We spent 5 nights at this hotel when we revisited Paris after 12 years (our previous visit was on our honeymoon), and cannot really fault it but it wasn't any better than many other hotels we have stayed at.
The name is misleading; my wife booked it after assuming it would be near the Eiffel Tower, a place we remember fondly and like to visit. Somewhere somebody had reported that it was only a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel to the Tower, but when we walked there it took a good 25-30 minutes. Now, we don't mind walking, and the walk is generally very pleasant with nice views of the Tower for most of the hike, as well as other landmarks and bridges. But saying it's a 15 minute walk is not accurate. If you like walking, then this hotel isn't hugely far away, and walking on the East bank of the river is the way to go, in my opinion.
The staff were satisfactory, but didn't put themselves out overmuch. We are used to walking into a hotel lobby to be greeted by someone at the desk with a simple "good day" (in whatever language), but most of the time here the staff were either not at the desk or didn't bother to speak. Having said that, they were quite polite and attentive when spoken to.
The room we had (205) was a good size, there was a free safe, TV, fridge/bar, the shower was fine (temperature constant), beds (two pushed together - this is not unusual for hotels) comfortable and cleanliness OK. We didn't have breakfast, as we prefer to get something from the nearby boulangeries or supermarches and find somewhere (a park or the like) to eat it. We didn't dine there at night either, as we like to do our own thing (usually a picnic in the Champs de Mars, with a bottle of something, French bread, pate, cheese, etc.), which we first did on our honeymoon.
So, to conclude, the hotel was fine; nothing special but then not dreadful either. It has its own four star rating, but we think that was stretching it a little bit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel, located in the popular 16th arrondissement of Paris, provides an ideal location for your business affairs, trade shows and conventions. Just a 10-minute car ride from the Porte de Versailles exhibition centre and famous business headquarters (Maison de la radio, cap 15, MWbrands), the hotel is also situated near many tourist attractions (near Roland Garros stadium, Parc des Princes, Auteuil racetrack, Eiffel Tower...). In addition to its 94 comfortable and luminous rooms, the hotel has a private car park and is located in a quiet setting between residential neighbourhoods and private gardens. Our hotel, close to the Eiffel Tower, is also near a network of public transportation enabling you to easily discover Paris, while still taking advantage of your stay in a peaceful setting. Our Restaurant, Le Bistrot Mirabeau, provides a simple snack-bar menu every day from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. to spice up your stay with us. The hotel often has a piano available to initiate musical evenings in a peaceful and friendly atmosphere. Weather permitting, a terrace is available to start your day out right with a complete breakfast or relax with a drink after a full day of activity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Auteuil Tour Eiffel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Libertel Auteuil Tour Eiffel Hotel Paris
- Libertel Auteuil Tour Eiffel Paris
- Auteuil Tour Eiffel