Upon arrival we were greeted by a very pleasent English speaking receptionist but that is where the pleasantries begin and end. Here is a list of why you shouldn't stay here:
1. The creaky elevator which is coming close to collapse
2. The massive vomit stain on the carpet in the corridor outside the elevator of level 3.
3. The non English speaking receptionist and his rudeness as well as lack of knowledge regarding customer concerns
4. The permanent stench of sewerage in the bathroom which after a shower moves into the bedroom too.
5. The area!!! We thought we would walk up to sacre coeur to watch the sun set and had to turn back. We walked past three men urinating in the middle of a main road and one man even squatting while he took a dump!! The pavement is stained in urine trails and human feces and the smell is just as bad. This part of the city is just one big public urinal. Each time you walked past packs of locals hanging around which is seemingly the only way people move around here they stop and stare you down.
6. Next to a rail way so there is the constant sound of trains and there are two hospitals close by so you will never not hear a siren going off.
It's a really unsafe area and there isn't much to do or to eat around it so you do need to catch the metro into the inner part of paris and back at your own risk of walking back to the hotel at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located between the Gare du Nord and the Gare de l'Est; this hotel has an internal garden and a bi-lingual staff; near museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotelopia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel At Gare du Nord reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Timhotel Gare Du Nord Hotel Paris
- Timhotel Gare Du Nord Paris