“had a great time on May 2014”
Review of Color Design Hotel

Color Design Hotel
Ranked #727 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Jerusalem, Israel
“had a great time on May 2014”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Great hotel, good location. The room was clean, Staff was nice and helpful, breakfast was very nice and there were many restaurants around and a market just across the street. I was there with my husband and two young children, and though it's more suitable to couples we all had a great time.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view to the street
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
ColorDesign, Directeur général at Color Design Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Guest,

The Color Design Hotel is really pleased to read that your stay with us was really good; that you enjoy the area, the room, our breakfast and my staff. We are making our best to make you feel like home.

I understand it can be a bit difficult with children as we do not have connecting rooms but we are making every time our best to arrange our deluxe room with a single bed or with a baby bed as well.

Looking forward to welcoming you for your next stay in Paris and we will do again our best to satisfy you. Do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Elodie Lemaux

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Orleans, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This hotel was ideal for my son and I during a four day visit to see the sights of Paris. Colour Design proved to be a modern, clean, well run establishment with a friendly and very helpful staff. It offers plain but quiet accommodations with an on-suite and a good breakfast selection. Situated close to le Gare de Lyon train station, it also has ready access to the Paris metro system. If you are feeling athletic it takes about an hour to walk to the sites in central Paris. We would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: The only point I would make is the room size. Ours was just big enough for a twin sized bed which th...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment, it help us a lot to improve our services. Do not hesitate next time you are coming in Paris to contact me directly, I will do my best to propose you our best offer.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Small rooms, but comfy. I lacked a mini bar...
The beds are nice, big. Great shower!! Location is excellent with great restaurants nearby.
Awesome service. Great design. We got the orange room on the third floor,
Which had great WiFi reception.
If I ever come back to Paris, I'll be back here as well!

• Stayed May 2014
ColorDesign, Directeur général at Color Design Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Guest,

The Color Design Hotel is really pleased to read that your spent a nice time with us and that you liked our rooms and our services. We are making our best to make you feel like home.

Do not hesitate next time you are coming to contact me directly, I will do my best to propose you our best offer and try to upgrade to our deluxe room which is bigger.

Looking forward to welcoming you for your next stay in Paris.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The hotel is very modern and business oriented. There are not a lot of places like this in Paris. The rooms are clean and bed is super comfy. It's a great deal for the price, plus is well located.....

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Valerie L
ColorDesign, Directeur général at Color Design Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
The Color Design Hotel is really pleased to read that your stay with us was really good; that you enjoy the area, the room, etc. We are making our best to make you feel like home.

Thank you for your comment and do not hesitate next time you are coming to contact me directly, I will do my best to propose you our best offer.

London
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is a great little place. I've stayed at some very disappointing and tired hotels in Paris, but this was excellent. Great location in a nice neighbourhood and very close to Metro station. Nice cafes and bistros nearby. The rooms are very quiet so you get a good night's sleep and the bed was super comfortable. Staff were exceptionally warm and welcoming and helpful at all times. The rooms and bathrooms are quite small but are exceptionally well-designed - everything is in the right place, great lighting and excellent shower. Spotlessly clean. You pay 13 euros extra for breakfast which I thought was quite expensive, but the quality was superb and lots of choice. Would definitely stay here again as a peaceful comfotable base for a holiday in Paris in a non-touristy neighbourhood.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank RichardBLondon
The Color Design Hotel is really pleased to read that you spent a nice time with us; that you enjoy everything, the area, the room and my staff. We are making our best to make you feel like home.

A big thanks for your nice comments, it helps us to improve our services every day and I am really please that your were satisfied by our services.

Do not hesitate next time you are coming to contact me directly, I will do my best to propose you our best offer.

Wurzburg, Germany
Reviewed 29 April 2014

When me and my friend came to the hotel, the check in process was very fast. However, the receptionist was very not friendly and didn't even greet us - just stared at us in a very rude way. The room was clean, but smelly a little bit. Later on, we asked the same receptionist some advise about where to sightseeing, she couldn't really help us by saying "there is a lot of things to see., I don't know". The breakfast was nice though.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
ColorDesign, Directeur général at Color Design Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Christina,

I am the manager of the Color Design Hotel and I would like to apologise for what happened during your stay, it is not at all the way I ask my receptionist to work and to welcome client and from now on it will be controlled.

I am really sorry, I hope your stay with us was good regarding the area, the rooms and the breakfast. Thanks for your comment, it helps me every day to ameliorate my services.
Next time your are coming in Paris, do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Best regards,

Elodie LEMAUX
Edson, Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the Gare de Lyon and provides a reasonably priced option for staying in Paris. The rooms and bathrooms are very small but clean and the bright white decor is cheerful. This was the most comfortable bed in any hotel of our vacation! The staff are very friendly and helpful and went our of their way to get us a reasonably priced room during fashion week in Paris. The location is a little out of the way as it is on a side street with no other hotels but was nice and quiet. There is a fantastic local outdoor market on the weekend about 3 blocks from the hotel that is well worth walking to. The staff recommended a small local restaurant Le Chat Bossu and it was fun, cheap and had good food.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alpine2011
ColorDesign, Directeur général at Color Design Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
The Color Design Hotel is really pleased to read that your stay with us was really good; that you enjoy everything, the area, the room and my staff. We are making our best to make you feel like home.

We are sorry for the size of the rooms, I know in Paris it can be a bit tricky to find lots of space available but we are trying to make our best to improve it as much as possible.

A big thanks for your nice comments, it helps us to improve our services every day and I am really please that your were satisfied by our services and our advices. Le chat bossu is also one of my favourite.

Do not hesitate next time you are coming to contact me directly, I will do my best to propose you our best offer and upgrade you to our deluxe which is much bigger.