“Serves the purpose...”

Ranked #986 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Serves the purpose...”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights (Room 52) in July and it was ok as it served the purpose of some place to sleep and take shower.

Pros... Friendly Reception, Good location, walkable to Eiffel tower. Less than 2 mins walk, you will reach Dupleix Metro station. Free WiFi, TV, tea/coffee making facilities, daily maid service with decent bed spreads and towels. Lot of shops / restaurants around the hotel.

Cons...As expected in Paris, the hotel room size was very small and hardly had space to crawl around. Toilet and shower was too small. If you are well built, please avoid this hotel.

Didn't try the breakfast in the hotel, so no comments about it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Timhotel15, Manager at Timhotel Tour Eiffel, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Thank you for your time spent comment, very soon at Timhotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Lille, France
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Whilst this hotel is in an ideal location for where I wanted to be, quite frankly I will not use it again.
I have been in some small rooms but even the Ibis at Cambronne has a bigger space! The bathroom is so badly designed that unless you are petit you cannot enter the shower.
When I complained I was offered the chance to select another room but this was exactly the same - worse, there was damp on the ceiling of the shower and therefore a feeling of inattention to cleanliness from the management.
The matress had clearly seen better days and was in need of replacing.
Worst of all, the hotel clearly did not have a service-minded ethic as having booked my room 5 weeks in advance and having requested a room away from the street, the only rooms I was offered were both on the first floor and facing the street!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SFLille59
Timhotel15, Manager at Timhotel Tour Eiffel, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
We are sorry that the service did not meet your expectations, and we beg you to accept our sincerest apologies.

Be assured that the necessary corrective measures have already been taken to ensure that the quality level meets your expectations and earns your trust when you next stay with us.

Again thank you for your comments and hope to convince you, at the next visit, the inconvenience you have known were isolated incidents.

Looking forward to welcome you shortly at Timhotel, please accept, our warmest greetings.

Sincerely yours,

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Dublin
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I stayed here in Mid June 2013 for a few days. We were not expecting a lot from the hotel, primarily it was just somewhere to set up base while we toured Paris. We were on the fourth floor. Most Rooms in Paris Hotels tend to be on the smaller side but this was tiny, so small in fact that I managed to keep banging my head off the TV mounted on the wall. We had no room for our luggage on the floor.
The bathrooms were clean but the toilet, bath and sink had lots of polly filla all around them and the base of the toilet was cracked and dislodged from the floor.
The Bed consisted of two single beds shoved together with a double mattress on top of these and was very 'squeaky'. The hotel itself is quite noisy and hearing the goings on in other rooms was common. We wouldn't pay for the breakfast as it was cheaper to eat outside. The lift can barely fit two people. On one occasion it wasn't working and the receptionist had to shake the doors so it would start! On arrival our door wouldn't remain closed and we had to report it.
On a plus (if there is one) the staff are very friendly and it is only a 5-10 minute walk to the Eifel tower.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Colm D
By answering our questionnaire, you have taken the time to give us your opinion about your stay in our hotel, and we thank you.

Sincerely yours,
Penang, Malaysia
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I stayed at the hotel during my visit to Paris in May 2013. The hotel had a good location with walking distance from the Dupleix Metro station and the Eiffel Tower. My room was on the fifth floor but I could only see the tip of Eiffel Tower from the window. With the room rate that I have paid , I would consider the size of the double room allocated to me was very small. I had the experiece using the smallest elevator in life during my stay there. With the luggage, the lift could only accomodate for only 1 user each time. The room was equiped with WIFI but was not very clean. There were many restaurants nearby and I like the Sunday and Wednesday morning market located just next to the metro station. I would not recommend this hotel to my friends,

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
I'm sorry to read that the level of service you are not agreed. It is true that the rooms are small and the lift, but with regard to carpets they will be changed before the end of the year. Soon at Timhotel
Chatham, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 June 2013

It might have been my room but I did not enjoy staying at this hotel. The staff was very pleasant but when I got to the room my view change. I had to walk outside to an ungly balcony (ok, with some views to the city and the Tour Eiffel) that was a kind of weird. The room size was fine but I felt it was smelly. The carpet did not seem cleaned. The bathroom was also stinky. I did not complain since I was only there for a couple of nights so did not want to bather. The breakfast was OK. Location is good too. Maybe some other rooms are better. During breakfast I saw people with different range of ages. If you dont find other hotel, you can certainly stay here but make sure you room is cleaned and smell good.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jossie07
I'm sorry to read that the level of service you are not agreed. Also, the room 63 you talked to undergo an odor problem because sewers. We brought in technicians to repair, and the carpet was clean. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience. I hope to see you soon at Timhotel
Skidby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2013

The hotel was handily placed for the metro and close enough to walk to the Eiffel Tower. The staff were very frienldy and helpful but our room was a bit cramped and noisy from the street. The bed was very comfortable but we didn't sleep so well, if we had the window open for air it was too noisy and if we kept the window closed it was quiet but the room got a bit stuffy. The lift was I think the smallest lift I've ever seen, it said it was for 3 people but it was better for 2. The breakfast was good and you could eat as much or as little as you wanted. If I went again though I'd take my own tea bags!

Room Tip: Don't get room 45
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
I'm sorry to read that the service of the hotel is not up to your expectations. Thank you for your comments to our team, and hopefully soon at Timhotel
Skidby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2013

This hotel is in a good position with regards to access the metro and is within easy walking distance of many tourist attractions and good restaurants. We enjoyed our stay immensley. We were given room number 45 and it is a good job we didn't have a cat with us as there wasn't room to swing it. The room though was clean and the bed comfortable. The bathroom was adequate though the shower cubicle was a bit cramped. We found the noise from the street below a bit loud and it did go on all night but that is maybe as we come from a very quiet sleepy village and we're not used to city noise. The staff were extremely helpful and courteous at all times.

Room Tip: Don't get room 45
2 Thank Wendy H
The whole team of Timhotel Tour Eiffel thank you for your stay. See you soon at Timhotel.