“Small but innovative”
Review of Color Design Hotel

Color Design Hotel
Ranked #792 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed here back in 2010, so this is long in coming...I really enjoyed my stay of 3 days. Being in Paris, I only needed a room for sleeping and bathing...otherwise, I'm running around the city. I don't need a large room as long as it's clean and the bed is comfortable. Check and check. I would stay again....

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
ColorDesign, Directeur général at Color Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Guest,

The Color Design Hotel is really pleased to read that your stay with us was really good; that you enjoy everything. We are making our best to make you feel like home.

Do not hesitate next time you are coming to contact me directly, I will do my best to propose you our best offer.

Looking forward to welcoming you for your next stay in Paris and we will do again our best to satisfy you.

There are newer reviews for Color Design Hotel

Reviewed 29 October 2013

The photos posted in booking made me distinguish your hotel they are not similar to reality. The photographer with his lens has made very good job!?

The breakfast was unacceptable. The girl in charge cannot do everything so there where tables full of used dishes and glasses while new people are coming for breakfast and which are trying to find somewhere to seat and have clean place.

We asked from the reception to make a call for us to shuttle bus to the airport and she debited us 8 euros per person that is to say 16 euros for a call.

The rooms were precisely as the photographs with the difference that the room was much smaller and in the 109 room in order to pass between the bed and the tv needs particular effort. The towels in the bathroom were two body towels and did not have any towels for face.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
ColorDesign, Directeur général at Color Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear guest,

We are sorry to read that you didn't spend a nice time with us and your stay with us was not what we were expected.

We have tried to make everything to help you to spend a lovely moment and we are really sorry to hear that it was not the case.

Thanks for your comment, it will help us to improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

It is a nicely designed hotel which is modern & clean. Rooms are not very big at all but the bed was one of the most comfortable we've slept in. The location is good as it is only a 15 minute walk to Bastille & a number of Metro stations are very close by. We went to this hotel for my fiancées Birthday. I sent the manager an e-mail before going explaining that this was a special occasion & got a response saying they would 'do their best to accommodate my requests', in truth this was not very much which was a little disappointing. I have stayed in Hotels which have made a special effort when they know that you are there celebrating. Shower was also not fitted properly in our room which meant that it leaked all over the floor & soaked the carpet which remained drenched for the 4 days we were there. When I told the receptionist she acted like it always happens - I would think you would fix a problem if it is a continuous one. Overall, we would stay there again but only on a package deal as this was. €250 Euros a night is far too much money for what you get!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2013

A little further from the Gare de Lyon than other hotels I've stayed at but this one is on a quiet side street in a bustling area. The rooms are equipped with everything one needs (comfy bed, toiletries) and doesn't need (huge TV). The staff are friendly and the rooms kept clean. The nearby rue du Faubourg St. Antoine has plenty of shops, restaurants and cafes.

Room Tip: There are rooms overlooking the small inner courtyard which are extra quiet. I liked the corner roo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
ColorDesign, Directeur général at Color Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear guest,

The Color Design Hotel is really pleased to read that your stay with us was really good; that you enjoy everything, the area, the hotel and the staff.

All my team are making everything to respect what I ask them to do which is to make our clients like home, we are glad that you spent a nice time with us.

Do not hesitate next time to contact me directly in order to have special offer next time.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

The receptionist are very kind and professionals. Fast calling for a taxi to the airport CDG and right indication for its price. We payed exactly what they asked at the moment of booking. We appreciated the breakfast but there eas no cappuccino. Comfortable room, cleaned but there were no minibar, no close wardrobe. The bath was a bit little and the door was a bit smaller than the the hole in the wall. The hotel is close to two different metro stations, in an area full of shops. I can suggest it for your holidays.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Do not hesitate next time to contact me directly in order to have special offer and I will try to give you our deluxe room which is much bigger.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I can recommend this hotel. The bathrooms are quite small.
Wifi works good. Breakfast for 12€ was good.
staff is very friendly and helpfull.

My first room was small. I reported that I did not like this. the staff changed my room for a bigger one without any questions.

I like this hotel and hired it again for the folowing week. ( need to be in the area for business)
I brought rollerblades and had lots of fun traveling trough paris with them. Paris has a rental system for bikes where you can take a bike somewhere for a few euro and leave it elsewhere.
I believe you should count about 6ish euros for a day when you use the system smart.

Do visit montmartre and sacre coeur!
Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
ColorDesign, Directeur général at Color Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Guest,

The Color Design Hotel is really pleased to read that your stay with us was really good; that you enjoy the hotel, the room, the breakfast and my team.

They are, all, making everything to respect what I ask them to do which is to make our clients like home and we are glad that you spent a nice time with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you for your next stay in Paris.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights mainly because it was near Gare de Lyon train station (less than 10 minute walk). It is also very close to a metro station. Outside the hotel are cafes, bakeries, shops, restaurants and a grocery store. The hotel is very modern - furniture and walls are all white with splashes of color (light fixtures, cool bright yellow and orange tile in bathroom). The bathroom was small but had a nice modern shower. The room with 2 twin beds was extremely small. There is no dresser or shelf space to store clothing. However, there is a hanging shelf which holds extra pillows and blankets. It looked as if a side table next to the bed was removed for some reason. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very quiet. We found the reception staff pleasant. We did not have the breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

The Color Design Hotel is really pleased to read that your stay with us was really good; that you enjoy everything, the area, the hotel, the location and your room.

A big thanks for your nice comments, it helps us to improve our services every day.

Do not hesitate next time you are coming to contact me directly, I will do my best to propose you our best offer which is sometimes, according to the period, with the breakfast for free!