“Great hotel near the Eiffel Tower”

Hotel Relais Bosquet Paris
Ranked #149 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Detroit, MI
“Great hotel near the Eiffel Tower”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here for a week in March. We had a wonderful stay. The hotel is updated and clean and we found most of the staff helpful. It is a short walk to the Eiffel Tower and we found ourselves going nightly to see the beautiful lights.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stayed here for 10 days from late February to early March 2014 and was quite satisfied with almost everything. I love, loved the location, close to the Eiffel Tower and Rue Cler. All the staff, (with the exception of one lady who just rubbed me the wrong way) were completely awesome, super knowledgable and helpful with bookings, advice and service. Breakfast was great, a wonderful selection with friendly service. The room was spacious for Paris, clean and well appointed. I didn't have much of a view, but it was so, so nice to be able to open my window for fresh air when I needed it. There were just a few things that would have made my stay perfect and that is a restaurant and room service. When I actually had dinner, I ate out every night, but as I was also flat out during the day, it would have been nice and sometimes more convenient to have the choice to eat in the hotel later in the evening. If these things are not high on your list of what you look for in a hotel, I would highly recommend the Hotel Relais Bosquet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lift, it's tiny, but makes a lot of noise early in the morning.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Kailua, Hawaii
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night prior to our river cruise. Very clean rooms, well maintained hotel. Staff excellent, friendly and helpful. Delightful breakfast to start the day. Not too touristy area but just a short walk away from Tour Eiffel. Rooms are average sized for Paris. Will definitely stay again when we return to Paris !

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Northern California
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed in this hotel with a friend who had stayed there before. It is in a very nice neighborhood around the corner from the shops and restaurants on the Rue Cler. It's also withing walking distance of the Eiffel Tower and the Seine. Our room had a nice view of the Eiffel tower over the rooftops. The room was average size for Paris, but the bathroom was quite large. We had two windows, and both afforded a view of the Eiffel Tower. The only strange thing about the room was that the toilet compartment was entirely separate from the rest of the bathroom (on the other side of the bedroom). This has its pluses and minuses. The staff were friendly and made an effort to get some breakfast set up early because we had to leave at 7:00 am, the normal time that breakfast starts. All in all, this is a wonderful little hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Eiffel tower. You may pay a little more, but it's worth it.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 22 April 2014

96% satisfaction? well, for me it was more like 30%.
On arrival (evening time) we were 'greeted' by someone who cleared was not pleased to be there: no hello or welcome, barely a look at both of our faces before asking for our passports.
As he identified my reservation through an online booking site, the gentleman at the reception started an open criticism: negative, judgemental comments for 'not having called the hotel to book directly with them'. "I could have given you a room with view, free breakfast and other things, but since you booked via **********" now I won't". As I replied I had, in fact, called the hotel to speak to reservations, he found this reply adequate: "but if you call at midnight you can't expect someone to be here". I informed the call was around 5.40pm. His final, utterly inadequate reply: you should have tried again".
This was (almost word by word) the exchange we had at the check-in. Instead of warm greetings and helpful instructions at the hotel's functioning, we were told off and lectured for being online consumers, and ultimately by using a portal they themselves decided to use as a sales channel.
All my partner and I could do was look at each other in dismay.
Now at the hotel: rooms were OK, clean but a bit quirky -- all very simple and in no way we feel it was worth what we paid. It is a low 4 stars if that at all. I have stayed in 4* hotels in central Paris (Champs Elysée) with much superior quality.
Breakfast was OK but overpriced - better options around the corner.
I must say other people at the reception during the day were very nice and friendly - no complains there.
Would we return? Absolutely not.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christie K
relaisbosquet, Directeur général at Hotel Relais Bosquet Paris, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Bonjour

Let’s not have a channel, online sale channel, being a source of antagonism.
All guests are welcome and no one here was meaning to be rude or what so ever.
The receptionist just meant to give you a useful tip for your forthcoming reservations if any…
It is now clear that your reservation (Booking.com, Expedia, Hotel.com, Priceline) we do not quite remember which one it was, was mostly pertinent because you picked us among so many other hotels.
We also have our proper online channels, as well as a website, a Facebook Page, and an Instagram account (yes we do). We make the offer and the guests decide which way to make the booking among those outstanding possibilities; and you made a point saying that we decide to use each one of them!
You can also make a reservation by calling us from 7.30 am to 7.30 pm (local time at the moment GMT+2).
And by the way we are not a four star hotel but 3.
Are the Champs-Elysées the centre of Paris? :)

Best regards from the team
Christian and Bertrand
Tel Aviv
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

96% satisfaction of reviewers, well, for me it was more like 70%. On arrival we were greeted by the friendly Christian and went to our room. We came back to reception, wishing to move to another room as we saw a construction sight in front of our windows. We had other issues and were answered rather cynically. Maybe something was lost in translation, yet the feeling was very uneasy on my part.
We decided to decline the additional 25 euro per night in order to move to a front room.
Pros:
Very lovely location near Rue Cler
Relatively spacious and nice clean room
Great bathroom, with an outside window
Kettle and safe
Free wi-fi
Great free breakfast when reserving through facebook
Cons:

No duvets, wool blankets that felt ancient and not very hygienic.
Carpet that felt in need of replacement
Separate toilet far from bathroom
Squeaky doors of cupboard
Low water pressure in shower
Erratic wi fi. Was out 3 times in 4 days but corrected as soon as informed

Will i stay again? Probably not. An average hotel in a safe part of Paris.
If the issues will be corrected will give it another try.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Liora
Bonjour
It is quite difficult to respond because we do not quite know what "construction sight out of your window" you had experienced.
The 25 euro extra was probably due to the bedroom upgrade we offered you because you were not happy with your room. I cannot see anything cynical in that.
Most bedrooms have duvets but some bedrooms still have a typical French bedding (blankets).
Those blankets are often thoroughly cleaned and we never had any complaint as you can check right here on Tripadvisor on over 1200 comments.
Our carpets are often shampooed and even replaced when needed.
It is a French home tradition that toilets are set apart from the bath and we know we are often mocked about this by foreign visitors, perhaps they're right, it's quite funny though.
We tahnk you anyway for having stayed with us.

Best regards from the team
Christian and Bertrand
Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here as part of a 50th birthday celebration and we spent two days at the French Open. The hotel is in a great location as mentioned by others - great sites nearby included the Eiffel Tower, Napoleon's tomb, and the Rodin Musuem (my personal favorite as much of the work is outside with some incredible pieces of art). The most convenient Metro for accessing other parts of Paris is La Motte-Picquet-Grenelle - which is about a half mile walk from the hotel. This walk takes you by the Eiffel Tower and Ecole Militaire so it was not a most enjoyable walk. Hotel is also close to some very good restaurants and the front desk can help with recommendations.

I was a little nervous about the Classic room that we booked as I was worried it would be small and uncomfortable. The room turned out to be just the right size with one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on. The room is very quiet at night and the night darkening shades work extremely well. Skip the view of the Eiffel and go for the Classic rooms located on the interior of the building if you want a good night's sleep. See the pictures I've attached.

Breakfast spread was very good and the staff was friendly. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple