“Ideal overnighter.”

Ranked #755 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Gold Coast Queensland
“Ideal overnighter.”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

A truly boutique hotel, my 'cosy' room was just that but OK for an overnighter. My travel agent had me believe that my train for Limoges left from the station over the road from the hotel, it didn't so I had a 20 minute bus ride to Montparnasse. The tariff did not include breakfast & I found it a tad expensive for what it offered. It was however handy to several eateries, the Jardin des Plantes & a mini-mart & despite being on a very busy road, the traffic noise was non existent when the window was closed.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the main road, the bed was comfy, the shower & vanity were cramped as was the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Russia
Reviewed 29 May 2014

In my view the best aspects about the hotel Libertel Austerlitz Jardin des Plantes are:
The location
- Very close to the Jardin des Plantes where there are some very interesting museums and a nice zoo.
-Very close to the Gare d' Austerlitz metro station therefore quite easy to access the attractions in the centre of Paris. OK you will have to figure out how to navigate the Paris Metro but it is not too difficult.
The staff of the hotel are quite helpful which makes a stay in a hotel a lot easier.
There are quite a lot of reasonable restaurants within less than a 5 minute walk from the hotel and that is quite important because the hotel restaurant is only open for breakfast.
Another reasonable aspect of the hotel was the free WIFI, OK after 4 hours of usage you need to relogin to the WIFI network but it is very easy to relogin
The not so good aspects of the hotel are
- The size of the room that my wife and I stayed in.
The room was very, very small and another not so nice aspect was the location of the bathroom which was separated from the tiny room by a sliding door (that did not close properly, a small gap was left between the sliding door and the wall.
- If stayin in a room facing the main road then it is quite noisy lots of Police cars and Ambulances activating sirens ad noise from the Gare d' Austerlitz metro station.
When or if I return to Paris for a visit I would re-consider staying at the hotel again unless of course I could find a better/cheaper hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Raffi_Nachshol
Pierre B, Directeur général at Libertel Austerlitz Jardin des Plantes, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Raffi_Nachshol,

Thank you for your post on Tripadvisor.
We have taken account of your comment about the room. It will help us to provide the best service to our guest.
If you are not satisfied by the hotel Libertel Austerlitz Jardin des Plantes, we have 4 more hotels in the heart of Paris with bigger rooms and all renovated too.

Do no hesitate to conctact us for more information.

Yours sincerely,

M. Pierre BURIGNAT
Executive Director
Libertel Austerlitz - Jardin des plantes
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Yes - my room is so small I have to put my suitcase on the desk. But so what? It's a sweet little room with a private bath and a beautiful window overlooking a beautiful courtyard in an excellent location. Loved my stay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
bali,indonesia
Reviewed 23 April 2014

If you are a tourist who will be out most of the day and need a no frills hotel room just to sleep than this is the place for you. I stayed in a privileged room, the matrimonial bed was a good size, soft with nice sheets and comfy pillows. Even if the hotel is along the main street, the windows are thick enough not to hear any noise. The room was always cleaned very well. The shower was a good size and the room came with bathing robes for each. The receptionist were very friendly, efficient and willing to provide information. Excellent position for transportation, the train station and metro just in front of the hotel and walking distance of 10 minutes along the river seine to Notredame. I travelled alone with my teenage daughter and felt safe coming home at night by foot.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 107
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank lauraBali_indonesia
Limoges, France
Reviewed 23 April 2014

If you plan to take the train in Austerlitz, this hotel is very well located, 10 minutes by walking.
It is also vey close to the Jardin des plantes and Musée d'histoire naturel.
Good for business, I would stay there for a long period as room is quite small.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Laurent1135
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and was not unsatisfied at all with the hotel.
I would not come back though, as the rooms are so small, that you didn't had room for anything than sleeping.
I could use a closet for my clothes as well, as I don't like that my suitcase takes space for a room that is to small to begin with.
The staff speaks very little english

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We selected this hotel for the close proximity to the train station which is directly across the street. The hotel was initially a bit difficult to locate as it is in a block of many stores and sandwiched between the storefronts. The homeless people out on the street and all around the hotel was somewhat off- putting and left us with some unease, but they were quiet and did not harrass or bother us in any way. The front desk staff were very accomodating and happy to assist us in English. We were granted our request at check-in for a family size room, which was large and comfortable. It had a Queen size bed and a roll away twin size cot with a very thick mattress for our 20 year old daughter. The bathroom was modern and spacious. There was a little water run off that escaped under the glass shower door, but it was easily remedied with a bath towel placed on the floor. Also, entering and exiting the shower could be challenging for someone with limited physical abillity. It was a hefty step up / down to get in and out. The room was clean and our beds were made each day. Nice touches in the room included robe and slippers, bottled water and chocolates when we arrived; and a decent flat screen TV with a few English stations. Our room faced the front - a very busy main road and trains running along the elevated rail. We were on a higher floor, so noise was not an issue. It was nice to open the windows and hear the street sounds in the mornings. But at night with windows closed, the sounds were muffled and seemed faraway. The breakfast was plentiful at an additional 12 Euro. People were taking seconds. It included hot beverages, juices, cheeses, ham, croissants & breads, muffins, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs. We felt it was worth the money and wait staff was pleasant & accomodating. We used the shuttle to get to the airport and this was really worth it. Sorry, can't recall the price, but needed to pay in cash. We were tired at the end of our trip and just did not have the energy to deal with our luggage on the subway again. We got door to door service and the driver was pleasant and got us to the terminal in plenty of time. Hotel allowed easy access to the Metro, close to Left Bank, River Seine, lovely gardens, and a zoo/museum which we did not visit. Supermarket nearby, eateries and a McDonald's. It was a bit far from the main tourist sights of Paris, but this allowed us more time to experience the subway system and the day to day life in Paris culture.

Room Tip: Ask for family size room is larger. Rear of hotel will be quieter or a room on higher floor will de...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family