Royal Hotel Paris Champs Elysees
US$332
US$307
  • Room Service
Mercure Paris Bastille Marais(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$164
  • Room Service
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$184
Hotels.com
US$198
US$163
  • Room Service
Kyriad Hotel Paris Bercy Village(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$93
  • Bar/Lounge
US$236
US$193
Melia.com
  • Room Service
All reviewschamps elyseesgreat locationarc de triumphexecutive roomextra bedcomfortable bedstar hotelpleasant hotelrecommend this hotellarge roomincluded breakfastwould stay here againcentral locationchoose this hotelmetro stationsingle roomaround the corner
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Granted, there are less expensive hotels in Paris, but this one is literally steps away from Champs Élysées, Arc de Triomphe and the Paris Metro. It is a historic hotel situated on a relatively quiet, tree-lined street that more-or-less parallels the Champs.
After flying all night, we arrived at the hotel in the early morning. Staff did their best to have our room made up within 30 minutes of our arrival. We opted for an upgraded Superior room. It wasn't comparable to a traditional North American hotel, but it was nice. The room appeared to have been refurbished recently. Overlooking rue de Friedland, the room had large floor-to-ceiling windows that opened to a balcony of sorts. The bed was comfortable, the TV (with plenty of English channels) was new, and the bathroom/tub were spacious by European standards.
All staff that we met spoke English very well, and were very helpful in providing street directions. Employees emerged as one of the positive highlights of our four-day stay.
I would recommend this hotel without hesitation, but it is not inexpensive. If you plan to visit Paris to see the sights, and don't want to spend your time on public transit, then this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Superior if two people are occupying room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This hotel's position is fantastic. With lots of bistros and close to the metro. We requested a early check in and received in no problem. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was bigger than some European hotels. Not huge but adequate. Overall impressed

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bcutler
Reviewed 16 April 2014

When I walked through the front door I was quietly impressed - so far so good. As my weekend unfolded however this hotel, although comfortable, warm, welcoming and clean had nothing on some of the high end chain hotels...and for what it cost I expected far, far more. It's an independent "boutique" hotel that borders getting it absolutely brilliantly correct and those independents that think they're all it but really are a long way off.

Chic no. Ageing furniture, tired fittings and in my opinion horrible beds!...characterful yes, but not really my cup of tea - I prefer hotels that offer value for money and where you really aspire to stay the night. I wouldn't go back.

The staff were great, all spoke exceptional English and were more than happy to accommodate our late Sunday check-out. Breakfast was good, not amazing but good. Didn't like the "school report" style form each breakfast guest had to fill out in order for them to determine who'd eaten - far less imposing to just ask - staff were there all the time.

The location is exceptional, just a few minutes to the Camps Elysees and a few minutes walk to the Arc de Triomphe, can't grumble at that. The George V Metro station is perhaps 5 minutes walk away. A taxi ride to the hotel from Gare du Nord was 18e and back was 11e...busier traffic on a Friday afternoon.

There's three levels of WiFi, free & slow, paid for and fast and expensive and slightly faster. We found it was cheaper and quicker to buy a £3 bundle from EE and surf the net that way. The TV impressively had BBC1, BBC2, BBC3, CBBC, ITV, Sky News and a load of other British terrestrial channels - so if it's raining or if the kids need some entertainment then there's more than BBC World & MTV. Indeed if it is raining there's complimentary umbrellas by the door.

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. If I were to be weighing this place up against another similarly priced (Marriott, Hilton etc) in this area then I'd probably go with one of those...if you get a stonking deal or you just want somewhere clean, comfortable, nice and don't mind paying a premium then this'll do fine...but don't expect it to blow your socks off!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tom P
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Great location. Good breakfast. Front desk staff friendly and helpful.
However, as the check-in is until 12pm and my train at 1 pm. I decided to check-out after 11 pm, and before I opened the door, I heard the maid talking to another person, and she was talking about me, insulting me because I was still in the room so she cannot clean it. I know she needs to finish earlier as I also work in hotel industry but as I know the check-out is until 12 pm,no?! Her attitude was unacceptable, the hotel overall was very good but because of her attitude I won't book in this hotel again, very disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HYD24
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The location makes this hotel fantastic, a minute walk from Champs Elysees, close to the Arc de Triomphe and in easy walking distance to the Eiffel Tower (about 30 minutes). Close to the Metro. The rooms were clean with a TV and mini bar. We arrived 3 hours early and were able to leave our cases while we explored the surroundings. Breakfast was good just help yourself to egg, bacon, sausage, fruit cocktail, fruit, toast, cakes and jams plenty. Service was always with a smile. I would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple