“A GREAT day trip away from Paris!”

French Mystique Bike Tours
Ranked #54 of 148 Outdoor Activities in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the only bike tour company in Paris offering biking day trips into the countryside near Paris. Get off the beaten path on a biking day trip from Paris to see beautiful chateaux and medieval towns, biking on quiet country roads through the rural French countryside and passing through charming, unknown centuries old villages. You can see major destinations such as Chartres, Provins and Monet's House and Gardens in Giverny among other destinations while also experiencing completely off the beaten path places that no other tourist (and many French people, including my wife) have ever seen. This is a totally unique biking experience. We also offer biking tours in Paris and all our Paris tours are custom tailored to our client's needs. There are no planned itineraries for our Paris tours so they are always unique. See the main tourist sites and attractions or go on an off the beaten path adventure and visit sites no other tourist sees. You can also do a mix of major sites and off the beaten path exploring. Whatever you choose your bike tour with us will be one of your most memorable experiences of your trip to Paris.
Reviewed 17 August 2013

After several days of walking to the usual Parisian sites and museums, my girlfriend and I wanted an authentic look at the French countryside. We found EXACTLY what we were looking for on our bike tour through lower Normandy from Monet's farmhouse gardens in Giverny to the medieval castle and cathedral in Gisors. We will never forget the amazing, beautiful, pastoral farmlands we rode through on a beautiful summer day!

Bruce was a masterful host, with every detail worked out. He really does go over and above the level of service needed to ensure the guests are prepared for the trip - everything - your level of fitness, making sure we caught the correct trains, and preparing a DELICIOUS picnic lunch for us beside a beautiful old mill. Not only were we shepherded in a very enjoyable way through the beautiful countryside, we also learned some very interesting history along the way.

If you have a long enough stay in France near Paris, we HIGHLY recommend you invest in a day you will never forget!

Tim - San Marcos, Texas

3  Thank Tim M

Reviewed 28 July 2013

After a few days at Eurodisney and walkabout in Paris we had planned for a day cycling with Bruce at French Mystique Bike Tours. It could not have been a better day! Relaxing pace, historical information and beautiful scenery, a super combination. The tour along the Marne river was well suited for families with children, ours are 10, 12 and 16.

2  Thank Are S
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We had booked the Marne River tour but the weather was very iffy so Bruce offered a half day tour more locally. We asked for something off the beaten track and he accommodated us 100 percent. With Bruce leading the way, we rode comfortably through paris traffic and explored lesser known arrondisements and sights (including an Art Nouveau church - stunning). Then trails through Bois Vincennes , a large park on the outskirts of Paris, and a stop at the Chateau Vincennes, replete with a 12th century dungeon. I can't speak to the Marne River trip we didn't take, but I m happy to report that Bruce's alternative was a highlight of our trip and made us feel that we had seen a side of Paris that we would never otherwise have experienced.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

My wife and I just completed our bike tour with Bruce and it was our best day in Paris. Great communications before the trip, very informative website, Bruce called us while we were in the states and suggested we change dates because of the weather forecast (which made a huge difference) and everything was very well planned and organized. Riding through Paris during morning rush hour was a bit of an adventure but we made it safely and quickly to the train station and after an hour on the train we were touring the French countryside. We took the Fontainebleau tour which took us to a royal palace (crazy that we were able to walk the gardens without a single other tourist present - compared to Versailles which was wall to wall people). Neither my wife or I are avid bikers but Bruce did a good job describing the difficulty - I'd call it moderate - don't really need to be a great biker but it's a fairly good workout and it helps to at least be comfortable on a bike). I'd also recommend padded bike shorts since you'll be on your bike for about 4-6 hours. Bruce brought along lunch which we ate in front of yet another off the beaten path Chateau and in general the day was just a great experience.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

My husband and I just spent the day with Bruce touring the French countryside, and it was definitely the highlight of our trip!
We have done guided tours in other countries, and this was by far the best! Bruce is personable, very organized, knowledgeable and completely flexible, too! I honestly believe that, given enough time, Bruce could and would arrange a bike tour for anyone and everyone's expectations and desires! He was great, and we had a blast. It is the best way to truly get the feel of this beautiful country... we both highly recommend it! Hope we can do it again!