“it was okay”

Pavillon Opera Bourse
Ranked #674 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 9 July 2011

We stayed here for 5 nights - some of the staff was helpful and polite. At one point the receptionist was lying on the lobby sofa in the middle of the afternoon. strange...Good location. Had a suite but the air-con didn't work. they didn't have wifi in the room or within the building as mentioned. breakfast was okay. I came in from Switzerland where people and service was excellent so maybe I expected the same in Paris - Its okay - would I stay here again - NO.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank mogee

Reviewed 9 December 2009

What we had to endure:

- Tiny rooms;
- Lousy cleaning, dust behind the door with months old, hands on the walls, carpet stained, etc;
- Terrible service overall, with non speking english staff...
- Breakfast with nothing to eat at 09:30h, 1 guest left to buy bread!!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank NFEF
Reviewed 29 October 2009

We went to Paris very recently and stayed at this hotel, the hotel was lovely as well as all the staff. Rooms were small but had everything you could need and more, beds were very comfortable with clean sheets, spare blankets and pillows if you needed them. Bathroom was ample, bath, shower, basin, w.c, hairdryer and shaving extension. Great views from balcony, The location was amongst Bistros, Resterants, nightlife etc so only a short walk to anywhere you would want to go, rooms all had double glazing so the outside street didnt effect our stay. We walked to all the top attractions from the hotel, e.g Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Mono Lisa, Tulleries Gardens. Breathtaking scenery and a plesent hotel at the end of everyday to go back to............what more could you want?

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lyndsey117
Reviewed 21 November 2008

me and my wife stayed for 4 nights and in my opinion the room's quality was nearly average(if not below).
the price was very good ,the breakfast also very good but after 08.30 it was overcrowed.i recomend this hotel just for those who need a cheap place for sleep.

2  Thank vasco051
Reviewed 28 July 2008

The room wasn't that large, but I didn't come to Paris to stay in a hotel room all day long. The location was pretty good, so I remember this hotel with a smile

• Stayed: April 2003
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank DBMilano
Reviewed 23 October 2007

first we arrived...and the suite we reserved, the more expensive, was occupied...then we discovered that it didn't exist... Before reserving by the net I called the reservation and I had been told that there were only one suite...so I choose "suite" in my reservation. It was just a way to take more money on internet reservation!!!Two young men at the reception were too tired to help me with the luggage...the safe case began to shout bip bip in the night, and nobody came! 36 hours later the bip bip were still here: I took off the case and brought it to the lobby...I don't want to forget the wet carpet in the bedroom because of bathroom problem and a kind of big black and white insect we found in the room. I will never come back there...I'd prefer to sleep in the street...

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank -Dame-aux-cles-
Reviewed 28 December 2006

We have just spent Christmas in this central and comfortable hotel. We'd read the reviews and were not sure what to expect, but once we'd recovered from the strange decor (art deco meets safari - be prepared for leopard skin fridge and zebra curtains) found the hotel to be comfortable, polite staff and nice little touches. The linen was replaced daily, room carefully cleaned, good ambient temperature, comfortable bed. The only thing that wasn't good was a shabby carpet, and the telephone didn't work (good mobile signal so no problem for us) - had we paid full price we might have complained but at the special offer price it was excellent value. Breakfast was included and was superb - every taste catered for, and the stylish breakfast room directly overlooks the Folies Bergere. It was quiet and very central, with lots of good places to eat nearby. We were very touched that on Christmas Eve we found in our room a card wishing us a merry Christmas & Happy 2007, with a lovely pack of hand made chocolates - a gift from the Management. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple