“Good 2Star hotel”

Timhotel Montmartre
Ranked #517 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 11 September 2011

This is my second visit to this hotel and I will be back again. The service was excellent and helpfull at all times. The room was very clean although it was a good size for a single it would have been rather cramped as a double. Because of the corner site some of the rooms are an unusual shape! The hotel is uphill from Abbess Metro station, a climb which may be awkward for some and is situated next to a chestnut filled square. The breakfast was a buffet continental with more choice than usual. All in all it is a near perfect 2 star hotel in an interesting position. Some rooms lack adequate storage space for clothes so one may have to use ones case.

Room Tip: The higher storeys can give very good views.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Timhotel Montmartre

Reviewed 5 September 2011

Very close to Sacre Couer and metro station. Great location! A bit of an uphill climb, but not a big problem. We went in winter when the pavements were icy and yet didn't have much of a problem. Lots of shops and restaurants nearby. My bf and I would skip the hotel breakfast and go to nearby patisseries for breakfast every day.
Rooms very clean and of standard European size (small). Beds comfy. Hotel is situated in a rather quiet area, so we slept soundly. Toilets were very small, just enough space for a sink, WC and shower (no ventilation). Still, no complains for the price we paid.
Free internet access which came in handy.
Staff were rotated regularly, but all were very helpful and friendly.
Would definitely stay here again if we were to return to Paris.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2011

One man on reception was rude- speaking about us in French, but we understood every word he said which took him by surprise! All other staff were lovely and helpful. Hallway by the tiny lift was cluttered with linen everyday. Breakfast was basic but very nice- breads, croissants, drinks, fruit, yoghurt- good quality. Maids consently on their mobile phones, but did a good job.
The double bed (which in fact was two singles pushed together) blocked the wardrobe doors from opening fully, so i had to wedge myself in between the two when getting clothes. Our daughter slept in a single bed which was fine.The Juliet balcony was a bit worn, but safe enough. The carpets were a bit gruppy. The bathroom and shower were vey small- couldn't brush our teeth too well as there was a shelf above the tiniest sink I have ever seen, which meant we couldn't bend down to spit excess water/toothpaste and had to use a plastic cup the hotel provided- we had to spit into the cup and pour it down the sink to rinse our mouths. Had a TV in the Room- French TV only, which was fine for us in the evenings, but you don't go to Paris to watch TV anyway (I hope).
Overall not a bad place- Location was great- exactly where I wanted to stay near Sacre Ceour and the artist quarter. There is a restaurant opposite which is quite nice, we only ate there once though. Our breakfast was included in the price, but I think this is not always the case- maybe try and push them on it and see if you can get it included.
We hardly spent any time in the room as we were out exploring all day. We stayed for 4 nights and I thought it was fine, my husband who loves a luxury hotel thought it was ridiculous. If you are going to Paris to explore the city and want a basic hotel with Breakfast, this is fine; if you want a bit of luxury it is not fine!
(I thought the pillows in the hotel were more comfortable than the ones in the Disneyland hotel- the only thing from Timhotel to beat the fabulous Disney land hotel room!!)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Montmartre is a beautiful place to stay. Once you pop out at Abbesses metro station, it feels like a medieval world miles away from the centre of Paris. Timhotel is located next to a picturesque, inclined, square, a few minutes uphill from Abbesses.
The hotel itself is nothing special - my 'very good' rating is mostly for the location of the hotel. I booked a superior double room (No. 120) through Expedia, which turned out to be only slightly bigger than the bed. The shower curtain didn't reach the ground, resulting in a soggy carpet for the remainder of the stay - although this can be avoided with careful aiming of the shower head. The view over the aforementioned square was nice, especially during the day when an organ grinder worked his way through French street classics. If you're a light sleeper, you probably won't appreciate the drunk people who sometimes hang out there at night. I'm not convinced it was a superior room, but even still the price wasn't unreasonable for such a nice location. The staff at the front desk seemed pleasant.
One more thing: Abbesses metro station is a long way under ground. If you take the stairs, you'll be very sweaty by the time you reach the hotel (I was!). Fortunately there's a massive lift which will save you the exercise.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2011

The location is great and perfect for a romantic holiday. 5 min walk from 'Abbesses' Metro station and 10 min walk from the fabulous Montmartre quarter nearby the amazing Sacré-Coeur basilica.

I got a regular room at 3rd floor but for additional 30 euros/day you can book a room at higher floors with an astonishing view over Paris (the staff told me this is only possible via the Hotel website not via other websites). However I am happy with the room I got. Notice not all rooms have air-conditioning so ask for a room with it at the time of booking.

I haven't tried the hotel breakfast (to be purchased separately) as Paris offers the most amazing bakeries at literally every corner of the city. You'll find plenty nearby the hotel.

My room was clean and the staff helpful. The only major problem was, as described by other reviewers, the noise from slamming doors. The walls are thin and whenever a door gets closed in neighbor rooms the vibration can be heard quite loud In your room. Not pleasant in the night/morning. Also, people talking loud in other rooms can be heard. Bring earplugs just in case.

To be a 2 stars hotel and given the location I would definitely recommend Timhotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I visit Paris often and I was here this time for a weekend with my mum who was travelling from Australia. There were several delays to her flight and mix ups with landings and trains. When we got to the hotel it would have been nice to just sit down, relax and unwind in this beautiful part of Paris. No.

The person on the front desk was rude and arrogant. My mum paid A LOT more for a room with a maginficent view and this was shown on the voucher that was presented. This was not noticed by the attendant at the front desk and a standard room was provided. Tired and listless from literally travelling across the world my mum and I went to the room given and then sat down on the bed. We even had the gall to use the amenities.

When my mum asked about whether the room was the one that we had asked for, the attendant at the front desk was not going to give us the room that we had paid for even though it was shown on the voucher. I was not aware of it as I was not the person who paid and booked but I was not shy about asking for what we had paid for. It took a lot to convince this person that it was her that made the error by allocating us the wrong room. The problem was rectified but only because I was insistent.

This is a nice hotel chain, relaible but there are so many other hotels that might be smaller or in a side street with much more accomodating staff and with more reasonable rates for a stay. I will stay somewhere else the next time I come to Paris.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank bigusbirdus
Reviewed 1 July 2011

Booked one night in Montmartre Timhotel in March, 2011 for stay at the end of June online. Confirmed reservation immediately. Three days before the stay, I received an email that there was an emergency and they had moved me to Timhotel, Opera Madeline.
Tried calling and emailing, but either no response or vague responses. My husband and I had been looking forward to staying in Montmartre for three months.
After checking in at the Opera Madeline Timhotel (no choice) the receptionist had not heard that the hotel was closed, nor of any emergency.
I'm pretty sure I got bumped because the emergency was a block of rooms for a higher price and a longer stay by someone other than me.
Upon checking in at the Opera Timhotel, the manager would not give me any kind of discount, nor their web-advertised price in spite of the inconvenience. In very good English, she said, "I have this room for the price you booked-take it or leave it."
Learn from my misfortune - steer clear and don't take it!

Room Tip: Choose a different chain of hotel
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple