“Great value and location with extremely friendly staff”
Review of Color Design Hotel

Color Design Hotel
Ranked #727 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
“Great value and location with extremely friendly staff”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Booked as it is close to where I used to live in Paris. Great hotel in a great location if you love this side of Paris! Reception were very good and looked after us very well with taxis and other things. In walking distance of the good night life and gorgeous restaurants in Le Marais and La Bastille.

Room was fun and modern with lovely bathroom.

Room Tip: You want a room facing the courtyard
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
ColorDesign, Directeur général at Color Design Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest,

The Color Design Hotel is really pleased to read that your stay with us was really good; that you enjoy the area, the hotel, and my staff. We are making our best to make you feel like home.

Thank you for your nice comment, it help us a lot to improve our services. Do not hesitate next time you are coming in Paris to contact me directly, I will do my best to propose you our best offer.

Looking forward to welcoming you for your next stay in Paris and we will do again our best to satisfy you.

Elodie Lemaux

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel because of the boutique title but sadly was a little disappointed by the room. We had to go outside the building along a short fire escape to get to our room. The room was not what I would regard as boutique. The room would be better describes as stylish. The communal areas and reception were beautiful and the staff were excellent. It could be put down to the fact we had an average room. I still enjoyed my stay here but was expecting the room to shout wow at me.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Reggie R
ColorDesign, Directeur général at Color Design Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Guest,

The Color Design Hotel is really pleased to read that your stay with us was good; that you enjoy the hotel, the reception and my staff.

I am also really sorry that your room was not what you were expected, it might be because of the size or the lay out, but next time do no hesitate to talk to me about it.

Looking forward to welcoming you for your next stay in Paris, but before coming do not hesitate to contact me directly in order to have special offer and to hold you a bigger room.

Thanks for your comment, it helps us to improve our services.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

very nice and clean, the bed is fantastic and the place is pleasant to walk around. the bathroom is fabulous; personnel is nice and helpful; internet is perfect and the design is very nice and plesant, everything is new and very quiet

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vanessa T
ColorDesign, Directeur général at Color Design Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guest,

The Color Design Hotel is really pleased to read that your stay with us was really good; that you enjoy the area, the room, our breakfast and my staff. We are making our best to make you feel like home.

Chamalieres, France
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Color Design Hotel during a break following a business trip. The hotel is lovely - the rooms are perfect for 1 or 2 people and the breakfast area is nice and quiet. The metro is really close by and the staff was tremendously helpful. Above all I really enjoyed being in a neighborhood. I have been to Paris many times and this was the first time I stayed in the Bastille district. The neighborhood is perfectly safe - I had no problem finding the post office, the groceries and the bars and restos. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
ColorDesign, Directeur général at Color Design Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Service was good when we arrived but the staff could have been friendlier. The rooms were bright and fresh. One downside was the outside of the building- there was graffiti on the building next door and the signage seemed to be dirty, so first impressions weren't great. Location was pretty good, about a 10 minute walk from Bastille. We generally enjoyed our stayed here and would come again :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

The Color Design Hotel is pleased to read that you enjoy your stay with us.

I am really sorry to read that your welcoming was not as good as it could have been. I am always behind my staff to explain them that they need to help our clients to feel like home. I apologise for this as it is not an usual way to behave among my reception staff. In order to correct this mistake, next time you are coming in Paris, do not hesitate to contact me directly I will do my best to propose you our best offer and upgrade you to our deluxe with breakfast included.

For the outside of the next building, unfortunately, we are not the owner but we are working hard everyday to find a solution to ameliorate it.

Looking forward to welcoming you for your next stay in Paris.

Essex, UK
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here with a friend for 3 nights and we were very pleased with our choice! There were so many over-priced hotels in the area and this was very reasonable. Staff were friendly and helpful and although the room was small it was nice and modern, clean and pleasant. Bathroom was all new and fresh. Cleaning done every day. Didn't have breakfast as we like to lie in haha! Could have done with a mini bar in the room with a fridge but for 3 nights it was not a problem.
Location was excellent, we found Bastille fairly un-touristy and more studenty. We enjoyed walking down the main road towards the centre as there were plenty of shops/cafes etc to check out. We loved Barrio Latino (restaurant/bar/club) as well!
Overall we had a great trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
ColorDesign, Directeur général at Color Design Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Guests,

The Color Design Hotel is really glad to read that you spent a nice time with us; that you enjoy everything, the neighbour, the room and my staff. We are making our best to make you feel like home.

A big thanks for your nice comments, it helps us to improve our services every day and I am really please that your were satisfied by our services.

Do not hesitate next time you are coming to contact me directly, I will do my best to propose you our best offer and to offer you the breakfasts.

Athens, Greece
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We spent 8 nights at this hotel. Price was good as we took advantage of a 4-night stay offer. Overall it was ok, nothing special. Room was quite small but this is usual for Paris.There was no mini bar/fridge. They could have done a better job with every day cleaning. One problem is that there was a lot of noise from other rooms and hallway, you could hear people walking and closing doors almost over your head while sleeping.
Location was close to Bastille which is a live area a bit off the "tourist" centre, but there was a metro station very close which was very convenient.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

The Color Design Hotel is pleased to read that you enjoy your stay with us.

We are sorry for the size of the rooms, I know in Paris it can be a bit tricky to find lots of space available but we are trying to make our best to improve it as much as possible.
I am really disappointed that the cleaning in your room was not ok, it's unacceptable from my maids. Next time do not hesitate to come to me and let me know about it. I am really sorry, I am not used to have this type of comments as I tried to be behind them every single day.

A big thanks for your comments, it helps me to improve our services every day and I am really please that your were satisfied by the hotel in general. For the noise, unfortunately, it is a matter in Paris which is really difficult to sort out.

Do not hesitate next time you are coming to contact me directly, I will do my best to propose you our best offer and upgrade you to our deluxe which is much bigger.