“bad”

Pavillon Porte de Versailles
Ranked #1,398 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Terrible.

-random man walked into room at 8am saw my colleague naked and just left without apologizing.
-no air con
-had fans but didnt work
-toilet didnt flush
-shower didnt work
-carpet on walls
-bedding smelt
-brown stains on bedding
-no lights in stairwell
-refilled water bottles in mini bar
-lock on door didn't work
-very tired looking interior
-dangerous tiny lift
-very rude staff, no complaints taken seriously
-generally unpleasant

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank littlemisstravel10

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We got this hotel through bidding on Priceline... Afterwards I came to trip advisor and started reading reviews and started having nightmares. I thought this was going to ruin our trip to Paris and I had nightmares of bedbugs. When we arrived I thoroughly checked under our beds looking for bed bugs and found none. Our hotel room was clean and no smaller then the other European hotels we stayed at. Our room was on the top floor and we had a lovely balcony which for the summer was fantastic. Is this a five star hotel by no means but I think it has gotten a very harsh response on this website and it really deserves some credit.

Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Katie W
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

Stay here for the weekend poised the place 3 as it looked very small.
On arrival that place stank, we were told there was a bar which there was not! The room itself was small very dusty the en was dirty and looked like it was thrown together.
And the safe on the room was locked which they fixed the night before we left. No mattress protector just a sheet and the base was stained.
The night desk worker knew nothing when we called to ask about the bar which was written in their book found in the rooms, there was a fridge with a few drinks 4 miniatures water and soft drink. No cost of these were visable. On leaving you have to pay a tax per day on a small bottle of water I drank which cost £4.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank matirl30
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I was the fortunate one that only had to see the rooms as I canceled my reservation 48 hours before staying at the hotel, but my business colleagues did and they regreted it immediately.

Rooms were small and needed a complete renovation and the levator - no chance if you have you plus anything bigger than a small bag...a real joke.

To make matters worse:

I cancelled my reservation beforetheir stated cancellation period but my credit card was still charged in full....the hotel nor the central reservation off ice of this group, have not acknowledged I canceled the reservation, have not refunded me or even sent a cancelation invoice for some reason not to refund!

I deal with hotels all over the world and this is pathetic!!

Do not use this hotel...I used a better one in the same area - check my review form September!! Extreme better quality, cheaper pricing - in fact the complete opposite of this dump.

3  Thank CliveB
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Do you like bed bugs causing you red itchy skin rashes for a few days? Well,then this is absolutely your hotel! That means if you can stand that the miniscule rooms are dirty and smelly, that the bathrooms are full with body hair from previous guests and that you can't bring a full size bag into the bucket-sized elevator. Location is great for conferences in this area, but so is sleeping in the nearby Metro station...

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
10  Thank GenevaTraveller007
Reviewed 27 September 2012

[--] this place. We didn't even book it...we tried to book another one of the Hotel de Paris locations and got funneled over to this crap hole. Several phone calls to the manager and they would not refund our money, so we had no choice. I woke up the first morning with bed bug bites all over the place. They, again, refused to move us to a different location or refund us any money. They gave us a different room (which also had bugs). We had also called ahead to ask about adding an extra bed for a friend of ours coming towards the end of the week. They said, no problem, 30 Euros a night would do it. When our friend showed up, they refused to allow us to have an extra bed and offered us an extra room for him at 80 Euros a night. We, again, had no choice - which was obviously their plan. Additionally, they tried to charge us for breakfast we did not eat at checkout. I will do whatever i can to screw this place...i am so angry and disgusted with how we were treated.

4  Thank jmsk78
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I was appalled at the shabbiness of this hotel. How it can justify charging 240 euros excluding breakfast is beyond me. I arrived and there was no-one in attendance. I was kept waiting 10 mins before someone turned up. My room was on the 4th floor but I couldn't bring myself to use the crummy lift. It was the size of a bucket and would have given me serious claustrophobia. So I lugged my case four floors up a dark and dingy spiral staircase.

The room was small but reasonably clean. It was over the street and the hum of vehicles kept me awake. There was no mirror in the room so I was unable to check my appearance before a business meeting. The bathroom was tiny with no surfaces for a wash bag or anything else.

I didn't want to descend into the dingy basement for breakfast which I read here was not worth the extra 8 euros, so I had a pleasant coffee, croissant and fresh orange juice for 6E at the bistro over the road.

Please please avoid! This hotel does not deserve to be in business. It's fleecing visitors due to its proximity to the exhibition centre.

This is the first trip advisor review I've written. I've never felt so strongly about a hotel stay before. Surely that speaks volumes?

2  Thank Alex J