“Great hotel with tons of charm.”

Millennium Hotel Paris Opera
Ranked #859 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This is a lovely hotel, that offers a real feel of Paris. Great location allowed walking to many sites, and the Metro stop is right next to the hotel. Staff was friendly and helpful. As in most French hotel rooms that don't cost a fortune, the room is small, but pretty and clean. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Eli L, Guest Relations Supervisor at Millennium Hotel Paris Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Ewokrac,

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions regarding your stay at Millennium Paris Opera.
We always appreciate to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us and that our staff was able to attend to their needs whenever solicited.
We thank you again for choosing Millennium Paris Opera and hopefully, we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Millennium Hotel Paris Opera

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Having read some of the previous reviews for this hotel , I was a bit worried when we finally arrived as to what I might find..........LOVED IT ! It is slightly shabby in areas ( small chip to bathroom floor tile , crystal missing from light in bedroom ) but absolutely nothing that would cause upset to staying there which I would happily do again and will also be recommending it to friends. The double bed was HUGE and very comfy and the room plenty big enough for my 5 day stay. I loved the old bathroom and the tea making facilities and air-con were an added bonus. Clean bedding and towels were provided daily. There was a choice of breakfast foods available as was room service until midnight. The staff were very polite and friendly and all spoke English. The area in which the hotel is based is perfect for The Opera House and Galleries Lafayette in particular and the Metro is just down the road with a taxi rank outside the hotel which was very handy. We had rooms on the 3rd floor which were reached by a cute little old fashioned lift or huge staircase. I will point out that you do have to take your own cases to the rooms so please do not go expecting someone to do this for you as it ain't gonna happen !!

Room Tip: Definatly book a room with air-con if you are not great with the warm weather as it really makes a d...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Eli L, Guest Relations Supervisor at Millennium Hotel Paris Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Su B,

Many thanks for sharing your review on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that your stay with us was an expreience worthy of your praise and we cannot stress enough how rewarding it is to read your kind words regarding our staff's dedication and overall aspect of our hotel.
We have taken note of your coments regarding room maintenance and lack of porter service and we would like to assure you that the necessary measures will be taken.
Once again, we would like to thank you for choosing Millennium Paris Opera and it is with great pleasure that we will welcome you and you friends upon your next visit to Paris.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

If you're after a modern hotel with bells and whistles this isn't for you. The fixtures and fittings are a bit battered but this just serves to add to the impression of shabby chic although we didn't think this was intentional! The rooms are clean and bed was v comfy - all in all, good location and good value.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

This summer we specifically stayed in ( Millennium Opera Paris Hotel), since the beginning the hotel was quiet shocking as everything was too old and broken down, when we asked for an extra bed, they rolled in a bed that had broken wooden pallets and was very uncomfortable, however, we decided to not complain because it is our summer holiday and we were just looking to have a good time as a family and the staff was very helpful and pleasant so it wasn't really an issue.

Unfortunately our "good time" ended when my personal hand watch was stolen from my purse that I left in my room, I do not understand how a house keeper or whoever it was, was able to not only open my purse but my wallet that was inside my purse and take my watch, I intentionally had no valuable properties, I didn't carry a lot of money and the only valuable object I had was my Christian Dior watch that I presumed would be safe in my closed wallet INSIDE my closed purse placed under the chair, I would only be gone a couple of hours and apologized to the housekeeper for keeping her waiting and left thinking my family and I were in safe hands, I returned later that evening, had a shower and went to sleep, the next morning I had my usual morning jog (11:00 AM) , returned (around 1:00 PM) and prepared to have a nice late lunch with my family, as I headed to my purse and opened my wallet I was shocked to find that my watch simply dissapeared, that watch was a gift to me from my mother, I searched everywhere, I didn't leave an inch, I stayed one hour and a half searching for the watch because I didn't want to accuse anybody, and when I was sure that I couldn't find it I informed the hotel, the hotel staff apologized but said they couldn't really do anything because the housekeeping lady somehow "disappeared".

Stayed: July 2014
7  Thank Smhmm1990
Eli L, Guest Relations Supervisor at Millennium Hotel Paris Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Smhmm1990,

Having guests lose something valuable during their stay is something that always frustrates us as it always affects negatively their perception of our hotel.
For this reason we always encourage our guests (as do other hotels) to store 'all' their valuables in their room's safe as to avoid any probability of such a thing from happening. Unfortunately, there is no way to determine with absolute certainty the cause for your watch's disappearance without a proper investigation.
Therefore, I invite you to contact us directly by phone or email in order to do just that (joined by a copy of the police report filed after the fact).

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. We had noted this when we booked through expedia and upon our arrival the hotel had upgraded us to a club room; this was a nice touch and much appreciated.

Check in was swift and the staff were very helpful. Upon arriving at our room we were not disappointed. It was extremely spacious with a queen bed and excellent views of sacre couer. Bathroom was large with separate full length bath and huge shower. The room was cleaned daily to a good standard, no complaints.

The location of this hotel is excellent. It is about a 10 minute walk from the Louvre and there is a metro station right across the road from the front door. There are plenty of cafes and restaurants in the surrounding area.

We would definitely stay at this hotel upon returning to Paris both for the location and quality of service. Thank you very much!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Hollie W,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. We always appreciate hearing from our guests sharing their positive feedback regarding their stay with us.
On behalf of our staff and management, we thank you for choosing Millennium Paris Opera and it is with great pleasure that we will welcome you back upon your next trip to Paris.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

The location of this hotel is good, particularly if you are in Opera for business.

Unfortunately, the rooms are dated and cleanliness is average.

The breakfast was fairly disappointing, with limited selection and quality not amazing when compared to many other hotels in the area.

The biggest tip: you do not want a room anywhere close to the lift unless you want to be kept awake all night - at one point I felt like I was listening to a scene from the transformers movie, with the constant loud mechanical noises.

Overall, a fairly average hotel and not the best Paris has to offer in that price range.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 27 July 2014

my 17 yr old son and I stayed 3 nights, unfortunately he had booked a room with a double bed by mistake, however the young lady on reception very quickly found us a twin room replacement. we were pleasantly surprised with the size of the room as we had been led to understand Parisian hotel rooms could be on the small size, the room was comfortable and spacious. our towels replaced and room cleaned well daily. comfortable beds and heavily lined curtains ensured an excellent nights sleep. located next to shops, metro and restaurants the hotels location was convenient and although some reviews high lighted the décor was run down we found the ambience delightful and would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Ceecee332,

I would like to thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that we were able to make your stay an enjoyable experience and your positive feedback regarding our staff's responsiveness and room comfort is greatly appreciated.
We thank you for choosing Millennium Paris Opera and we will be delighted to welcome you again upon your next visit to Paris.