute walk, and you about 10 minutes walk from the Luxembourg Gardens. The hotel is charming. The rooms are amazingly spacious, comfortalbe, lovely and quiet. The bathrooms are of marble and are also spacious and modern. My room faced on the interior courtyard. Not a goregeous view, but allowed plenty of light, and absolute quiet. It was decorated with provincial wall covering and matching curtains, a large flat screen TV, a writing desk and comfortable chair. The bed was beautifully made with an excellent mattress. My only minor critiques are that there were no easily accessible outlets for plugging in and charging my cell phone and computer, and, although the breakfast buffet was ample, I didn't think the croissant were up to my expectations for Paris. Nonetheless, I'll go back the next time I'm in Paris, and the next time after that. I loved this place.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business