“Not so special”

Color Design Hotel
Ranked #680 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
“Not so special”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The neighborhood is fine and the hotel is OK but overall:
small rooms, not too clean, always dirty laundry and cleaning stuff on the hallway, internet connection which we had to constantly renew (ask for tickets at the reception). To sum up; I think still a lot of money for what you get. Would not really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sophielief
ColorDesign, Directeur général at Color Design Hotel, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear guest,

We are sorry to read that you didn't spend a nice time with us and your stay with us was not what we were expected.

Normally, we are not use to have this type of comment, I know we had a problem with the WiFi connection due to our Chinese group at this period but for the rest I would like to apologize and I will talk to my staff seriously.

Thanks for your comment, it will help us to improve the quality of our services.

Elodie Lemaux

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Venezia
Reviewed 16 December 2013

The Color design Hotel is in a really place of Paris, not to far from the center and easy to be reached by metro.
The place is really quite and the beds are really confortable.
The breakfast is really good.
The only thing I can regret of is the bathroom that is really small and not too useful

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
ColorDesign, Directeur général at Color Design Hotel, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Guest,

The Color Design Hotel is really pleased to read that your stay with us was really good; that you enjoy everything, the area, the hotel, the room and the breakfast. We are making our best to make you feel like home.

We are sorry to read that you faced some problems during you stay regarding the size of your bathroom. I know, in some of our rooms it can be small but we are trying to arrange it as functional as it can be.

A big thanks for your nice comments, it helps us to improve our services every day and I am really please that your were satisfied by our services.

Do not hesitate next time you are coming to contact me directly, I will do my best to propose you our best offer.

Looking forward to welcoming you for your next stay in Paris and we will do again our best to satisfy you.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

The design of the hotel is really cool

Breakfast is nice and with a good quality :)

Located in a very central area

Staff seems to be very polite and attencious *****

I just think relation price/quality should be review but anyway it worth it :)

Probably going back to Paris and will stay in Color Design Hotel :D

• Stayed December 2013
ColorDesign, Directeur général at Color Design Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Guest,

The Color Design Hotel is really pleased to read that your stay with us was really good; that you enjoy everything, the area, the hotel, and our team. We are making our best to make you feel like home.

Medway, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I was in Paris for work and was recommended Color Design Hotel as a place to stay. I reviewed the Trip Advisor comments prior to booking and was happy to find that my stay was trouble free. My room was on the corner of the building, third floor and had a view of the street (not all that thrilling). The room itself was great for my needs, a place to sleep. The bathroom and bedroom were clean and the bed was comfortable for me for the two nights I was there. From the photos on the site, you will get that this is a more modernistic hotel so the furniture and ammenities are a bit more funky than your typical chain hotels. I liked the difference. The neighborhood isn't all that attractive, but there are plenty of shops and restaurants only a few minutes walk away. I felt pretty safe walking alone at night and kept to well traveled roads while I walked around. The only difficulty I had was in having the Taxis find the Hotel but the hotel staff were nice enough to talk to the taxi company to give them explicit directions to the hotel for my pick up each morning to go to work. They really need a better sign out front of the building that can be seen from down the street. There can also be a little noise as people walk through the hallway, but I didn't find it too distracting. The guests were pretty quiet on the floor I was on. All in all a pretty good location and a good value compared to other hotels in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
ColorDesign, Directeur général at Color Design Hotel, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear guest,

The Color Design Hotel is really pleased to read that your stay with us was really good; that you enjoy everything, the area, the hotel and the room. We are trying to make everything to make you feel like home.

A big thanks for your nice comments, it helps us to improve our services every day.

Paris
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Color Design Hotel is a small hotel located near the metro station Faidherbe Chaligny which is within walking distance of the Bastille bar and party area, in a quiet street.
The rooms are quite nicely design with a very "Apple-like" design, and quite comfortable as well. The bathroom was small but functionnal and well designed.
We did not take advantage of the breakfast, which was priced at 12 Euros.

Room Tip: Note that we used internet booking for the room and obtained a 115 Euro rate (in November),which wa...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

The Color Design Hotel is really pleased to read that your stay with us was really good; that you enjoy everything, the area, the hotel, the design of your room.

Do not hesitate next time you are coming to contact me directly, I will do my best to propose you our best offer which is sometimes, according to the period, with the breakfast included!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed here back in 2010, so this is long in coming...I really enjoyed my stay of 3 days. Being in Paris, I only needed a room for sleeping and bathing...otherwise, I'm running around the city. I don't need a large room as long as it's clean and the bed is comfortable. Check and check. I would stay again....

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

The Color Design Hotel is really pleased to read that your stay with us was really good; that you enjoy everything. We are making our best to make you feel like home.