“We loved this place!”

Eiffel Kennedy Hotel
Ranked #362 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Charming room, small but definitely well-kept and clean with all the necessary items. The television had good reception and a fair number of channels to select from. Our room had a lovely window with flowers in the box and an indirect view of the Tower. The bathroom was surprisingly large and obviously the result of a fairly recent refurbishment, with plenty of hot water – it was delightful! The breakfast was superb! I simply cannot recommend highly enough that you just add this to your room. It is served in what appears to be an old wine cellar room downstairs, and is well decorated to enhance the cozy Parisian feel. The selections are quite nice, and if you wish to add something such as a special prepared egg, that is available for a very nominal charge. The front desk staff truly completes your stay by always smiling, always helpful, and with a “whatever you need, we will get it” attitude. Cups and a kettle were on our list and were quickly delivered to us – "wait here and I will get it right away" – and he did! I absolutely recommend them. There is a great little restaurant next door for late night dinners with a very pleasant staff that truly completed our great stay here.

Room Tip: We asked for a room with a window that opened and a flower box (the result of reading other reviews...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Grammy L

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I chose this hotel as a balance on price and location for our 1 night stay in Paris for dinner in the Eiffel Tower. The hotel was easy to find and not far from the nearest Metro. The lady on the desk at check in was very friendly and polite and made sure we had all the information we needed. The room was indeed very compact but clean, comfortable and very tastefully decorated. The bathroom was well appointed and the shower was easy to work with excellent water pressure - the hairdryer did leave a bit to be desired though!
The weather was lovely for our evening so we chose to walk to the Eiffel Tower - even with my very high heels and time taken to stop for photos we only took 30 minutes to get there. The hotel is just one short block from the river and you can walk most of the way along Swan Island which was very pleasant.
Maybe if I was staying longer and would have more luggage I would look for a different option but, for this occasion it suited us perfectly.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BucksMum2409
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My stay at this hotel was superbly pleasant!

The owner was extremely pleasant & helpful. He gave us a warm welcome on the day we arrived, and allowed us to check in early as there were rooms available. We received a map with detailed explanation of places of interests, and we were all set for our holiday.

The location is good, ~ 6-10 minutes walk from the nearest Metro (Line 9 - Ranelagh), safe surroundings, a wonderful bakery just opposite, a convenience store within a stone throw, and a Cafe downstairs that serves decent food.

Room was small, but normal by Paris standard. The bathroom was clean, water pressure was high, and the air con does help when the room gets a bit stuffy. We were also given the highest floor, facing Eiffel Tower, so it was really nice to look out the window at a certain angle at night and see the beautiful icon light up and twinkle.

All in all, a highly recommended hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest floor, room facing Eiffel Tower for a great view of the icon especially at night...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gan Y
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We stayed at the Eiffel Kennedy for 5 nights in September. The hotel is in an area of Paris that I was not entirely familiar with from previous visits but the location worked quite well. It is not a heavily touristy area (which is nice) and you can do a nice walk around the area to see some parks without bumping into other tourists.

There is 24hour hotel concierge and you leave your room key at the front desk every time you leave. Everyone on the desk were always very helpful in suggesting information and would humour me with speaking in french until my french failed me and we had to revert back to english (which was great for me to practice). The Metro is a 10min walk away, though we took the bus more often. The bus is a 5min walk away (opposite direction from the metro) and if you catch the number 72 bus it was a 2euro ticket that takes you along Avenue de President Kennedy all the way along the major sites that you can hop off at - so we found this a nicer and easier way of getting around than the Metro. There is a pharmacy, patisserie, bottle shop across the road and there is a supermarket a short 2 blocks down the road towards the bus stop - so quite a convenient area!

Rooms were on the smaller side, and I think we probably had one of the smaller rooms. It was not really space to comfortably fit yourself for anything longer than a few nights maybe, but we managed and put one of the suitcases in the small wardrobe so it was out of the way...though you probably couldn't do that with with all suitcases as mine was a slimline version. It was just a bit too tight a squeeze for my liking towards the end - but hey thats pretty common in Paris.

Finally, this isn't related to the hotel, but do yourself a favour and walk down the road (again in the direction towards the bus stop) and there is a restaurant called L'ogre which was one of my favourite nights in Paris. The staff were absolutely lovely, tried their best english on and the food was AMAZING...best restaurant experience I have had in a long time. It isn't cheap - but it isn't expensive either I think 72euro for 2 people including several glasses of wine, several plates and desserts. It also has a partially obstructed view of the eiffel tower so that was a treat when it lit up on the hour.

All in all a decent enough stay in a great location.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank HolidayDaydreamer
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I spent 4 nights at this hotel during a trip to Paris with my boyfriend.

I would say this hotel is an “average plus” hotel, our room was clean and the size, well, most of the hotel rooms in Paris is small and the rooms in this hotel is no exception.

As for the location – do not let the name Eiffel fool you. The hotel is not that close to the Eiffel Tower. We used about 30 minutes when we walked from the hotel to the tower. If you want to go to the “city centre” you should hail a cab or use the train (7- 8 minutes walk to the subway). I personally felt like the hotel was a bit “far” from everything.

The staff at the hotel was polite, but did not speak English very well. This led to some misunderstandings. When we checked in to the hotel we were told that breakfast was included in what we had paid for our stay, but when we checked out we were told to pay. Breakfast was expensive, considering the small selection they offered.

I would not mind staying at this hotel again, but I would probably look for something else for my next visit. I would prefer a hotel with a better location and perhaps slightly bigger rooms.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KrissandIrene
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We were very disappointed by our stay at this hotel after seeing some good reviews. We had a room on the top floor by the lift and it was very noisy the whole time we were there. The room was also depressingly small. The bathroom is in decent quite new condition, but the bedroom was quite shabby.

After one night we had to return home for a family emergency but were told that our payment for the second night could not be returned "as these were the rules". Very little sympathy was shown (as in none).

Although it is in a good location and fairly reasonably priced (not cheap for what it is). This is not a hotel that we would consider staying in again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank NWSLondon
Reviewed 9 September 2013

This hotel is clean and well maintained. The staff, particularly the reception staff, are very friendly and helpful. My lack of French was no problem here as everyone seems to have more than adequate English! Rooms are on the small side, but perfectly adequate for Paris. Bathrooms have been newly renovated, with excellent over-bath shower. Mini-bar with fridge, but no tea/coffee making facilities (I took a travel kettle). The room Air Con is welcome, particularly at night. Free Wi-Fi was a boon. Breakfasts, at €10 per person, were adequate. Location is excellent, being close to the Metro and RER stations, and a pleasant 15 minute walk from the Eiffel Tower. Taxi from Porte Maillot (Ryanair) was €10 for 2 people. Overall, a small but excellent hotel, well located. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple