“Very friendly and well organised”

Monceau Wagram Hotel
Ranked #654 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The main reason that i could really enjoy my stay in that hotel was the very friedly reception and hotel service. Also it is well located because of good metro connection. The area is nice and Arc the triomphe is not far. Because of the nice feeling i will come back hopefully soon..

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I arrived amidst refurbishment of the lobby and found my room just in time to wash the fresh paint form my coat. But the room was perfect within its size, no noise, comfy bathroom with bath, good sized bed and adequate flat screen. The staff is very kind and helpful and in between the construction the breakfast was a daily pleasure, with fresh orange juice, unbeatable cheeses and ham and variations of bread and associated delicacies. The real minus point was the coffee, weak ill defined filter brew, this should be some nice espresso, quite possible these days. When I left the lobby was almost finished and looked neat. Location of the hotel is great, walking to the Rue Poncelles with its traiteurs and gourmand market, though also pleny good brasseries around.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I did enjoy my stay in the hotel, all time the attendat was very friendly, the room was well cleaned and very comfortable, the services into the hotel worked fine, its located in a save and good area, very close to the main turistic atractives, I did really recomend be there, was my first time in Paris and will coma back for sure and I do recomend stay there

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Paty A
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We enjoyed the Hotel and we understood it was a true Parisian Hotel. The staff were polite and
always helpful and actually made the Paris trip that much better! We always had an understanding
That something's are not always perfect and yet this is the ebb and flow of any trip away from home. The morning breakfast was great and I enjoyed it more when the front desk joined us
And gave us fresh squeezed orange juice. I could spend the whole day eating their assortment
Of cheese in the morning and kiwi in my corn flakes was the most. The true trip was business and family was with me to enjoy all of Paris to offer. On a rainy day the front desk got me an umbrella to take. II would go again and even envited the staff to visit us in the USA .

1  Thank Richard P
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We were a little early checking in (we were allowed to leave our bags at reception and wait in the lounge area). There was some confusion over our family room booking but we were eventually upgraded to two neighbouring rooms which were equally suited to our needs.

The staff were friendly and the rooms were spotless - there was a little noise from the lift as our rooms were right next door, but the beds were very comfortable and the curtains were nice and thick.

The buffet continental breakfast had plenty of choice and set us up very well for the day. All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Monceau Wagram with 2 colleagues on a business trip - the room my two coworkers were sharing was broken into (one of them left a separate review). I want to echo that the hotel staff was unfortunately completely unhelpful - even, quite bizarrely, unsympathetic, even after we learned that the person at the front desk had let a total stranger into the room. We did file a police report the next day.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
DirectionMW, Directeur général at Monceau Wagram Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear costumer,
First of all I remind you that we already answer you the 07th October; you can read the answer just few lines underneath. The man who stole your ipad knew your name and room number, then the staff who was working that day propose you to call the police and assist you in every single moment but you refuse any help, he is working with us for many years and many costumers thinks he’s very professional and responsible. To conclude you left the hotel with your colleague without any explications and the only contact we have been receiving from you is via Trip advisor; no police statement, neither assurance statement, nothing at all. But in any case, we would like to remind you that we’ll never refuse any cooperation with you to clarify this case.
Nathalie de Gramont,
Manager

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Monceau Wagram is a small, comfortable hotel in a great location for the major Parisian "must see" places. It's in a quiet street a few minutes walk from the Ternes metro and fifteen minutes from the Arc. Reception was easy and friendly. The layout is what you'd expect from a "townhouse" style hotel in an old building, and the rooms and fittings are modern. Perfect as a base for a long weekend or a business trip where you need to be central.

Room Tip: Do not expect a large room layout - these buildings are old and you need to design rooms into the ex...