We stayed in Paris for 2 nights in the start of Sep 2013. Luckily we met with great weather. The hotel was close to $300 per night, but was well worth it. Before booking through Agoda.com, I emailed a total of 3 hotels that has an Eiffel tower view from the room, all except this hotel could actually Guarantee the view. After booking, I emailed them saying to please get me the the best room with the view...... and they did!
They didn't give me the upgrade to the top floor that has the best view which is a suite, their best room, but they gave me room #51 which was a deluxe room, what I paid for. The hotel is centrally located in Trocadero, which is literally a 3 minute walk to the best view of the Eiffel Tower in Paris and about a 7 minute walk to the base of the Eiffel Tower. It was about 45 or so Euros from the CDG airport. Here are the highlights:
- upon arrival, the receptionist was extremely helpful and literaly carried our luggage to store behind the bar (felt a bit un-secure, but we had that sense of trust)
- hotel is clean, old-style and cute
- room was extremely small as expected, but very clean, functional with a great design
- all windows fully open to give you the nice view of the Eiffel Tower
- toiletries are complimentary and nice
- a/c and water temperatures were working as expected
- every staff we interacted with were pleasant and helpful, going out of their way to service us
- the area is safe and accessible to metro, busses, tour busses, safe, cafes and restaurants, corner and grocery stores
Overall, great stay, though was rather expensive (hence the 4 stars), it was expected in Paris. There are those times when you pay bargain prices and get that level of quality and service in return and think, if I had spent a bit more somewhere else, maybe this bad situation wouldn't have happened. Well, this is what we paid for, great view, clean room, great service, amazing location all equal to great hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming hotel with Napolean style furnishings housed in Second Empire Era Building - Near Place du Trocadero. Hôtel EcologiqueEco Friendly Hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Hotel Eiffel Trocadero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Les Jardins Du Trocadero Paris
- Les Jardins Du Trocadero Hotel