“Very nice Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #924 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Huntersville, North Carolina
“Very nice Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We had a very nice experience here at the Millennium Hotel. After our long flight from US we arrived early in the morning. The staff was very accommodating to us as our room was not ready, we had breakfast at the restaurant adjacent to the hotel, which was a nice buffet, but service was in my opinion very slow for a restaurant that was pretty empty. The staff while friendly when approached, was not overly attentive as they are at say the Four Seasons (but not the price either!) I will say that all the staff at the desk was always helpful and friendly. A special thank you to Eddie at the front desk for suggesting a fantastic restaurant and getting us a reservation at Le Grand Venise. We had a truly wonderful dining experience and treated us extra special! Our room was a very nice suite, clean and plenty of room. Location worked really well for us to get around on the metro to where we were going in the city, including Roland Garros to see French Open!! Hope to return to Paris and I would stay at the Millennium Opera again!

Room Tip: Our suite was on 3rd floor and faced Haussman and had no problem with traffic noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Eli L, Guest Relations Supervisor at Millennium Hotel Paris Opera, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Dee H,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at Millennium Paris Opera. Nothing feels more rewarding than reading such positive comments, especially regarding our staff's attitude and attentiveness, and I can assure you that your kind words will be passed on to the staff members mentioned in your review. Your point made about service in the restaurant lacking in attentiveness has been well noted and will be addressed properly, so hopefully your next visit will earn us a 5 star review.
Thank you again for choosing Millennium Paris Opera and we hope to welcome you again very soon.

Eli Lazovsky

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

A short taxi ride from Gard du Nord had us parked in front of this unassuming building, but from the moment we walked in to the moment we walked out we absolutely loved staying here.
The building was a joy to spend time in, the decor and particularly the glass cupola was a dA quaint boutique style hotel in the heart of Paris that my wife and I cannot recommend highly enough. We decided to book a belated honeymoon, starting on the Eurostar to Paris for 5 nights and then onto Rome for 7 nights.
The building was a joy to spend time in, the decor and particularly the glass cupola was a delight. The lounge area was a joy to be in especially after a tiring day out and about, especially with cold tipple in hand
The staff were always friendly, helpful and very polite.The concierge were invaluable with their advice and guidance.
The food was tremendous, both in the hotel and locally, so much to choose from.
We covered a lot of the major items (Notre Dame, the Louvre, Mont Matre, Le Sacre Couer, the Moulin Rouge, Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Pont des Arts and les Invalides) everywhere was just so accessible, we walked every day, the majority of touristy sights were either a short taxi or metro ride away.
We are now planning to return for more of Paris and that will probably mean a return to this great hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew B
Eli L, Guest Relations Supervisor at Millennium Hotel Paris Opera, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Andrew B,

I would like to thank you for writing such a raving review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. It always gives us great satisfaction to learn that we were able to offer our guests the best in quality of service and that special "French touch". Our staff greatly appreciates your kind words in regards to their attentiveness and we all very much hope to welcome you again at Millennium Paris Opera very soon.

Lagos, Nigeria
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

There was no porter to help with luggage out of the taxi and into the hotel so I had to struggle with bags etc at 7 am after a long night flight and heavy traffic from CDG airport to town center.
It took the porter and bags over an hour to get up to the room so I couldn't shower or freshen up, just sat on the bed tired, sleepy and waiting till bags showed up with apologies.
You better arrive early for breakfast because things run out quickly and don't get replaced!!!
Ordered dinner at 9.30. Called room service at 10.45 to ask why service was taking so long only to be told they forgot to get my room number and was they has no way to track who the order was for and hence prepared nothing, at this time I was told my order was no longer available, had to order soup and salad or starve, soup and salad arrived shortly without a spoon. Can't wait to get home..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ronkeke
Dear ronkeke,

Thank you for taking the time for sharing your review on Tripadvisor. Upon reading your comments, I cannot help but feel, like yourself, disappointed in the quality of service provided by us which is inexcusable for a 4 star hotel. I can only wish these grievances had been brought up to our manager on duty at the time, as I am sure we could have done something to compensate for the disappointment. Please be assured, however, that we are taking the necessary measures to make certain that such shortcomings are the exception rather than the rule.
Again, I would like to apologize on behalf of our management and staff and all I can say is that we truly hope to have the opportunity to make a whole different impression, should you give us another chance and return to Millennium Paris Opera.

Eli Lazovsky

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Jackson Heights, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We recently traveled to Paris with our 16 year old granddaughter and stayed at this charming hotel for 5 days. It is centrally located and within walking distance to many attractions. The hotel staff was extremely pleasant and provided us with good service. Our room was a junior suite which faced Boulevard Haussman and had a French balcony with windows that opened. The large marble bathroom had a soaking tub and large separate shower. Included in our rate was a daily breakfast buffet featuring a wide selection of items. The croissants were especially good. We would recommend this hotel to anyone and would stay here again.

Room Tip: A higher floor decreases noise from street traffic below.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Eli L, Guest Relations Supervisor at Millennium Hotel Paris Opera, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Catherine B,

I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. Our staff are delighted to have been able to make your stay an enjoyable experience and thank you for your kind words.
We sincerely hope to have the opportunity in the future to welcome you and your family again.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Well positioned hotel near the Opera and shops. Room was nice, overlooking main boulevard but noisy if window open. Room had all the expected amenities . But I could not get wifi to work, there was a box if you had a cable but I didn't. Lovely old fashioned French lifts and they worked well. Reception was efficient but a little surly . Breakfast was a let down, the restaurant was under staffed, you could sit where you like but tables were not cleared promptly. My breakfast was included in my room rate would not have paid extra for it.
In all it was an acceptable hotel to stay in, clean and well positioned.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank buchanan1
Eli L, Guest Relations Supervisor at Millennium Hotel Paris Opera, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear buchanan1,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. As you probably stayed in one of our lower floor Club rooms which overlook the main boulevard, it was unavoidable that you would hear traffic when opening your bedroom window. As for breakfast, I am truly sorry that you were let down by it and I assure you that we are currently looking into re-organizing it in order to ensure our guests benefit to the fullest from what our restaurant can offer in terms of quality and service.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times for business and was always simply good. Nothing too exciting but excellent location, speedy services, clean. Last time I went there for pleasure and actually got upgraded to a suite - very nice. Only minus is that the breakfast costs EUR 25 per person which is totally ridiculous as it's not that amazing and you can get a coffee and a croissant around the corner for a fiver.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank EstherMD87
Dear EstherMD87,

Many thanks for sharing your review on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to read that your stay has been an enjoyable one and that we were able to offer you a complimentary upgrade to one of our suites as a show of gratitude for being a loyal guest.
I can appreciate your thoughts about breakfast being too expensive - we always do our best to offer our guests full value for their money but we also aim to cater to all of our guests' needs, which is why your comments are important to us.
Thank you for choosing Millennium Paris Opera and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon.

Liverpool
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I have visited this hotel and others worldwide in the Millennium family many times and been completely satisfied and filed positive reviews Unfortunately this hotel has had a notable drop in standards. I had two double rooms on the second and fourth floors for two nights bed and breakfast. One room was tiny and we were told, owing to them being full there was no chance of changing to a larger room. Both rooms were tired and dated. The furniture was shabby and chipped and the room poorly designed. For instance the safe could only be accessed in the smaller room by lying on the floor. The bathroom furniture, taps showers etc were definately 1950s. At 236 Euros per night not good value.

But nothing prepared us for the breakfast. We arrived each morning at 9.0 am and it looked like an area of complete devastation. Diners had left and nothing was cleared. Typically on one morning there were no croissants, no orange juice but glasses. Next morning there was orange juice but no glasses. My wife asked a suited junior manager for a small spoon for a yoghurt and was told to go and find a waiter. The guests were walking around trying to locate cups, glasses, cutlery, food. What all these junior managers were doing is beyond belief. Diners were laying up tables themselves.The floors were dirty with spilt coffee, jam etc. A tour group had just left was the explanation. It was a disgusting site.

On check-out I mentioned to the receptionist the poor service at breakfast and she said she would make the General Manager aware. One look at the dining room is worth a thousand words. He should've been there. Clearly the Milleniium has upped its occupancy by selling to tour groups but this has been to the detriment of the independant traveller. There are plenty more centrally located hotels in Paris to choose from and it is a travesty to think this is awarded four stars.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Eli L, Guest Relation Supervisor at Millennium Hotel Paris Opera, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear StuartLiverpool,

I would like to thank you for finding the time to write a detailed account of your recent experience at Millennium Opera. On behalf of our management and staff, I would like to offer our sincere apologies for what appeared to be an unsatisfying and disappointing stay - all the more because of the high level standards you were used to when staying at Millennium properties. I have made our management fully aware of all the shortcomings detailed in your feedback and I assure you that active measures will be taken to ensure these are rectified to meet the standards of quality and service our guests are entitled to expect from a Millennium property.