“A few days in Paris”

Ranked #884 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Helsinki, Finland
“A few days in Paris”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed 4 nights at Paris. When we arrived at the hotel we were told that our reservations had not been received. However, I was paid for the hotel (fortunately I had the receipt with me), so we got a room at another hotel of the same chain and the hotel paid the taxi journey. So we spent one night in Montmartre, where we had a room on the top floor with beautiful views of the rooftops of Paris.The next day we returned to the original hotel. Overall, the hotel was mediocre. Breakfast was good to have a good time, because some of the dishes seemed to run out quickly. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and they very much regretted the confusion. Huonemme was the inner courtyard, so the view was just valkosta stone wall of a window, but otherwise the room was comfortable and functional. The hotel really a central location just a short walk away from the example, the Louvre, the Opera House and Notre Dam Church.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Fallbrook, California, United States
Reviewed 11 April 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at the Timhotel Palais Royal. We spent three night in September of 2012. We enjoyed the location. It was close to two different Metro entrances and had many cafes that were in close walking distance. You can also walk to Notre Dame in only 15 to 20 minutes. If you arrive from the airport though, do yourself a favor and get a cab to the hotel. Luckily, my husband and I are in shape and were traveling light. But it was still not easy to navigate the metro stairs with luggage. The people at the front desk were always very helpful and were able to communicate in English. The rooms were small but that should be expected in Paris.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lori C
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I met the devil in Paris and his name is U_______ (think U.S. General who won civil war). This guy was downright mean. I had to insist he call a store for me to see if I could return an unopened item (Office Depot). I gave him the receipt for the phone number; he said there was no number. I said, it says "tel" right here, does that not mean "telephone" in French? He was looking for a way not to call, but he gave in. The second to last night of my trip I twisted my ankle badly when I exited the Metro. My ankle immediately swelled quite a bit (3 days later it is still swollen and black and blue). A guy standing nearby helped me up and told me to keep walking so the ankle didn't stiffen up. I got to the hotel and asked U______ if he could get me some ice. No, the hotel has no ice, go around the corner to the Pharmacy. Hmmm. . . When I waddled back to the hotel after buying my ice pack, there was a man at the elevator at same time as me. U______ said the elevator is not working. (I was on the 4th floor.) The next morning (I hobbled down the stairs) I asked the desk clerk if the elevator was working yet. He said of course and looked puzzled at the question. I strongly believe the elevator was never broken and that U______ took the opportunity to add to my misery for whatever reason ran through his head. I apologize to the man who was with me and had to go up the stairs to his room. I'll never stay at at this hotel again even though the location was great and it was very clean.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Santiago, Region Metropolitana, Chile
Reviewed 26 February 2013

The location was excellent, we had a little bit of trouble finding the hotel the first day but the next day we realized we were really close to everything, 5 minutes away is the Louvre and to the other side you can find the Opera and in any direction you walk you´ll find the subway. The rooms and specially the bathroom were really clean at a very good price also, I totally recomend this hotel

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Portsmouth
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Perfect Location!
It was not very comfortable to sleep because the temperature was too high during the night and the beds not that comfortable. The room was tiny but clean
Very good price for the area!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Cristina Z
auckland
Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 6 nights over Christmas time on our honeymoon, perfect location and great hotel with all the best locations within 10 minutes walk, louvre, orangerie, notre dame, dorsay, palais royal, left bank etc...bourse metro is 2 mins walk away so easy to get to other locations in paris, breakfast was amazing with a good selection and very tasty fresh croissants daily. Shops around the hotel are great, Staff are helpful especially Peter. The only downfall was the room we got, room 706. the room was very nice and had all the amenities needed, just the location of the room was a disaster at night time, it is right next to the loud lift, so all throughout the night you here the lift going up and down, also your headrest of the bed is right next to the hallway and another room so you hear other guests in room 703 slam doors constantly, you could constantly hear toilets flush and people talking in the opposite room which was not pleasant until 1am every morning. We tried to move rooms but they said they where full so could not accommodate us with this.

Would I stay again? Yes definitely, but not in room 706 or a room next to the lift.

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank SandWnz
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stayed for a couple of nifgths in one of the twin rooms which it was very nice (facilities ,size and cleaning),breakfast was very nice aswell (high quality products) and the staff was also helpfull and nice.If I come back to Paris I'll provably stay again in this hotel.I stayed on 2/11/12

Room Tip: I stayed on the 5th floor wich it was nice.