Duminy Vendome
Hotel Le Six(Paris)
US$318
US$309
  • Room Service
Mercure Paris Bastille Marais(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$268
US$228
Official Site
  • Room Service
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$163
US$211
US$184
US$1,788
US$1,407
  • Pool
All reviewstuileries metro stationgreat locationrue de rivoliwalking distancecomfort roomheart of parisstay there againbreakfast was amazingtuileries gardenbreakfast room isroom was clean and comfortablearound the cornergood sizecentral locationlovely hotelfacing the streetlarge bathroom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed 3 nights with my wife in a Deluxe room. The room was comfortable and spacious. However, the bathroom was a little dated albeit very clean. I had a rather unpleasant experience though when I had a leak in my bathroom ceiling. I reported the problem to the front desk and it was taken care of in record speed. Compliments to the staff and the maintenance crew which was also very friendly. Although the hotel fixed the problem, I still find it unacceptable that the hotel did not make an effort to improve our stay since my wife and I each had water (I'm not sure from where) drip onto us while using our bathroom.
I had read reviews about noise and my room faced Rue du Mont Thabor so I was concerned, but I did not find it to be very noisy at all. There was a garbage truck that came by early in the morning, but it swiftly moved on and was not a concern. Also, I did not have any noise problems with the bars which abut the property.
The staff was really the most memorable part of the stay as each person was very pleasant and helpful (from the front desk, to the maintenance crew, to the dining staff). The breakfast was delicious and offered a variety of juices, meats, cheeses, yogurts and pastries, as well as eggs and sausages. The air conditioning worked fabulously as well - this is not so standard in Europe and it was appreciated in the June heat.
The location of the hotel is really nice. All in all we would likely stay here again, but I would definitely shop around. They could have made me a lifer but I can't completely agree with the way the plumbing leak was handled in my room.

Room Tip: The Deluxe room was spacious but I cannot compare to standard room since I did not stay in one. The air conditioner worked fabulously.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hotel_Duminy, Responsable réception at Duminy Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear David,

Thank you very much for sharing your feelings about your recent stay at the Duminy Vendôme.
It’s a pleasure for us to read that you enjoyed your Parisian stay, and appreciated the location of the hotel.

We feel sorry that you have experienced a technical problem in your bathroom. However, we are glad to read that you found our reception and technical team handled this quickly and properly.

As you mentioned Mont Thabor Street where our hotel is located is usually quiet.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next trip to Paris.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed for 4 nights in a deluxe room and found the room very comfortable and spacious for Paris.The staff were very friendly, attentive and were always on hand to make our stay an enjoyable & memorable one. Great location for easy access to the main tourist attractions.
To put it simply, the hotel offered great value for money, perfect location to explore Paris, friendly staff and very a satisfying breakfast. Will definitely re-book this hotel in the future for my stay in Paris.Having been to Paris multiple times over the years its nice to find a hotel which I can come back to without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Andy,

Thank you very much for your comments about your recent stay at the Duminy Vendôme in Paris.

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and benefited from its central location.

Thank you for your kind compliment about our staff who is always trying to make your stay the most enjoyable possible,

We look forward to welcoming you and your family again on your next trip to Paris.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Hotel Duminy Vendome is a lovely hotel. We stayed there in May. We were able to access our room even though we arrived very early, at 9 am. The staff are welcoming and helpful. Our Deluxe Room 408 was spacious and spotlessly clean. The bathroom is also a good size. The Hotel is no more than 10 minutes walk from the Louvre, Park Tuille the Obelisk, the Opera, so an excellent location. Unfortunately the walls are paper thin and you can hear the people in the next room talking. Our room faced the road and the noise on the road outside our window never stopped, with garbage trucks emptying bins in the early hours and people shouting at night. You could sleep with the windows shut which dulls the noise. The included breakfast was great, good choices and a lovely breakfast room. If it wasn't for the thin walls I'd give it a 5* rating.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper a room away from the street would be better.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sirs,

As you mentioned hotel Duminy is a good spot for visitors who wish to see the highlights of the city easily.

If the room is ready at guest arrival they can of course access it immediately even if it before 3pm. Otherwise, we have a storage room to keep your luggage until the room is ready and coffee and tea facilities at the bar.

Asking for a room facing the courtyard (if available) is a good option for light sleepers who wish to have a very quiet night.

Our entire team thanks you for your nice compliments.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is my second stay at the Duminy. Twelve years apart. Excellent property. Clean everything - rooms, lounge, entry, breakfast area - all in excellent repair. Superior staff! Multilingual! We stayed 6 nights. During that time the staff assisted with directions, ensured we were notified by a personal card, not voice mail, of a change in our airport shuttle for the day we were leaving. The food was quite good for breakfast. One day we had to be at the tour company at 0630, the same time breakfast started. At 0600, we had a "take away" provided with hit coffee, cream, croissants, napkins which we ate in the ground floor lounge. This service was offered to us, not requested! If and when I get back to Paris, I will definitely stay here again.

A few more points. Louvre, 10 minute walk; grocery, 8 minute walk; Musee de Orsay, 10 minute walk; Musee de Orangerie 10 minute walk; Eiffel Tower, 30 minute walk; Cathédrale du Notre Dame, 30 minute walk. Carr's Irish Pub, if you need an "English" fix, next door. Rivoli Park Tavern, around the corner. You get the picture.

Room Tip: Standard room is excellent.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much for your lovely review posted on TripAdvisor.
It is a real pleasure to read that you had a wonderful stay amongst us 12 years after your first visit at the Duminy-Vendome and that you enjoyed our little attention such as breakfast bags in the early morning before your tour or personal message in your room.
We are very grateful that you noticed the quality of service, staff and cleanness of our rooms; we always do our best to please our guests.
Be sure that your compliment has been shared with the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

With Warm Regards

Lucie D.
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I spent nearly 2.5 days researching & agonising over accommodation in Paris, trying to find a place that was in a great location, reasonably nice and not going to break the bank... then I finally found Duminy Vendome. I accidentally booked the wrong dates, but the staff were very helpful and fixed up my error so quickly. Duminy Vendome was exactly what I was looking for and I'll definitely be back :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank nic_clement
Hotel_Duminy, Responsable réception at Duminy Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,
All the team wants to thank you for taking the time to share your impressions about your stay at the hotel.
We are very attentive to the comfort of our customers and it is always a pleasure to see that our efforts are rewarded. We are glad to see that you enjoyed the Duminy-Vendome.
We would like to thank you for your kind recommendation and we are sincerely looking forward to welcoming you soon!
Kind regards,