“very nice boutique hotel with fantastic location”

Royal Hotel Paris Champs Elysees
Ranked #717 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Alberta, Canada
“very nice boutique hotel with fantastic location”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Impressive older hotel in the heart of Paris. Hotel is located just a block from the Arc De Triumph and just off the Champs Elysees. Quite reasonably priced considering the quality (4 star) and the location. This hotel was recommended by a long time resident of Paris and it did not disappoint.

Room Tip: Upgraded to Superior Room which was a good size, especially for Paris. Room had a king bed and a nic...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
LRivaux, Directeur général at Royal Hotel Paris Champs Elysees, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Guest,

We are most grateful for your gracious comments and review and appreciate your feedback. We thank you for taking the time to share experience on tripadvisor.
Hoping to welcome you again very soon,

Very best regards,

Ludovioc Rivaux

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I can't believe this hotel is 4*.
Positive sides: the location is great (super central) and I found staff to be nice and helpful, but the hotel itself was gifted at least 2 undeserved stars! I also slept well and breakfast was OK.
Negative sides: my room was basically a corridor with a small bedroom. A tiny and rather claustrofobic toilet room and a separate old-style bathroom (shower in the tub, falling apart).
Pretty poor stuff, generally. OK for a holiday, not so OK for a business trip. But at these prices (190 EUR per night with breakfast), I normally choose something else even when I'm on holiday.

Room Tip: Unless you absolutely have to stay close to the Champs Elysées, choose something else.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Businessclown
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Fantastic Location, Warm and Excellent Staff and good service.
It had all the conveniences and is right in the heart of the city.
The reception and concierge went out of their way to make us comfortable.
Will definitely visit again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Warszawa
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I can recommend this hotel because of excellent location, only few steps from Champs Elysees.
Excellent breakfast with a wide choice of dishes, fresh pressed orange juice etc ...
Service very kind and helpfull

Room Tip: Avoid to book room numbers: 100, 200 & 300 because those are extremely small From the rooms lo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Modesto, California
Reviewed 26 December 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Royal Hotel based mostly on a friends recommendations that they liked being so close to Champs Elysees and that the hotel was pretty nice for the price.

Not only would I agree with that, but I would also say that the location so close to the Charles de Gaulle Etoille station made it so simple for us to travel to Paris Disney, Versailles, and all the closer sites like the Louvre and Notre Dame.

The hotel itself is slightly older and the rooms are not huge, but they're not the smallest I've been in either. We've stayed in a couple of hotels in San Francisco that had smaller rooms than the Royal so I wasn't too upset about that. And the hotel had free wifi (well it has "slow speed" for free and faster speeds at a price but I was able to watch slingbox on my ipad on "slow" so no worries).

The staff was friendly. When we needed and iron and ironing board, they brought it. When we needed a cab, they called it. They spoke English well. Nothing to really complain about.

Overall I would recommend the hotel for a couple like us who is used to staying at pretty nice hotels but is willing to sacrifice a little bit of luxury for a great location and less of a price.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I recently spent a couple of nights at the Royal. The first room I was allocated had no window (well, it had a window, but the glass was opaque and no natural light came through). It was like being in a coffin. I am claustrophobic and started to hyperventilate... I went down to reception who immediately gave me an alternative room on the 3rd floor (307) with two floor to ceiling windows. The room was spotlessly clean, but the curtains and carpet were dark, and really poor lighting resulted in a very gloomy atmosphere.

The bathroom was quite large, but it was also poorly lit, and I struggled to apply my makeup. The towels were stored on a shelf above the bath - about 6 feet from the ground, and being quite short, I struggled to get them down. Bizarrely, the hangars in the wardrobe were also really high, and I could only put clothes on them by jumping up!

Breakfast was basic but plentiful, and the staff were extremely friendly and efficient (I booked directly with the hotel and got the €1 deal)

There was a safe in the room, and there were notices advising guests to use it. However, it was too small to accommodate my 12" laptop (but my I-pad fitted).

The location is great. However, I was in Paris for a business trip, and needed to be able to work in the evenings. The room was too dark to work in and the safe was too small to store my laptop. On that basis I would not recommend this hotel for business users.

Room Tip: Room 509 is to be avoided by anyone who is the slightest bit claustrophobic!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed in the Royal Hotel 25 years ago and thought that we would return with our kids for a birthday surprise. The location is superb. You are near to the Metro, RER, Etoile, Arc de Triomphe and the Champs d'Elysee. The staff at the hotel booked and cancelled restaurants for us, got us taxis that arrived on time and dealt with any queries efficiently. The rooms were not luxurious, but the difference in price between the Royal and the George V is astronomical. The housekeeping was very good. They never stinted on the number of bathroom products we received. The breakfasts were amazing: such a selection of good quality food for 1 Euro. I will definitely go back as the Royal makes a casual trip to Paris so accessible

Room Tip: We had two interconnecting superior rooms on the 2nd floor that worked for us and our 3 children.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family